2016 Mustang GT v8 or 2011 Audi S5 v8?

2016 Mustang GT v8 or 2011 Audi S5 v8?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2KfMY96v_Gc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The audi is as fast as a V6 mustang from the same year on the straight line.

The 2016 Mustang is faster in both, track and straight line.

If you really like the Audi, go for a 2013 and up. The supercharged V6 has less problems and far more tuning potential.

The S5's V8 is certainly underpowered by modern standards, but I seriously doubt a V6 Stang would win.

A S5 cant keep up with a 4400 pound R/T charger. It would lose to a mustang

S5 is the turd Audi. Plus they can't turn. That is pathetic when a 2016 mustang can turn.

You don't even need to ask op just get the mustang. Audi is for cucks and good luck reselling them in the future. There's always somebody wanting a used mustang.

Show me a video of the 4.2 S5 losing to a V6 Mustang (stock-for-stock)

Waiting...

>S5 cant keep up with a 4400 pound R/T charger

Car and Driver:

_2008 Audi S5_
>0-60 in 4.8 sec
>1/4 mile in 13.4 seconds

_2015 Dodge Charger R/T_
>0-60 in 5.1 seconds
>1/4 mile in 13.6 seconds

You were saying?

Well it is not like you're going to be racing it so you might as well get the one that actually looks nice (Audi).

The S5 makes a great sporty GT car if you can afford to lease it or keep up with maintenance costs. The 5.0 Stang is a better driver's car and will be more fun to drive. It's all about what you're looking for in a car really. To call the S5 shit is just immature.

mustang

if you opt for the premium the interior will probably be just as nice as the german nonsense

Audi S5
>0 to 60 4.8 seconds
>1/4 mile 13.5 seconds

Mustang V6 2011
0 to 60 5.1 seconds
1/4 mile 13.7

Its a drivers race, and that's not acceptable for a car as expensive as this.
Plus the GT absolutly destroys the Audi on the straight line

GT
>0 to 60 4.4 seconds
>1/4 mile 12.7

Btfo. Audi is for losers. Go to your office job selling hair products loser.

>premium mustang interior
>probably just as nice as Audi

>literally the same guy who posted those stats
>lapping his own asshole

I'd say its nicer

>Plus the GT absolutly destroys the Audi on the straight line
I never had any objection that the GT is faster. My issue was with that second poster claiming that V6 Mustang is "just as fast in a straight line" and an Audi S5.

I repeat my challenge:
>post a video of a stock V6 stang beating an Audi S5

You can't be serious...

Call me when you quiet those squeaks and rattles.

Nobody races with those cars (Audi S5) so there is no video.
But those cars too dam close in the quarter mile, as I said before, it's a drivers race.
So yeah, the V6 Mustang is basically just as fast as an Audi S5.
I don't know if the S5 is
more capable of turning though.

Every interior squeaks and rattles over time, that's how life is.

>Every interior squeaks and rattles over time, that's how life is.
Except the Mustang is notorious for this. Don't deny.

Both are pleb tier reupholstered econocrap. Now kindly go fuck yourselves or eachother, nobody cares.

Audi cuck detected

Not him but I had an S197 GT for a while that didn't squeak or rattle anywhere. That said, I VASTLY prefer the A5/S5 interior over the S550's.

>Nobody races with those cars (Audi S5) so there is no video.
Hmm... I wonder why?!

>So yeah, the V6 Mustang is basically just as fast as an Audi S5.
Hah! Okay, I'll put it this way...
Post numbers from any credible auto journalists where a V6 Mustang ever beat the S5.
>SPOILER ALERT
It doesn't exist.

>Audi S5 interior
>pleb tier reupholstered econocrap
Other than just generally hating Audi, please tell me what your basis is for this.

>nohandbrake.html

>boyo doesn't realize Audi is just VW with the badge swapped out

Oh, I'm fully aware of this meme. I just don't let stupid things dissuade me from liking a nice car.

>Mfw the Passat literally has a better interior.

I own an Audi, I still think you're a cuck. The interior is moderate at best. You chose a colorscheme only a fuccboi could appreciate. The cheap molded plastic around the cupholder, the spray painted silver gauage bezel. Kill me now.

I suppose Chevy is retarded as well for moving the Camaro to this setup?

>I had an S197 GT for a while that didn't squeak or rattle anywhere.
Fair enough, but you're probably the exception. Too many owners complain about it.

Yes? Are you fucking dumb? If you want a soulless transportation shell just buy a fucking Prius.

The main thing VAG has going for it is the utilitarian nature of their interiors.

I drive a 2013 Beetle and it is so nice to have a bare bones set up.

How does it feel that the new Camaro completely shits on your precious 5.0 Mustang in every performance category?

>Implying the charger wouldn't pull in a ½ mile

I have a S197 like
And it doesn't squeak or rattle at all, you just need to take care of your interior but yeah, Mustangs are notorious because of that.

I didn't say that it beats it, i said that they are too close and that because of that, a V6 Mustang can be considered just as fast.

