Why haven't you switched to EcoBoost® yet? Stock VS stock a 3...

Why haven't you switched to EcoBoost® yet? Stock VS stock a 3.5L EcoBoost V6 weighs 70 pounds less than a Superchargered LT4 engine and makes more power.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.caranddriver.com/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-deep-dive-what-makes-the-new-supercharged-lt4-v-8-tick/
cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-crate-engine-kit-3-5l-ecoboost-365-hp/p/M600735T/
jdscycle.com/page7.html
autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/03/ford-gt-engine-shares-
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>inb4 muh sound

blog.caranddriver.com/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-deep-dive-what-makes-the-new-supercharged-lt4-v-8-tick/

The LT4 weighs 529 lbs. The EcoBoost weighs 450. Any logical arguments or are you just here to shitpost?

>bait
>1080p
>not 1080p

Clever girl.

>Albino doubletail betta
Damn, that's at least a $50 fish, if not $70.

yeah but the EcoBoost engine can't make 1500 hp reliably

the lt4 can't make any power reliably

>1500 HP
>reliable
lmao

A V8 running 20 PSI is more reliable than a V6 the same PSI.

Not really, it depends on how well said engines are built.

The fc rotary only weighed 50 lbs less than the fox body 5.0. Also 50 lbs is an 11 year old passenger. Saving 50 lbs is not really impressive.

Compare it to the eco boost 4 cylinder. How much do the two weigh? Also what is the power/liter of the two? I bet the answer will provide contradictory evidence to your point.

can you buy this engine ala carte?

cjponyparts.com/ford-racing-crate-engine-kit-3-5l-ecoboost-365-hp/p/M600735T/

no idea, i'm not sure if there's an official weight for the 4 cylinder ecoboost.
Yes, there's even going to be a Ford GT crate engine.

v8 sounds and feels better than v6
supercharger provides better power delivery than a turbo.
The more desirable setup costs 1/4 of the price.

see

>supercharger provides better power delivery than a turbo.
kek

preemptive damage control for a notion that bothers you? I seen it already. v8 still sounds better.

(you)

>supercharger provides better power delivery than a turbo

>muh sound

>Why haven't you switched to EcoBoost
shit mpg

So where is my twin turbo 5.0 ford? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

they can't market the V6 if they did that

Yeah, if you hammer on the gas all the time like a retard.

superchargers are garbage, everyone knows this

The GT500 is coming in the next few months.
wrong

Yeah, but I want an 800 hp mustang GT to spin out and crash into walls while leaving car shows with

>that steering wheel for the engine stand
kek

turbos are energy recovery, superchargers sap energy from the engine to run.
on the other end, superchargers react much more directly with the throttle than turbos. Super-Turbocharging clearly the best solution.

introducing the new 2016 Shelby cobra
envoking all the danger of the original car, only now with less car!

>Super-Turbocharging clearly the best solution.

you mean "sequential turbos"

>twin turbo v8 engine stand cart
How the the Ultima GTR compete?

>muh peak hp
dynographs don't show lag.
the supercharged version has superior driveability and better throttle response.

what if you made a turbine that ran off a belt at low RPM, then transitioned to airflow once that produces better performance?

Pretty much this.

>8mph towing a track day Lotus Elise at 60mph

Fuck Ecoboost, criminalize OEM turbos.

>superchargers react much more directly with the throttle than turbos.
Literally false by definition.
Superchargers react to RPM, and have nothing to do with throttle. It's turbochargers that respond to throttle.
>supercharger fanboys can't defend this without resorting to shitposting

>dynographs don't show lag.
it absolutely does retard, you can clearly see the turbo makes more power at every single point of the rev range

the "turbo lag" meme is literally fucking irrelevant because it still makes more power at the bottom of the rev range than the supercharger

>the supercharged version has superior driveability and better throttle response.

makes less power at every point of the rev range, so this is false and you are a tard

well you could do that, but you'd need a cluthc to turn it off after certain RPM

or just add sequential turbos and call it a day

Why are these threads so fucking dumb? We've only had this thread at least once every week for the past 5 years. Why haven't any of you retarded niggers bothered to learn about the F/I method you don't circle-jerk to?

wrong again. turbos like in the graph that kid posted suffer from massive lag. the bigger the turbo;the more it lags.

