/hg/ - Halo General

Vroom Vroom Edition

>Current Content Update:
- Warzone Firefight (available on 6 maps)
- Campaign Score Attack
- 1 new arena map
- 1 new warzone map
- 1 new warzone assault map
- 1 new forge canvas
- New bosses, including the Grunt Goblin
- New reqs, including the UNSC wasp vehicle and the Halo 2 Beam Rifle
- Req items available in forge
- 5 new campaign score attack achievements
- 3 new warzone firefight achievements

>Anvil's Legacy due out September 8th. Includes new maps, reqs, and a custom file browser. Launching alongside Windows 10 Forge
Official Information: halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/announcing-anvil-s-legacy
B-Roll trailer: youtu.be/A8fSC9jlVEM

>Playable Halo Warthog in Forza Horizon 3
youtube.com/watch?v=H6xx5e-UU88

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc.
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/anvil-s-legacy-preview

>Spartan Companies:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com
Watch the threads for occasional party squads

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>The third /hg/tage is out!
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g

>Canon Halo Works
mega.nz/#F!OFFSkSrb!6P9FqreveGbbwh_No1qHZA

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sh3KQb9dU4c
youtube.com/watch?v=fofX-OITWMw
xboxdvr.com/gamer/Chaosdroid 2/video/21117867
xboxdvr.com/gamer/Chaosdroid 2/video/21117866
xboxdvr.com/gamer/Chaosdroid 2/video/21075686
youtube.com/watch?v=m2k6sk4MSuk
teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-5146#entry829322
youtube.com/watch?v=0rNGK5UrBoI
youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not trying to be negative here because I love halo 5 and I have loved each free content drop since release, but this needs to be addressed. Most of that awesome free content that we have received should have been in the game at launch. People love to say how awesome it is that 343 gave us a huge new mode for free with firefight, but honestly firefight was a feature of every halo game made by Bungie after 3 and even halo 4 had a coop mode called Spartan ops. Spartan ops was also added for free after release and it didn't cost any req packs to give it to us for free.
All that nonsense about free updates being funded by REQ packs was just a good PR move to make micro-transactions acceptable in halo and make us feel like we are getting a lot of free stuff. Now I'm not saying that ALL of the post launch content should have been in the game at launch or just been free without req packs (I'm not that entitled). However, I'm not blind to the fact that 343 shipped a game missing a lot of features that were staples of halo for a long time. Grifball, assault, firefight, infection, forge, and big team battle were all major parts of those huge updates, and I don't understand why everyone praises 343 for giving us what we always had for "free." I mean it's been almost a year and we still don't have race as a gametype.
In addition, we are about to get our first free content drop that wasn't already planned before release. They had the dlc roadmap already planned out before the launch of the game (before any REQs could have even been sold). So really this next dlc is the first one that REQs paid for. Up until this point, they have been just fixing a game that was shipped too early to meet deadlines.
Anyway, like I said I'm not trying to say 343 is the worst and halo 5 is a piece of shit. I'm just saying that I think we are giving 343 too much credit for the post launch support being free.

Definitely gonna buy it but it's a shame it's release is so close to GoW4.

TLDR; Halo 5 was shipped too early and they covered it up by giving us free updates "paid for by REQs"

You are currently browsing /hg/ thread #214.
The featured map is "Alpine"

>Previous threads since numbering began:
#213 - The Halo Cycle #212 - Reach #211 - Fuck Veggies #210 - Personal Hell #209 - Place Your Bets #208 - Graphs and Ratings
#207 - More DLC
#206 - 10,000 Hours in MS Paint
#205 - Energy Sword > Gravity Hammer
#204 - Gravity Hammer > Energy Sword
#203 - One General One Company One People
#202 - Achievement Unlocked
#201 - Facebook Steals Our Memes
#200 - Milestone
#199 - Free For All
#198 - Under Cover of Night
#197 - Prepare to Drop
#196 - Hexagons are Real
#195 - Spartans Never Die
#194 - Halo 4 is Technically a Halo Game
#193 - Never Trust a Hinge Head
#192 - In Remembrance of the Beta
#191 - Were It So Easy
#190 - Master Chief's Bizzare Adventure
#189 - Arby Had a Hard Life
#188 - RIP Jul
#187 - Smart A.I. was a Mistake
#186 - Our True Cause
#185 - Black Undersuit
#184 - Heretic Hunt
#183 - Master Chef
#182 - Take the Cruiser Back
#181 - What Were They Thinking
#180 - What About That Stupid Cloak
#179 - Parasite's Cove
#178 - We Numbered Now

Cool thread

I agree that most if not all of the REQs were already made and they just saved them for the updates but i genuinely believe the Forge stuff was made post-launch.