Mustang V6 Motortrend
>0 to 60 5.1
>1/4 mile 13.7

Audi S5 Motortrend
0 to 60 5.0
1/4 mile 13.6

Audi S5 2011 7 speed automatic coupe Car And Driver
0 to 60 4.7
1/4 13.4

How am I a cuck for defending a car that I like? Doesn't matter what brand it is, I'll defend any car that I think is good.

I'd agree, however this guy is trying to make the point that the Audi has a nice interior. It has a decent interior that does what it has to; it's certainly nothing to brag about.

I think a lot of modern interiors are lacking though on these types of cars. Like the designers drank too much of the 'simplicity is the best design practice' Koolaide. Been in a Volvo C30 lately? That shit is literally a padded cell, all you need is a straight jacket to match.

>"Sir... Umm, the Charger lost."
>"FUCK. Extend the runway a.s.a.p.!!!
Nice of you to completely ignore my stats and move the goalposts.

No no don't get me wrong I don't like the "EPIC SIMPLICITY" meme that companies like Volvo, Citroen, Peugeot, and Dodge have been going for.

I like how VAG and unusually FIAT (only model we have in the US is the 500) give you everything you need in a clean, aesthetically pleasing package. No frills, just clean cut design.

You're not a cuck for defending your opinion. You're a cuck for trying to shit on other cars when the interior of your heralded car is worse than that of your manufacturer's economy brand.

What? That Passat?!

I don't see what is better about that interior. I guess you're a fan of wood trim?

What's wrong with this? It's intuitive and comfortable to use.
Do you really want to be in button hell?

Forgot pic

>doesn't squeak or rattle at all, you just need to take care of your interior
>implying squeaks and rattles are a result of owner neglect and not build quality + use of cheap materials

Don't post cars with red seats. Don't you know that's "fuccboi" behavior?

That is pretty good actually, I guess FIAT is really calling the shots now.

The last dodge I was in was a 2009 and it was literally trash.

Pic related:

It's not the trim. The boy racer seats and lack of finer materials such as aluminum over plastic in every possible place kills this interior for me. I would expect that in a camry, but we're talking about a car that MSRP'd $53k minimum.

>The supercharged V6 has less problems and far more tuning potential.

It hits a wall pretty damn quick, 4.0T is a contender for GOAT Audi engine along with the 2.2 20V.

For a driver/enthusiast:
Mustang > Audi

GT is lighter, Coyote makes 100HP more stock, Mustang is cheaper to maintain and modify.

>The boy racer seats
It's a car with sporting intentions. If that bothers you, get an A5.

>supercharged V6
>hits a wall pretty damn quick
Guess you haven't heard about the huge potential of these? They reach RS4/RS5 territory with a simple tune.

Would go with gt personally. Fun DD and good platform for other stuff.

>sporting intentions
We're talking about a 4,300lb car here, that's the same as a Nissan Xterra.

Ferrari called, apparently you don't have to give up class to be fast.

>Ferrari
>Class
Ferrari is the epitome of "I HAVE A SHITTON OF MONEY THAT'S PROBABLY MY DAD'S, KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CARS BUT STILL WANT ATTENTION"

> Guess you haven't heard about the huge potential of these? They reach RS4/RS5 territory with a simple tune.

0/10

$2000 for a tune & pulley, then it will overheat and you will need to spend just as much on oil coolers and radiator.

Or are you talking about the TVS1740 supercharger upgrade for $14K that nobody has figured out how to keep IATs cooler than the surface of the sun?

3.0T has a practical limit and its not a lot better than stock.

I would argue it at least takes a little interest in automobiles to buy a Ferrari. It only takes, "I just got a raise at work, time for a new soccer-mom mobile" to get into an Audi from someone with zero interest.

Your statement matches FR-S owners more for me.

A lot of the squeaks and rattles are a result of owners neglecting over time, like not putting sun shades so that the dashboard doesn't crack or overheats, or people driving through bumps too fast or driving trough potholes and other imperfection.

Build quality is also a factor though, but its not 100% the problem.

The FR-S is cheap and fun, basically the opposite of Ferraris. If you want expensive (still cheap, relatively speaking) and fun then look at Porsche.

I understand that, I'm talking about the people that I've run into who've purchased them.

All I did was tell you why the seats look like that. The intention was for it to be a more performance-oriented A5, thus, those kind of seats were used. Whether or not the S5 performs as well as it looks is not relevant to the seat discussion.

youtube.com/watch?v=2KfMY96v_Gc

Enjoy.

Alfa Romeo Giulia

>We're talking about a 4,300lb car here
3,858 would be the correct number, sir.

Heavy car? Certainly. Your number was wildly off the mark however. Stop spreading that nonsense.

>A lot of the squeaks and rattles are a result of owners neglecting over time
Then why is there no shortage of '15-16 Mustang owners bitching about squeaks and rattles? That fact that you've had a good run of luck doesn't nullify build quality issues that many other owners are undeniably dealing with.

