/ywg/ - Yo-kai Watch General #56

Last Thread: Komurdersan Edititon

Join the discord to make friends!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

Yo-kai Watch 2 has been announced for US!
siliconera.com/2016/05/16/yo-kai-watch-2-release-north-america-september-30-2016/

Yo-kai Watch 3 is out in Japan! Details here!
youkai-watch.jp/yw3/

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble is out!:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaipedia.net/list-of-youkai/

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Also an user was kind enough to give us a small/longish guide to some of YW2's stuff. Take a look!
imgur.com/a/HBkws

Tags: Yokai, Youkai, Yo-kai

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LJvsnW18MWY?t=8m50s
usgamer.net/articles/yokai-watch-and-the-muting-of-japanese-culture
pastebin.com/92Npxv5b
gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/yo-kai-faces-of-jibanyan-figure-set-only-at-gamestop/129464
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Inaho a cute!

A happy Manjimutt is a cute Manjimutt

This is the only correct opinion.

Smogling and Smogmella a cuter

Yes.
Yes.

All this cute praising, and yet you all forgot about me?!

I posted this last thred but you can faintly hear Hovernyan's voice in this video around 8:50 he is most likely voiced by Brent Pendergrass.
youtu.be/LJvsnW18MWY?t=8m50s

back to /lhg/ with your memes!

What is the context here?

>Brent Pendergrass

If it's a voice I don't hate it's probably him. He has the most range out of the dub VAs and the voices themselves aren't half bad. Not a fan of his Blazion, though.

The fact that Abdallah had no idea who Hanako was just adds to it.

Best boy. Best grandpa.

Damn right.
Sorry, even though Level 5 doesn't love you, I do though.
Err.... I guess so?

Latest episode.

It deals with domestic abuse. They didn't play it for laughs.

Yes, but we had enough shotas in the last few threads.

>Enough shotas
The only way those two words make since together is if the word "not" comes right before.

Or after, that could work. Like "We've had enough shotas already, NOT".

There's no such thing as enough shotas. There's only too few shotas and too many shotas; there is no in between.

>Such a thing as too many shotas

>Manage to get a Enefly and Enerfly for the quest that needs both
>Fuse them afterwards
>"BETTERFLY!"

why does the guy scream out that name. That seriously caught me off-guard

It's the same thing in the Japanese version, too. I think they just thought it would be funny to give a feminine butterfly a screaming dude voice.

Enefly sounds straight up like a thugged out black guy, it was hilarious when i first heard it.

Mochismo sounds way too much like Ukinojoe to me

because it's the only way to achieve BEST FEELING

I hope they'll change some yo-kai voices from 1 to sound more like their anime counterparts. I know for a fact Robonyan will most likely be changed considering Robonyan F has his anime voice.
Also I need Goldenyan to be female.

Same. I hoping Roughraff gets his anime voice. It's so dumb that it's great.

So which Yokai are you going to make follow you around in YW2?

Wobblewok

ALL THE WAIFU

Not even a question

I apologize for my shit taste.

Noko or Ray.

Hungorge sounds like Master Shake

Buchinyan because I can't pick between Whisper and Jibanyan

Manjimutt is alright, cheeksqueak is irredeemable

Does anyone like Cheeksqueak?

I doubt it.

At least Fidgephant is kinda cute and evolves into something cool. Cheeksqueak has literally nothing.

usgamer.net/articles/yokai-watch-and-the-muting-of-japanese-culture

Everyone should read this.

Probably fetishists

Every adult has pretty much come to that same conclusion, though.

In a perfect world, the only thing that would've changed from Japanese to English would be the Yokai names and Nate would still be Keita.

It gets particularly mind-screwy when you find out that all the localization flaws are the fault of Level-5 themselves

Level 5 always fucks the translations, look what they did to Inazuma Eleven.

Also Fidgephant's design isn't really that suggestive. He just looks kinda shy and nervous

I know it's just childish potty humor but cheeksqueak's episodes probably got more laughs from me than other episodes.

