>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.moe/forum/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo
rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=mega-anime-avatar-creator
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for Space 'Nam

youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo

That AI was great, actually did what I asked.
Poor chef though, had to pay the price for my fun.

hug the vox race tolerance now

>tfw no brown trapfu

Remove name rule.

NTSL is a bit much. Everybody's systems are different so it's not like you can copy paste and experience beyond select all-delete-save-compile-execute signal process off is necessary.

Telcomms is treated as such eldritch wizardry that they don't even fug with it anymore. When telcomms was frying every round it was a pretty sad showing from the whole playerbase at fixing it.

Don't get sassy. It was a multi for years and we're the only autismos that fucked with it for no reason because the shit coders are fucking shit and has to desperately reach for reasons to justify the soldering iron's existence.

It's pretty clear he blew it on purpose. don't be a line toeing retard and you wont get fucked up.

It's been the solder for a year, tgfag

Go cry some more about how you can't climb tables on this server because everything should be like the server you just got banned from

One time I stopped by virology and the virologist handed me a paper cup and told me to drink it and ten minutes later weird bugs were just spewing outta me.

I've been Veeky Forums only for over 5 years.

don't defend Veeky Forums

our codebase is fucking shit. everything is spaghetti and there is so much oldcode from bay 2.0 it's almost all garbage.

Interspecies relationships when.
make love, not war

when you code horse cocks

Already on it.

muh disabler beams ree

So this is about what puts the final nail in Hippie

>circular saw on crotch
>drops a horse cock
>can be used as a 15 brute damage weapon

Why don't we have dakis again? I want a nuke daki so I can shove my nuke disk into it.

They're cute things to get when you autism

Yes
But when?

>reading and laughing through story about a retard antag that did everyone wrong like a dumb fuck and then died like a pussy
>realized mid through it's talking about me

H-haha funny r-right

How do I get better at antag if I only get it once a week and it's vox raiders?

Improve in spess at a wide variety of fields, learn how other players do what they do when they are antagonists, know what you want to do.

post character medical/employee/security records

We don't have them because vivianchan coders were the ones to develop them and muh Veeky Forumspride is still heavily prevelent in our own coding circles

Never do abnormal shit in your own clothes and id because that gets people crawling up your ass.

Know the silicon lawsets and how they relate to you. Specifically the part where serve is above protect so you could have just use a non-common channel to have my attention and even ordered murder of everyone shittier than you.

Practice door hacking until you can do it in your sleep.

How did you even get that christmas tree in there? We were head scratching that one

We have daki's they're bus only and admins can shove any icon on them by replacing the existing.

Seriously though, you just had to ask out to void the arrest order that was even made over common. You hadn't even been harmful so you wouldn't have had to put up with passive aggressive red light green light at every door.

It's mostly the shakes and downright anxiety I get whenever I have to be antag I think I'm robust enough to fight back when I get initiated on but when I'm the one killing I just fuck up everything

"MISSION SPECIFICATIONS DECRYPTED" makes my body freeze in place for a few seconds even though I want it so bad every round

The tree was bussed in since I shocked myself and it made me go into a pain coma and prayed to get taken out of my misery so I could log off and forget about that terrible round forever

Just play a lot of security so you can get robust, you'll be in enough crazy situations to get the hang of it.

Eh, spend more time as an officer. you'll get the shakes out of the way and it'll just be another day in the life.

Medical records are height/weight before and after getting mechanical legs. Also date of injury causing the swap.

Security is first and only arrest on station, drunken assault I think.

Never did employment

Oh man I really missed out. I need to start adding sec and medical records. See how many I get by 2017

I don't feel unrobust or intimidated when I'm fighting as a non-antag, in fact I'm often the first one head on into danger when I'm fighting baddies, it's more of a psychological fear when I'm doing illegal shit

I play officer sometimes, I am a regular at detective and I'm very often Hopcurity since I get to be the only head/no security in the station

Any detective tips? Who's the best detectives to learn from, can I observe you?

Eh, just don't worry about it. Disguise yourself so even if you're spotted it's fucking nothing. Know camera coverage and good hiding spots and be equipped to throw down with a borg if you harm anything and sec.

Wait I minute...I know that medical record!

WHOOOOO

i used a pre-made from polaris with a buncha random shit on it

all i actually entered was prosthetics and postmortem instructions + height/weight/eyes etc

Speaking of which, how tall is your spessman/mens, spessmen?

Mine's 5'6" and 120 pounds

Reica carter!

Are bans account based or IP based?

This one dude that got banned keeps making alts and logging back in every subsequent round

I'm not Reica, nice try though

ahelp that

It can be account based, IP based and even hardware ID based, all of which can be bypassed by creating a new account under a proxy in a virtual machine.

Theyre tied to a CID and IP, but you can spoof them with VM and new accounts easily.

>"MISSION SPECIFICATIONS DECRYPTED" makes my body freeze in place for a few seconds even though I want it so bad every round
>shakes and downright anxiety

You're literally me. I crave rolling antag every round when I get the power to fuck shit up, but on rounds when I actually roll it I jump the gun or spend the whole round almost silent and accomplish nothing.

Literally 99% of the time when I'm DA or a Traitor with a kill objective I just try to survive to the end of the round and maybe set up the occasional welderbomb hoping my target dies in the chaos caused by other antags or the perils of space.