I'm schooling idiots on Veeky Forums as usual.,

I just was looking into some kind of hybrid design because, despite modern turbo setups outputting more power across the whole band, I want more direct control of that power, especially when the turbo is at its weakest.

>17 seconds down the quarter mile on a 700+hp

why haven't you learn how to stop being a huge fag?

what is this meme?

Wow two Ford shill threads on the first page, hope they're paying you well.

Bread on time slip or bench race elsewhere, user. Also, checked.

>wrong again

nope, the turbo makes more power at the lower portion of the rev range

>graph that kid posted suffer from massive lag. the bigger the turbo;the more it lags.

the turbo makes power than than the supercharger even when its "lagging"

turns out you are a retard that can't even read a dyno graph, you are schooling us on how dumb you are

exactly how it sounds

he ran a 17 second quarter mile in his 700+ hp camaro

as far as I know his fastest time was high 12s, which is the same time a stock camaro does the quarter

I'm not benchracing, im making fun of you

gearing, tires, or differential? do they need upgrades?

>hypothetically comparing a my time to a time you had to google to learn
>not benchracing

compared to the parasitic lag of the superchargers you mong you might as well throw in another ac compressor in your shitbox

>you have to google about quarter mile times to know a 17 second one on a 700hp car is slow as fuck

seriously though, what's with the time? still learning how to drag or is the car not finished?

Dynographs don't show lag retard, they only show power in relation to rpm.
in the time it takes that turbo to rev to 3000 rpm the supercharged version would already be at 5000.

whatcha guys think about vgt/vnt turbo

why do people need that many stock photo of people mocking someone or somethings ?
only for shit posting purpose ?

I suppose you're gonna tell me you learned what all stock camaros do in the 1/4 mile because you personally drove one at a drag strip, huh?

>benchracing this hard

>it has too work more to make less
user

you could do the same thing with a pair of turbine blades and a cone that moves in and out of the housing, no need for variable geometry vanes

sounds a how lot more complicated and prone to failure

The engine drives the supercharger so they don't lag as superchargers add more power than they draw and build boost from 100rpm.

>reading comprehension
user

15 second pass, 780 whp + street tires (See: wheel spin), one run only at an unprepared track I'd never been to.

I was doing a road rally in 2014 and one of the checkpoints was to make a pass at some track in Ohio. Next pass was a week or so later at my local track and ran a low 12. Haven't been since because I've been converting the car to air suspension and swapping in a 9 inch diff which took 9 damn months to receive (DSS a shit). I'll be at another drag strip next week for the re-match of the century (same guy I was running with during the 15 second pass. As the 15 second meme caught on here I've steadily been implying it was actually 17 seconds to weed out the newfags who weren't around when I was posting the original 15 second slip two years ago.

Literally finished getting the ride height sensors working today (also a pain in the ass that kept the car in the garage for months) so I'm stoked as fuck to start going to Bandimere again.

/Blog Post

with the 3000rpm the turbo does more then the supercharger at 5000rpm

the cone design actually would have less moving parts, but tuning would be complicated.
I figured getting power down was the issue, given the times. dunno why people think you're shit just because you didn't have slicks.