Cheeksqueak also appears less than the later-introduced Hanahojin (the one who makes people pick their noses)

Fidgephant's episode was hillarious
I lost my shit when Illoo made them think there were urinals in the hallway.

A shy and nervous walking penis

I like Hanahojin way better, honestly. Wonder what his dub name is gonna be.

>I GOTTA SEE A MAN ABOUT A HORSE

She deserved it.

If you know whats good for you, DELET THIS!!!

She spends her free time stalking a bunch of manchildren. I think I'll be okay.

No, you're anything but "okay". In the moment you feel the most safest, she will appear and freeze off your precious valuables as an offering.

How is YW3?

He's a shy and nervous walking bladder, really

Sailornyan if the bonus for the Download version is just a generic password for all versions and I can easily get it

Otherwise, I dunno, I'll decide then

pastebin.com/92Npxv5b

As per usual, in-progress.

This is Yo-kai Specs, but not the current chapter. I've been thinking of calling this something I call "Side Specs," a chapter that really doesn't progress the story in the slightest and is just there because I felt like writing it. It would still be submitted with the story, but called "Side Specs: (Title)" so people wouldn't be confused.

Or I can just say fuck it and throw it in the chapter list.

Bad news is it's a unique password for each version so it's not public for everyone to use.
Good news is you can recruit multiple Sailornyan and Robonyan F, so you can get someone to trade them for you.

>Good news is you can recruit multiple Sailornyan and Robonyan F, so you can get someone to trade them for you.
I want the Jibanyan medals for my collection, but I prefer my 3DS games digital so I don't have to carry games around with me.

I'm extremely conflicted.

If they change TETSUYA's and KANTETSU's names, I'll probably laugh about it

How does that work? DLC files?

>If
They will, It's gonna happen, the name is too inherently japanese. The only thing we can do is hope it won't be as laughably bad as Toiletta or Toadally dude.

I'd put it in the chapter list to make it easier for people that like the main story to see it

Oh it'll still be in the list, just the chapter's name will start with "Side Specs" instead of just the title itself. I don't think I'll do it, too confusing.

Anyone else feel Sproink should have been Tough, and Slimamander Eerie? (Or maybe Slippery?)

Slippery for the latter, totally.

I figured Sproink would be Mysterious or Tough.

I definitely thought Sproink would be Tough and Slimamander Slippery. It ddint make sense to me for them to be any other tribe.

>IT'S A BIG ONE!
>HOT HOG!

>IT'S A BIG ONE!
Oh so that's what he's saying, i thought he was saying something about penguins.

I thought he was saying "I CAN'T HEAR IT!" for a while.

The Toadal Dude abides

Pretty cool, havent seen the movie though.

Whisper should use his tall butler form more often.

Feels like it's less horrible trying to befriend bosses after the first day.

New dub episode aired.

Verygoodsir is basically what I imagine Japanese Whisper to sound like in English.

Is the Gourmet School Lunch a reference to some popular manga/anime? I know the last shot is referencing Ashita no Joe.

IDK, but I do think that the one with Fried Chicken/Chicken Nuggets has a Yu-gi-oh reference.

Is there a yokai that makes people give in to intrusive thoughts? That'd be pretty neat.

I think the closest we have to that is Flushback.

I can't wait for Gattenmeier to be voiced by Whisper's VA doing his best girl voice.

bump

Blizzaria
Urnaconda
Minochi
Poofessor

there's nosirs that causes indecision, suspicioni that causes, well, suspicion and doubt about everything around them

Bump for worst localizers level 5

gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/yo-kai-faces-of-jibanyan-figure-set-only-at-gamestop/129464

Negasus

throw it into the chapter list, but labl them with (number).5 to mimic in-betweens

Okay

Bah. Slow thread time huh?

Is there anything special about this?

>no Sentai yokai
boo.