>spreading misinformation
I don't recall OP stating what options he/she was considering. That's the possible weight of the car. Deal with it.

that was hard

You literally picked the heaviest configuration possible to serve your retarded crusade against Audi. The only S5 that even breaks 4,000 lbs is the convertible. You're pathetic.

no, its actually quite flimsy

kek

>I don't recall OP stating what options he/she was considering
Okay. So let's just pick the most unlikely situation where he'd be all over that convertible, right? The picture he posted is a coupe, but let's just ignore that. Weeeew.

>look, fiberglass flexes when you poke the fuck out of it

who cares

Thin fiberglass does.
I shouldn't have to say that the thick stuff boats are made of doesn't.

>Audi cucks this assmad
I have to be on a crusade to not agree that this pigfat S5 is the best car of all time? Wew lad.

OP if you don't want people guessing at your configuration, be more specific. It makes more sense to take worst case into account than to assume a perfect world.

I assume you thought this post would go differently, seeing as you weren't ever honestly considering the Mustang. Go back to Audizine if you want a hug box.

>Not building a sick k20 swap civic instead
It'd be faster, more fuel efficient, cooler and women will like it better.

>I have to be on a crusade to not agree that this pigfat S5 is the best car of all time?
Hey man... Just following your lead by speaking in absolutes. Because I'm an "Audi cuck" for defending a car I like.

>OP if you don't want people guessing at your configuration, be more specific.
It's not OP's problem. The most likely configuration for someone on Veeky Forums would be a manual coupe. It's not that complicated.

>It makes more sense to take worst case into account
If you're trying desperately to convince people an S5 is as heavy as a Nissan Xterra, sure.

Don't poke at the back of your car for no reason if it bothers you? It's not like one has to poke at the back of their car during normal operation and it's not like the flexibility hurts anything at all.

>cooler and women will like it better.

S5 is a gentlemens car. The mustang is a plastic boy racer

>Audi cucks this assmad
Sad when your embarrassing points get picked apart and have to resort to childish internet vocabulary, isn't it? Then blaming OP for your failures. Ouch!

>I prefer my cars to be twice as expensive and three times more costly to repair

>S5 is a gentlemens car.

>slightly thicker and better quality fiberglass will make cars twice as expensive and 3 times as costly to repair

S5 is a very handsome GT coupe. I would describe the Mustang more as a crude performance bargain than "boy racer."

>I prefer this plastic, gaudy piece of shit that loses to a camaro in all regards
Audi has better build quality, better looks, better interior, better v8. It's a better daily.

I agree, the s5 is definitely a great GT car. It doesn't scream at you but when you want to rev it out to 8,000 it will do graciously and with a roaring symphony to back it up.
I dislike the GT because the camaro SS owns it in everything besides "street comfort"

name another 505hp car that weight 3200lbs stock

But it's true, my mom and aunt said my stanced civic was cooler than our neighbors c7 stingray

I agree with everything except
>better V8

That 4.2 is super sexy but unfortunately has some well-known problems. It's also underpowered for how much the S5 weighs.

That 5.0 is a great engine. We'll see how it holds up through the years.

name me another argument that isn't your retarded ass grasping at straws

the rear bumper has shit-tier build quality, deal with it

Reliability is definitely the s5s bane but overall, the package you get is deserving of extra love and care. (Subjective) And yeah the coyote isn't bad. They're both peaky, high end engines and the coyote seems to be reliable

>someone makes a 500hp that's cheap to own and cheap to maintain yet spanks cars 2-3x its price
>you get mad it's not a boutique on wheels

>maybe GM should should stop cutting corners and build cars correctly
>"NO THATS SUCH A STUPID IDEA, THAT WOULD BE TOO EXPENSIVE"

damn, what a retard

also

>spanks cars 2-3x its price
when its not dropping valves because >lol GM build quality

Nice memes pal. And gj on regurgitating that frivolous lawsuit about the ls7.
And regardless, it's a cheap fix... it's not a carbon fiber bonnet that requires $10,000 in special snowflake tax

>n-no that lawsuit doesn't count
right

>it's a cheap fix
and it would be just as cheap and easy if it were a couple of milimiters thicker

Unless it causes problems, few would care. What is the purpose of this part? Does it work in that role?

>still trying after being BTFO

a thicker fiberglass bumper won't increase the cost to fix and to manufacture, keep drinking that GM damage control

>a hundred boomers mad they had problems within the break in period
>not frivolous
>it never actually went through

Anything else you wanna cling on?
No one says the corvette is what it isn't. A bargain sports car

Anyone have legit numbers on how much it costs to do that timing chain job on Audi's 4.2? Any Audi mechanics out there?

>>it never actually went through
just like 90% of faulty ignition switch with cobalts and cruzes, right

I bet those were frivolous too

>No one says the corvette is what it isn't. A bargain sports car
thats cool, a thicker rear bumper won't increase the cost to fix and manufacture by a factor of 2-3 times

thats GM cost cutting at it's finest