/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #411

"A glimpse into the future" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10882668
strawpoll.me/11013698
strawpoll.me/11054607
strawpoll.me/11083494
strawpoll.me/11088687
strawpoll.me/11103444
strawpoll.me/11107672

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5mYBnowe4OY
youtube.com/watch?v=YRNc97QPmgc
youtube.com/watch?v=uLDtTaoRUPQ
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
loveisstrange-vn.tumblr.com/post/142072569900/after-a-wild-journey-lasting-roughly-half-a-year
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

After every storm comes sunshine and calm.
youtube.com/watch?v=5mYBnowe4OY

Victoria is the best girl.

I hope Victoria learned to be nicer after the week and found true friends. Too bad we didn't get to see the results of anyone's growing up.

No.

Max, please. We all know Chloe is great.

can someone post her ass
she THICC

You do not spend that much time going thought time and back and in the Dark room.

You do see the zeitgeist museum, Jefferson does not burn your pictures. You find out Jefferson is working with the Prescotts. They have a cult like thing going and are behind the storm. Native American spirit shit going on. David comes and saves you. You find out you have to go to the Prescott Mansion, but first Chloe. So zoom time back to the latest selfie you take with Chloe and give her a letter that she must not open until they go to the end of the world party telling where they have to go next. Time zooms out and you are back on Saturday morning inside Chloe's truck, its waiting on a hillside near Prescott mansion. This whole part now replaces Two Whales and Nightmare sequence. You go in the Mansion dig though and find a basement. It has some Eyes Wide shut shit. Prescotts are a cult calling supernatural shit for their advantage. Jefferson is in it. Some sequences happens you meet Sean. Now depending on how you treated Nathan he helps you or not. if you snitch or beat him up he tries to fuck you up. If you are nice to him he will help you. Keep going you find elder tobanga. elder tobanga got powers and cult does shit to them. Dark room is just a ritual that replaces girl entering womanhood. Like Jefferson explains girls go though this and lose innocence. So in the end you get a sequence like saving Kate that has decisions based on your past decisions. Like this you get multiple endings and you choices actually do matter. Bay is safe, Bae is safe, Michael can raise his wife's sons.

Stop it, or go away.

Kate is #1.

Just finished this game. This is the second time in my life I have Katawa Dick Syndrome, and the feelings of crushing loneliness that accompanies it.

You've come to the right place. We've all been there and felt those feelings.

I ain't felt no dick syndromes.

youtube.com/watch?v=YRNc97QPmgc

Just look at the war the Co-Creator looks at Michael.You can tell he is disappointed in him and fed up with this shit. I wouldn't be surprised if Michael isn't in their next project. I bet everyone in the studio hates him. That attention seeking cuck.

You're reaching, they act fine.

I've been reading pretty much anything related to the game that I can find on the internet.

A lot of people seem disappointed with Ep5, and although I understand that the last episode did things way differently than the previous four, I think I wouldn't mind the change in experience if they fleshed my ending out. For some reason, the "save Chloe" ending (which I chose) is a lot shorter and has much less exposition than the other ending. That's kinda frustrating. I think that is casting a negative light on the rest of the episode for me.

I probably haven't said anything new with my post, but wanted to say it anyway.

shut up Michael. You should attend to your wife, your bull needs prepping.