Is this the worst forge canvas of all time?
It brought us both Pegasus AND Horizon

THE /HG/TAGE: BUNGIE EDITION is currently accepting clips from now until September 30th. If anyone has a capture card and wants to help other anons get their Halo 3 clips in then post in the thread or send me a message on waypoint so we can set it up. My capture card is working but my laptop is having issues during the recording. The clips that are submitted must be from the following games.
>Halo: Combat Evolved/Anniversary/SPV3
>Halo 2/Vista
>Halo 3
>Halo 3: ODST/Firefight
>Halo Wars
>Halo: Reach
>Halo: The Master Chief Collection (excluding Halo 4/Spartan Ops)
Use the past community’tages as a reference on what to submit. I’ll be looking for casual and competitive clips in the multiplayer and campaign. To submit a clip, either post the xboxdvr/thehostyouuse link in the thread or send it as a message to "Sweaty Towels" on Halo waypoint.
youtube.com/watch?v=sh3KQb9dU4c
youtube.com/watch?v=fofX-OITWMw

If you have any questions post them in reply to me or message me on waypoint.
DO YOUR DUTY AND SUBMIT YOUR CLIPS

If you mean because of the official playlist maps built on it then yes. If you mean for Forge purposes then hell no, go fuck a duck.

I have found out where a prominent /hg/ user lives. I have been monitoring them for some time now, i know their daily routines.

In a short while i am going to strike up a conversation with them, they will be entirely clueless that i know who they are and they will never see me coming. I will eliminate them just because i can..

Lets see if /hg/ can guess who will be dropping off the radar. If you want to save them, you better work out who it is fast, the clock is ticking.

Something about this one just looks ugly to me

I enjoyed breaking into it in the beta (it was super unfinished) but that's about it. Pretty much every other canvas is better for forging.

Rabbit?

Well let's see...
>Orion
>Pegasus
>Basin
>Guillotine
>Deadlock
>"Valhalla"
Not a single good map has come out of it so far.
All the other canvases have contributed with good maps, even glacier.

Here's Jking getting spooked
xboxdvr.com/gamer/Chaosdroid 2/video/21117867
two dummies driving off a cliff
xboxdvr.com/gamer/Chaosdroid 2/video/21117866
and the ghost of Sergeant Johnson before he died
xboxdvr.com/gamer/Chaosdroid 2/video/21075686

There's no good parallax maps either

What's the matter with Guillotine?

Is The Act Man our guy /hg/?

>Basin
>Guillotine
>Deadlock
>not good
Leave immediatly. NOW

Fuck you m8

>What's the matter with Guillotine
It looked better 12 years ago

Better than LateNight thats for sure.

Holy fucking shit

Hasn't it since been updated with the improved forge graphics pallate?

>it looked better 12 years ago
>posts the best looking version from 5 years ago

>Comparing dev maps with pre-release forge maps
Compelling argument right there my friend.

Deadlock was the only updated map.

better =/= best
nignog

Both Headlong and it's Anniversary remake look better than the toybox that is Guillotine

Can someone post a link to /hg/ island?

guillotine is out and playable and still looks that garbage user

No, it's deleted forever.

>pre-release forge maps
user, it still looks like that.

There's another city map that's in the big team battle rotation. It has a road that goes around the whole map. It looks much nicer than Guillotine.

I don't know if it was forged in Alpine though.

RIP IN PEACE SWEET PRINCE

Ignore this guy.
Hect0rlo will post a link here eventually.

It was made pre-release, by an inexperienced user and in a couple of hours. It would look miles better if the cartographer who made it wasn't a lazy fuck.

/hg/ weeb racing soon!

As far as the Halo 5 forge canvases go, it's:
Tidal > Glacier > Breakout Arena > Parallax > Alpine

Hectorlo is dead too, RIP you beautiful korean bastard.

>Parallax that low
What the hell is wrong you?

>dashboard says 3 friends are playing Halo 5
>friends list says nobody is
Which do I believe?

You know, by counting an entire forge canvas as a map, you're really limiting the number of maps you have to use for numbering the threads.
You already did this twice before with Forge World and Erosion.
Each forge canvas has multiple maps featured in matchmaking.

What I'm saying is "Alpine" shouldn't count as a featured map. Instead, all of its variants (Basin, Guillotine, Pegasus, etc.) should each be featured once.

Name one good map in rotation to come out of parallax.
I'll wait.

If we did that, half the Halo Reach featured maps would be forge world varients.

Never mind, i thought you were talking about Forge canvases in general.

That would result in too many forge map featured threads.
If we run out, we can start found firefight maps or campaign missions

>tries to defend indicidual forge maps
>posts Deadlock
Wew lad

...or Halo Wars maps.

OR Spartan Assault maps

OR OR Halo Online Maps

OR OR OR Custom Edition maps

OR OR OR OR Spartan Strike maps

Best idea to come out of these threads desu

OR OR OR OR OR Board Game maps

When Forge PC comes out, does anybody fancy trying to recreate some of Halo Online's maps for Halo 5? I think some of them had at least some potential.

>custom game browser

Sure I'd be down. Granted there's only 2 original maps and 2 re imaginings (Diamondback/Avalanche and Icebox/Turf).

So given that the popular trend among FPS now is combining MOBA elements like special abilities and character classes/unique characters, how are coping with the fact that Halo 6 WILL have playable Elites back, but also Prometheans, Spartan II, Brutes, and maybe even Flood?