That was just an example. It's probably closer to 1000rpm and 5000rpm respectively, depending on the size of the turbo.

that depends on a lot more things than just RPM and you know it. also he's not talking about anything more than stabilizing the compressed air control with the throttle

Most are just regurgitating the meme. I have DR's now, but I'm still racing at just shy of 6000 feet elevation which eats some time. So when I make a low 11 second pass user still won't be impressed.

you are a retard, a dynograph absolutely shows lag, lag is not only represented by the amount of time it takes for a turbo to spool but by the difference in the power output, turbo lag is noticeable because of the power differential between the turbo at max psi and while its on threshold
here, have a dyno graph of a turbo bike, which are as peaky as you can get
jdscycle.com/page7.html
pic related
the dyno graph isn't linear, as in the holden ute, because the holden ute doesn't have any noticeable power differential between full boost and boost threshold

>in the time it takes that turbo to rev to 3000 rpm the supercharged version would already be at 5000.
nice bullshit, because in the video the turbo doesnt take much to spool

just because a turbo doesn't make peak turbo pressure at the lower portion of the rev range doesn't mean it has "lag"

as a matter of fact, a progressive approach to the power delivery, a characteristic of properly sized turbos is prefferable to the way a supercharger delivers power instantly because its easier to lose traction

thats why civics and other FWD cars with massive turbos have boost by gear, where boost pressure increases on every gear, so they dont have massive wheelspin in 1st and 2nd

you are a tard

no, I watched someone take a stock camaro down the quarter when i was dgoing down the quarter in mine, you don't honestly belive I would personally drive such a shitty car do you?

No, I'm just making fun of what you think you know about cars bb.

>17 seconds down the quarter mile on a car that makes 700hp
>thinking he can make fun of anyone

Sound is a pretty reasonable reason to not want it desu.

There are good sounding V6s, this just isn't one of them.

Post your slip and I'll stop. Promise.

Where are your timeslips?

>expecting me to provide you with arguments to defend yourself

really?

That shows power lag, not rpm lag retard.
and I watched the video, there's a noticeable difference in driveability favoring the supercharged model of course.
the only way to eliminate lag is to use an electric turbo in conjunction with a regular turbo, and even then it's still fake power.

>talking shit like your car is faster and can't prove it
Makes sense.

im not saying my car is faster

>power lag not related to rpm lag

yeah, you are a retard

again an engine like that motorbike is going to have lag, the holden in the video didn't

>there's a noticeable difference in driveability favoring the supercharged model of course.
considering the turbo is making more power, no there isn't

>fake power
lol, nice butthurt

That engine is shit and the TTV6 in the GT is bespoke to that car.

It's the same exact engine, dumbass.

I'm sorry your own graph proved you wrong.

But you're talking shit about a 15 second run where you don't know any specifics, call his car shit, now backpeddle saying your car isn't faster. I think bromaro looks like he fucks his sister but unless you have proof you have a faster car, you can't really talk shit unless you're just stupid or trying to troll very poorly.

but I can and is basically what I do everytime he posts

it doesn't though, the turbo dyno graph is higher at every point of the rev range

The EcoBoost in the GT isn't the same as the F150's. It's massively different. They only have the displacement in common.

So rather than work towards a goal of having a faster car, you just benchracer and talk shit, all while probably driving a 25 year old civic.

but user I am working towards my goal of having the cars I want

tht doesn't mean I can't make fun of a tripfag

he is a tripfag, their sole purpose in life is to exist so anons can make fun of them

That's completely wrong though. The GT shares 70% of the same parts as of the F-150.

autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/03/ford-gt-engine-shares-

But then he just goes and drives his car and forgets about some kid talking shit online. I'll never own a camaro, but his car is pretty nice.

yeah thats alright, its color pattern is kind of ugly but its nice

I can still make fun of him taking 19 seconds to run the quarter mile tho

That's all well and good for someone who either doesn't know how to use a gearbox, or someone who doesn't understand a throttle is progressive and isn't just 0-100%.
Are you either of those retards?

Wrong. V8s are inherently more reliable

Seriously fuck soundfags

It's an engine, it all sounds like BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM

Wrong.

I exist because I spread Miata knowledge as an expert.

I am TR00 JayDeeEmm

I'm straight

Isn't it just a 4-cycle engine that has direct injection and turbocharging? Doesn't like 80% of all the engines out there now have those two things too these days?

It's like GM's marketing for posi-traction - it's just a limited slip differential, but it sounds SEW FAWNCEH.

We're talking about the V6, brah.

[citation needed]

this triggered them