Best ending scenario I could think of would have been something involving:
-Meeting Rachel during the nightmare, getting to talk to her and get the truth from her. she tells Max she's the one that gave her a power to save Chloe
-Max realizes she's cannot let Chloe die but has an idea for how to stop the storm
-She decides to go back and try to get everything right, but if she fails then she's just going to rewind and smash the fire alarm again
-Max goes back into the bathroom from Episode 1
-She freezes time like when she saved Kate, she uses this pause to write as much about the week as she can in her diary, she unpauses time
-She steps out when Nathan and Chloe are fighting
-She calmly tells Nathan to drop the gun and uses the information she's learned throughout the week to successfully talk him down
-Chloe is entirely confused but Max immediately walks over to her side
-Max convinces Nathan to give up, go to the police, and tell them about Jefferson (Leaving out details about Rachel for now)
-He's scared but Max comforts him and tells him he needs to take responsibility for what he has done. Nathan leaves
-Max tells Chloe that a lot of weird stuff is going on and that she needs to trust her, if any weird weather stuff starts happening, Chloe needs to warn as many people as she can before Friday. She also needs to tell David about the Prescott Barn.
-Max and Chloe walk out of the bathroom, Max tells Chloe to ask for the diary once Max shows any sign of surprise at seeing her
-Max enters autopilot, everything is now new to her and to Chloe, but they have the diary to guide them
-Max comes to with Chloe and they're together. The storm has either been averted or they warned as many people as they could that would listen
-Chloe has learned about the week's events, about Rachel, and about what happened between her and Max (Memories Chloe is now eager to remake), Max also retains her knowledge so they are finally on the same page

Oh wow. Didn't think that post would be that long. Sorry.

>tl;dr version: Max goes back with the butterfly photo., pauses times, writes everything in her diary, calms Nathan down, gives diary to Chloe, both spend the week together and learn everything again as the diary gives them info

>For some reason, the "save Chloe" ending (which I chose) is a lot shorter and has much less exposition than the other ending

Dontnod's budget ran out at the end of episode 5 and they half assed the bae ending.

If that ending had as much exposition as the sacrifice Chloe one, I would hate episode 5 slightly less (although it still has massive flaws).

Both endings should have had equal length and there is simply no excuse for it being any other way. If they couldn't afford to make one longer then they should cut made the other shorter or found something else to cut to add length to the lacking ending.

The Bay ending is longer because it is the correct and canon ending. The series will reaffirm this.

I'll try to kiss you if you let me

I agree, but Dontnod obviously wanted to push sacrifice Chloe as canon.

>Chloe shies away
>Chloe: "Wait, I want to rewind"
>Max: "What? You want me to rewind that?"
>Chloe: "No! I want to rewind...just pretend the last few seconds didn't happen."
>Max: "Why?"
>Chloe: "Because I want to redo that. That kiss didn't happen, this is the first time. I Double Dare you, kiss me now."
>They kiss properly this time

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:

a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
a time to rend, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.

I doubt that. One thing Dontnod was good at, and continues to be good at, is not validating one choice over another. Even if they take it to a stupid extent by saying "Max is whatever you want her to be", they have never once said that one ending is proper or right.
Just that each has its own perks and complications. Although personally, I see no perks to the Sacrifice Chloe ending. At least for Max, Chloe, or any of the other people they know.
Plus, the save Chloe ending was always one of the planned ones. Letting her die was something they came up with far into the game and it seems they went overboard with that idea so much that they couldn't even adequately explain how it worked.

Oh. Hey, Kate.
Going out for tea/coffee with Max/Chloe soon? Then to church tomorrow?

something bout max/chloe/kate all being best buds just makes me happy inside

Victoria is mean. Even though she is insecure, it is not forgivable to an extent.

Don't forget about Alice user.

Kate would NEVER debase herself with coffee

>still talking about this Tumblr meme game
Holy autism
What is there to discuss aside from waifufaggotry

pricefield + Kate as their best friend is amazing and leads to endless cute scenarios.

Max and Kate are getting tea, Chloe's getting coffee.

I swear it's like fucking clockwork.

>Still posting this meme
Holy autism
What is there to conclude aside from faggotry

>tumblr filename
Yes

Here's the attention (You) crave.

I 100% agree, it would be funny to see them drag kate to do bad stunts, cant wait for kates first break in
and you know theyll get her to dress up for halloween, bibles be damned

I wish we got to see the big Blackwell Halloween party.
Max and Chloe couple pirate costumes. Plus whatever everyone else dresses up as, Kate could dress herself and Alice like vampires.

Max is hardcore!

>Alice dressed like a vampire

She can finally drink the blood of her foes without pretense.