Treat Detective like real life police, you could maybe start playing Officer first so you get front line experience and more robust since Detective is a rank higher in police departments and should be more knowledgeable about fighting, usual murder weapons or hidings spots and the else.

The wiki does a good job of covering everything I would say really

Shit really? I could have sworn they had the weight/height before and after leg transplants

I know you, you are the biomech engineer with pink hair, here's your (You)

so someone just needs to load up a proxy on a VM and never need to do it again?

I do, but I have an employment record not a security record to accompany it

They might be too, but I am not them

2nd wrong guess

If the server uses sticky bans they need to do it again after each ban. There's really no way to stop it other than using whitelisting or hoping the kid eventually gets tired.

I mean they only need to sign up on a VM and they don't need to play on the VM

Eventually.

It's a very big and ambitious project being developed by a very tiny team.

If Railfist was an autist like exadv1 with all the freetime in the world, in a year and a half we'd have something like the very first SS13 builds. Protip: those sucked. He's aiming higher, but not as high as r4407.

No they need to play under the VM.

Just do shit. Anything that antagonizes the round. Kill, steal, sabotage, subvert, frame, impersonate, poison, what the fuggle ever.

Hiding spots have gotten really retarded lately. It makes me want to hire a guy who's sole job is to just look for shit while I run prints and jerk off.

Trait system when WHEN

>really retarded
Like what? This round I've just got my shit stored on the Research Station. Is that hard to find?

Explain

Someone hides a head and it's pretty much gone

Literally throw it into space.

When you code it
or better yet just play on a different server and stop making these stupid fucking requests to use all the time. Coding is a hobby I don't owe you anything

>Can pick most positive and negative genetic mutations for roundstart in character customization
>Negative ones give points while positive take points
>Xray/hulk/cryo etc can't be accessed

Some people aren't total cocks and at least give the dead a tiny chance of making it back.

It's like you don't even have a hardsuit to search for the dead everywhere. Throwing into space IS giving them a chance.

:^) I could always just drill or incinerate them.

>centcomm wouldnt send the captain to bomb them

>crew of NT station tasked with a research report
>load up a suicide bomber
typical

Science is pretty chill, but I feel like it lacks a lot of stuff to do once ya end research. What do you guys usually do to pass the time as science?

i was not meant to be sassy, i was just playing telling him to try it.

It is now. Space is too large now for jetpack skimming and the vaults existing mean a decent chance of them getting hung up on a syndieship somewhater

Telesci, toxins, misc research, xenoarch, xenobio, make a medbay in escape for when medbay gets bombed.

byond://174.67.194.124:1776

At least you could see sec and some doors.

All I could see were walls.

Depends on what you like
There's the xenosciences (xenobot, xenoarch, xenobio), alternatively you could go do math autism in toxins, or fuck around stealing shit with telesci/set up your own medbay/etc. You've got an entire box of toys, experiment, play around with them, not to mention you generally get showered in building supplies by miners.

reminds me
>comfy lowpop
>be miner and find mask
>put in on since I'm going to explore space after mining anyway
>deliver materials
>yred is the only guy in science
>waiting for the ripley I asked for earlier to be assembled
>yred is taking a really long time
>he actually was taking the time to ahelp if he can valid me before running to get an autoinjector and filling it with chloral
>injects me
>strips suit, beheads me, spaces everything

if a non antag doesn't want you to come back, I dont see how an antag would give you a chance of coming back.

not yred but

>putting on the mask
>expecting folks not to kill you for doing it
>especially expecting medbay vets like yred to not kill you over it

he doesn't like mask wearers

Why would someone behead a man, before throwing him into space?

it would have randomly killed you in space though

Well as an antag, you're partially responsible for the fun in everyone's round. I prefer just leaving the corpse accessible over beheading but if say, you want to stash a fat stack of heads as your bail gambit in case you fuck up then that's that.

>Facehuggers now appear on a higher plane. Enlightened beware.
??????

I usually just stuff bodies into places nobody looks for them. SSUs and shit mostly, nobody ever thinks to look for anything in those.

If someone seriously gets found in one, then I guess they deserve to come back and wallop me over the head. I don't like taking people out of the round.

Ideally they won't get hidden under shit now.

well it was low pop with hardly anyone around anyway, yred was practically the only person outside of cargo that I saw before dying. Now I know I can freely kill and loot and mask wearers with zero repercussions though.

does it really?

Post your non antag gimmick

I barricade chemistry and only make bottles of chems

Being as dumb and oblivious to everything as possible.

i do my job and try to help people

>Now I know I can freely kill and loot and mask wearers with zero repercussions though.
Yes, do it.
The mask doesn't harm the wearer directly.

I've been gone for about a month. Is Sawbones still an admin? Anything else new?

I played traitor changeling for the first time.
I wish I could have made the experience a bit more interesting for everyone.

Yes
No

>Shitter Juice

Third world station with poop mechanics and a designated shitting hallway when

I want to fucking kill you. I hate you. I have never even seen you but I hate you.

it wouldn't be so bad if people could drink from the chemmaster bottles

Create your character!

rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=mega-anime-avatar-creator

I'm the chemist, suck it up.

>He doesn't carry a coffee cup to crush pills in and drink from bottles

already did, fuckboy

>chemist shitters thinking anyone cares what they think
>chemist shitters thinking that MD/CMOs won't hesitate to throw them out disposals with no ID if they act like twats
>chemist shitters in general

your next post will be 'n-no I'll chloral you!!!'