Where were you when Cadillac got woke

Definitely putting the most effort/budget into R&D than any other luxury brand. Their cars are super competitive in every marque now. Would you buy one? If not what else do they need to change to win your shekels?

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2016/02/15/news/russia-luxury-cars-sales/
youtube.com/watch?v=WrnU_1gRFkI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wouldn't buy a modern car. An old Alpina 7 series or AMG S class would be much more interesting to me.
>inb4 hurr poor
A well maintained Alpina costs more than the Caddy. As does the S (in maintenance).

Ok but this won't always be true. Think ten years down the road. Old Cadillacs aren't really very good anymore today, but the ones being made new today seem to have a lot more staying power. To be around though they have to sell now.

>Old Cadillacs aren't really very good anymore today

That's why I didn't mention them.

I may never buy a new car, but i sure as hell py attention to what is being built today. Don't you?

What? Yeah, I see what they make today; any manufacturer. Mostly shit I don't care about.

What's that got to do with anything? It's a personal opinion.

>Their cars are super competitive in every marque now
They don't sell shit though

They are still overpriced in the eyes of most consumers. They made one pretty decent generation of cars and now they think they can compete with MB and BMW in their price range, which they can't.

Also I will never forgive them for no LT1 in the ATS-V, what the fuck is that shit?

>tfw want Elmiraj
>the only thing closest to it is the ATS coupe

God, the ATS is so bland.

Ive got one a 2.0t ATS sedan, shits dope. I def woudlnt buy one new as they depreciate like a rock, but you can pick up a 2013/2014 for 18k now days. I would say they are definitely better than the modern bmws 3 series as far as driving but the interior and refinement overall is still lacking.

The ats-v and cts-v are real performance cars though, unfortunately cadillac is just fucking up as far as their target demographic. They really should have made some """"performance""""cuvs before these cars if they wanted to be competitive.

I would totally buy one if it was an EV and surpassed the Model S in every category.

How does Tesla manage to wreck a 100+ year old industry?

Its the apple generation yo, bunch of twats buying the latest and greatest even though its just a gimped car with a crapton of torque

autopilot

All modern cars look like crap

They'd have to lose that touch sensitive dashboard thinga magiga bs, its horrible

U G L Y
G
L
Y

Here bby, have a real luxury car.

I doubt Teslas would be selling so well if they weren't electric.

It's a nice feature, but I still think the Model 3 would have had many reservations without it.

Of course not, thats the entire point.

Everyone wants to be on the cutting edge nowdays that they are willing to buy a gimped 70k+ car. If they were a gas car company they would go the way of nearly every other small car upstart.

The CT6 is priced exactly the way it competes. Half the quality of a real luxury car, half the price of a real luxury car, half the image of a real luxury car, will be found in every nigger ghetto in five years.

If it were the price of an S-Class they wouldn't sell a single unit.

well shilled

I think the new Malibu looks pretty nice.

I disagree.

are you blind?

No...

so you were dropped on your head as a baby

>best selling caddy is a front wheel drive crossover
#KEKNATION

No, user. That is also wrong.

No, not even out of the fact that I love the V series, but out of the fact that GM sucks at building cars and maintaining them, seriously, even if you have the warranty on the car, they will jew you every step of the way.

Because Ameritards are still yapping about "old men cars". Or buy the Escalade, which sells like hotcakes.

Europoors are ignorant and think Cadillacs are 7 metre 7 litre conservative landboats. Basically no marketing and poor dealer network doesn't help.

Russians are poor as fuck.

That looks like utter shit. Previous 5th gen was much better looking.

i feel really bad because cadillac actually cares about making engaging sport luxury cars but they have to reverse DECADES of brand perception, which will take a long ass time

on the upside, their R&D investment in cadillac trickles down to the other sub-brands and it shows

What is so special about Escalades?

They're the most comfortable cars on the market (probably outside of RR and like).

>Russians are poor as fuck.

Only poor Russians.

money.cnn.com/2016/02/15/news/russia-luxury-cars-sales/

>Porsche (POAHF) set a new record in Russia in 2015, with sales up 12.4% compared to 2014.
>Rolls-Royce also said recently it hit a new a record in Russia last year.
>Lexus sales were up 6% and Bentley said it's market in Russia is "growing rapidly."

>Big
>Roomy
>Comfy
>SUV which is what the market is lusting for as of late which explains the recent influx of Porsche/Bentley SUVs
>The Escalade has made a name for itself in the Luxury SUV market and people like them.
youtube.com/watch?v=WrnU_1gRFkI

Call it a Nig-Rig if you want but its a good Nig-Rig.

That's just foreigners buying cheap cars.

They need to start building reliable cars. The northstar destroyed their reputation and nothing since has won it back

Closest thing to Elmiraj is the ELR

it's the image. It's big and flashy and it's very easy to mod it to look even flashier. It's also treated as a status symbol too.

You can thank rap and hip hop for that.
As well as America's thing about size and comfort.

Ironically the last gen Northstar (in STS) was nigh immortal.

GM in general has bad reliability statistics. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I want at least average reliability. Maybe if they offered a Hyundai type warranty (10 years 100k miles), maybe I'd consider one. The ATS-V does look good on paper, regarding performance.

People don't care. They only remember the first one.

>If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I want at least average reliability.

The only premium brands that fall into that category are Japanese ones. Everything from US, Germany or UK costs far more to own than ... I don't know, a Golf.

>Baby Boomer

Front looks nice at least.

Oh, I should add that I'm unaware of how reliable Genesis is.

Cadillacs still makes the ugliest cars on the market

if I was in the market Id just get a BMW

That's part of the brand's problem. The only cars that really sell well under the brand are still all big and boaty. It's not a luxury land barge, it's a luxury land barge with stiffer suspension and more passenger/cargo space! Innovation! 21st century!

And all those BMW clones - nobody wants them, for various reasons. When's the last time you've seen a Caddy in a race of any kind at all? Even as craptastic as the Corvette is, at least they put it out there for everyone to see and be aware of.

Doesn't matter if it's got a 10 year warranty.

>REAL PEOPLE, NOT ACTORS

ATS-V.R has been racing for a long time. Maybe if you actually looked at some races, you'd see it.

y tho? I'm not even a Cadillac fan, but BMW has really dropped the ball on luxury. The materials they use feel like shit, and they don't look all the good inside. Mercedes is miles ahead.

Fuck you it's hideous

This starts at almost twice the price of the CT6

Underrated.

I drove my coworkers. It's okay, but that front end is futt buggly.

They way I see it it's like the Corvette of SUVs. Cheapest way to say you have something worth talking about.