Damn right she is!

hey now

Things seems quiet right now. Maybe no one will notice us if we sneak away for a few minutes...

Then Kate walks by.

SBELLLLLLLLLLL

>promotes terrorism
topgeg
Keep fighting the good fight against this kind of degeneracy

Chloe is hardcore!

n-nooo...
this isn't happening!

Oh no, Kate, not again!

She's probably the one that took the picture and then said they looked cute and happy, altering the, to fact she was there.
Which made Max smile and Chloe blush before trying to salvage it and act smooth.

Why do Max's nosebleeds happen? Is it possible to believe that everything is in her head and she's suffering from some type of psychosis?

How uncomfy. Even though it happened in the game, one of the strengths of how the game handled tragic events was to give you enough to figure out something bad happened but without showing it.

Ironically, imagination was this game's biggest strength.

Rewinding too much harms her in some way. Like it makes her vision blur, her nosebleed, and she can even pass out.
Not something I would think she and Chloe would have to be scared about, or anything severe, but something to keep in mind if Max has to use her power.

>Is it possible to believe that everything is in her head and she's suffering from some type of psychosis?
In the world of Michel, anything is possible :^)

Why didn't Michel imagine a good ending then? :(

I wouldn't say imagination. I would say subtly, you don't need to know/think about the details but you get enough information for the sake of the story.
The same thing applies to Chloe and Rachel's relationship. We know little about what it was, but we can easily understand how close they are and what Chloe felt.
If you want to fill in the blanks then you can. But it's not necessary to understanding the story.

That's what I meant behind the memeing, though. I agree.

Reference to The Butterfly Effect, in which 'the assimilation of dozens of years' worth of new memories from the alternative timelines causes the protagonist brain damage and severe nosebleeds.'
But basically dontnod were just implying there was a physical limit to how much Max could use her powers, to allow certain plot points to unfold (head pain/visions by the train track, not being able to rewind or pause time long enough on the roof)

damn
thats comfy

Don't you just wish you were in love

No more nights for Chloe of being alone and pondering where someone she cares about is. Or if anyone even cares about her.
Now Chloe knows many people care about her and she gets to relax every night with Max's warmth, breathing, and scent comforting her.

I like this one. Also, kitty!

Is this 2d painted over 3d?

Not sure. Looks very similar to how some of the more detailed photographs from the game are.
So whatever the process for those were.
Sorry I don't have any more info or a source. I just saved it from last thread.

Oh, the sauce is negish on deviantart.
Looking at other images, I think it doesn't use 3d as a base after all.

Oh cool. Looking at their other stuff, no more LiS but some other nice pieces.

yes

Would you be friends with Victoria?

No.

>ywn have a nice quiet evening at home drinking with Victoria while she drunkenly confides all her fears and insecurities to you

Be honest. How many of you are here from /ksg/?

Why not?

I dislike anime.

I used to browse those threads back when they were on /v/. That game gave me similar feelings of loss after I completed it.

Victoria isn't nice and wouldn't be pleasant to be around.

youtube.com/watch?v=uLDtTaoRUPQ

How does he make these?

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Taylor is better.

Don't even know what that is

Reminder that there is a strong view here on /lisg/ that it is conceivable to believe that Alice is in fact a demon lord sent from a dark dimension and is to blame for all of Kate's troubles.

Her real intent is yet to be discovered. We can only speculate.

She would probably bully me.
because I look like Daniel

>there is a strong view here on /lisg/
I don't think one person is enough to qualify for a "strong view".

>there is a strong view here on /lisg/
One person's delusions don't count, user.
Offensively.

Why do you keep saying such mean things user?

What Max usually do on a Friday night?

Watch a Wes Anderson flick with Chloe and then have a hot bath while listening to hipster music

I just discovered there is a fan-made VN.

Is it good?

She scheman with Chloe.

All Wounds?

no is the answer

No, this one:

loveisstrange-vn.tumblr.com/post/142072569900/after-a-wild-journey-lasting-roughly-half-a-year