Frankie making mistakes as always, don't look too deep into that, he meant "File Browser".

I don't recall the names of the maps, but there was the Forerunner-themed map with the bottomless pit in the middle, and the UNSC base-themed map with the reactor in the middle. I recall having some fun on both, and if I can rip the raw map geometry from Halo Online and reference it in a 3D modelling program it probably wouldn't be too hard to make a 1:1 replica.

There was edge which I posted a picture of here and then there was Reactor which was really sweet looking with UNSC Aegis Fate chilling out above the map and the pelicans flying around.
Then there's Diamondback and Icebox which were bigger versions of Avalanche and Turf, and the rest where Halo 3 maps like High Ground, The Pit, Narrows, Zanzibar, Standoff, Guardian, Valhalla, and Sandtrap.

>were bigger versions of Avalanche and Tur
Really? I never noticed the size increase, to be honest.

What a shitty map.

teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-5146#entry829322

Based on what faggotlord?

>"To be clear, it's a new feature that will provide similar functionality to a custom game browser, extending the existing file browser. It's something we've wanted to build for years and managed to get done as part of our ongoing support for the game.
We'll be talking in more detail as we near release, but yeah it's pretty megaton for Halo and will be a great addition on both PC and console. "

I don't care what anyone says, i'll legit love 343 forever if they actually add a custom games browser.

>and console
So xbone will get it to?

Apparently yeah, i wonder what he means with "similar" though.

>the reason Halo Wars 2 elites look good is because Blur is jusr reusing the models from H2A cutscenes
>you can even see Michelle Rodriguez marine model from the beginning of metropolis at the start of the HW2 trailer

Kind of ruins the magic desu :(

Based on good map design.

Forge needs ai so we can td customs.

>Gaylo 5 gets a custom game browser befire MCC, a game that was literally built for it
JUST

WZA gameplay on the new map Temple.
youtube.com/watch?v=0rNGK5UrBoI

Pray for Halo 3 Anniversary to be a re-launch of MCC on PC

>that silenced pistol noise
fuck yes

Fuck this week can't go fast enough

I hope they do more free weeks.

>Pray for Halo 3 Anniversary to be a re-launch of MCC
I've been praying over a year for this
>on PC
No thanks. What's the point in lining up shots if I can just click my mouse over someone.
Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with MCC coming to Windows 10, but if they're going to relaunch it, they need to do it for console first and foremost.

>excited for more pay2winzone
So this is what it's come to

Do you guys honestly think they're gonna make a Halo 3 anniversary?

After Doom, they must have made extra sure they got someone who has actually played a video game before to record gameplay.

>Do you guys honestly think they're gonna make a Halo 3 anniversary?
I'm 60% sure that's what they're doing

I have a strong feeling in my gut that's what they're doing

console and W10 obviously, with crossplay co-op and customs but matchmaking is segregated obv

Why not?

Probably a large map/armor expansion for 5, but I don't think they're going to do a campaign remaster.

What happened with Doom?

>pay2winzone
git gud scrub

No but i would love if they did. Halo CE-2 were a must because they were from the pre-HD gen and all that stuff but Halo 3 was already released on that gen so a "remake/remaster" is not really necessary and in my opinion, it's very unlikely. I hope i'm wrong though.

Halo 3 was not an HD game. It ran at sub 720p resolution.

>the gunfighter magnum fires faster

>After Doom
Elaborate

Well you know what i mean, there's a significant gap between the original Xbox and the 360.

>yfw you realize H3A will just be the Halo 5 engine without abilities the same way H2A was the 4 engine without loadouts and HA was just maps for Reach

If it were released by itself unlike MCC I'd be down. As long as they redid everything similar to H2A with blur doing cinematics and outsourcing the graphical overlay on top of the old engine again instead of 343 doing anything with it then yes.

Assault has least amount of pay2win of the warzone modes.

No. Halo 3 and ODST were already released on the One in HD and 60fps. Since they're basically current-gen, it will not happen.

Yes.
My honest opinion is that they've put the breaks on the future of the main franchise until they can reassess what they are doing wrong and maybe even semi-start over.

Halo 3 Anniversary is something they can easily do with the time they have. MCC is already there. They just have to address it, refurbish it, and Polish it. Then they can have some other studio throw a graphics layer on the Halo 3 campaign.

youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE

Then what will be their halo game for 2017?
>well Halo Wars 2 duh
no, thats was planned for 2016 but delayed. MS wont allow a year to slip by with no Halo isntallment of any sort

Absolutely.
The only question is if it's a standalone or an add on to the MCC.
The latter is preferable. Perhaps fixing up MCC and throwing H3A on it and releasing an updated version as a bundled in game with the Scorpio. That would be a cheap way (since MCC is already done) to pack a game in with the new console.

They won't have one. They might release some modified or forged Halo 3 maps for 5. They're probably focusing all of their resources on Halo 6.

>pcgamer_playing_on_console.mp4