Why are stripped down cars becoming harder to find in North America? Only pickup trucks can be had with manual locks...

Why are stripped down cars becoming harder to find in North America? Only pickup trucks can be had with manual locks, mirrors, etc. and without things like air conditioning.

Something about the Civic DX feels right to me. No radio, no A/C, manual adjustments for everything. They are so hard to find in the used market.

Because admitting you're lower middle class or middle class is something people don't do. People don't accept their position and always strive to come across as wealthy.

It's quite sad. A nicer car won't make your life any better. You will find that people that drive Toyota 4runners are the most based and grounded people around.

I used to work at a Hyundai dealer, Stripped accents were somewhat popular. Only thing you get is a clock basically, no ac, radio, you dont even get an alarm just a key.
All in they were about 11k.

They want it to be just out of reach so you'll resort to borrowing money for it. Interest on loans is profitable. And people don't really understand how much they're getting fucked in the ass, all they want to know is how big the monthly payment will be.

Faggots, all of you.

I get you. There is something about base models. I sometimes think of buying a very base model of Fiesta and then maybe customise it to my style? I have a 67K salary but though, I want one though.

because everyone wants automatic things now grandpa

I have a 2005 Civic VP. It has A/C but everything else is manual.

I love it, fuck having to replace window motors. The only thing I wish it had was cruise control, I drive about 70 miles a day on the highway so that would be useful.

>civic dx has no radio no ac and manual adjustment on everything
I hope you don't mean pic related those civics have power everything.

Why would you want no a/c in a car? It's brutal in the summer with no a/c.

Manual seats, locks, windows but screw no a/c.in my truck.

I don't get the purpose of no a/c at all.

Ford Fiesta comes pretty sparse if you want, manual trans, locks, windows and it's fun.

Yeah because people who own cars with power windows are constantly replacing window motors, right?

>Inb4 completely anecdotal "evidence" of an uncle of a friend of a friend who had to replace his window motors, followed by the conclusion that window motors are changed so often they could be considered a wear item along with oil filters

After 10 years, yeah. 4 different motors = 4 things that can go wrong. My wife's '06 Mazda3 had both rear Windows become inaccessible from the driver controls, not even a motor issue.

>Why are stripped down cars becoming harder to find in North America? Only pickup trucks can be had with manual locks, mirrors, etc. and without things like air conditioning.

Isn't that true everywhere though? My gf has a basic as shit car (Spark LS 2012) and it came with AC & central locking standard. I think that's just become the norm, like having AUX/iPod imputs in radios and airbags. People just expect those things now.

>race car

I have no A/C and just open my windows to cool down.

Why would you buy a new car if you wanted any of those things?

If it's cost, buy something older.

If it's wanting to be able to repair it yourself, again, buy something older.

Stop being a fucking Luddite retard.

>Only thing you get is a clock basically, no ac, radio, you dont even get an alarm just a key.

Lmao, that reminds me.. The Spark LS doesn't have a dashboard clock (even though there's a digital display for the rev counter, and a digital display on the radio) but the more expensive Spark LT does. A/C is standard, but not the fucking clock. No alarm either, but it isn't like anyone would steal one.

>Why would you want no a/c in a car? It's brutal in the summer with no a/c.

Depends on where you live. Here (western Europe) it's rarely so hot that I really need the A/C. I use it most in winter/autumn to stop the windows fogging up.

Oh wow, your wife's car sure is a big sample of all the cars out there.

None of my friends' cars, parents' cars or gf's cars had their motor replaced (some of those cars are still rolling with 15+ years). I had 3 cars, the only time I had to replace a motor was because somebody broke in my current car and the glass pieces fucked all the mechanism that lifts the window, the motor was actually fine, but they only sell the mechanism with the motor attached so I had to buy that too.
Now that I think about it, one of my friends owns a '07 Golf 5 and he actually had to replace a window button for a grand total of like $20 and the inconvenience of not being able to lower one rear window for half a day.
Sure that means window motors break all the time, totally worth having to crank every single window by hand in the off chance that you may need to replace a motor in a couple of decades.

>Sure that means window motors break all the time, totally worth having to crank every single window by hand in the off chance that you may need to replace a motor in a couple of decades.

Ease of replacement differs from car to car.. VW Golf are put together fairly logically, but some other brands not so much.
>My dad rekt his hazards and indicators on a '98 Mitsu Space Wagon by plugging in a light bar for a trailer that he wired incorrectly (he's getting old)
>Grab manual
>Look up fuseboxes and shit
>Open hood, replace hazard light fuse
>hazards work, indicators don't.
>SRS light came on (airbags and shit)
>wth?
>fiddling, hassling, googling, asking a mechanic at a Mitsubishi dealership I was stopping by to pick up gf's ride anyway
>Guy says the SRS is wired through the steering column switch that controls that indicators, and that it might be that
>Get new switch, open steering column, replace switch
>Still no hazards

It turned out it was the fucking SRS fuse that melted too.. Who the FUCK thought it was a good idea to run the indicators through the airbag fuse? Fucking japs man.

Because AC is heavy and eats power from the engine.

I wasn't talking about ease of replacement at all.
Even if replacing a window motor was something that takes 6 hours, it wouldn't still be logical to not buy them just because one of them may or may not break down once in your or the car's lifetime.

Seems more like an excuse to not say you can't afford these things (which is strange nowadays, it's almost impossible to find a new car with such basic commodities) at all or you can't afford to save a few hundreds in a decade to fix the damn thing if it breaks.

>almost impossible to find a new car with such basic commodities

Still, if you buy a car with the intention to do maintainence yourself, depending on your skills and experience, more electronics might not be what you favor.

True, but I don't think a window motor falls in the "complex electronics that are impossible to fix yourself" category.
It's a few bolts and plastic clips just like anything else in the car, what's difficult is the diagnosis, but even there, if you are buying a cheap car you won't get door control modules and other electronic stuff between the button and the motor, you just give 12V straight to the motor and if it doesn't move then it's fucked.

Jeez man, even if you don't want to fix things yourself it doesn't make any sense not to buy power windows because they may break in a few years, the tech is pretty solid, we are not talking about some kind of black magic experimental technology here

Because it ends up costing the manufacturer more since most people get those power options anyways

Stop driving a gutless shit box

The motors usually don't even break, it's the plastic buts that are the same with manual windows that break all the time

OP is an idiot

>no a/c
fuck that..bought an ek4 with no a/c, re-fitted an oem one

My cars with working AC are faster than your "race car" without it.

I drive a 90hp shitbox with the aerodynamics of a washing machine and I don't feel any change in power when turning the AC on.

>AC is heavy
Oh shit, it increases the weight of my car by a whopping 1%!

Fight me in a roundabout bitch
Well, it's not much power, but I can hear how the idle goes up on my shitbox when I run the AC. And on my car it's more about 1.5% and it's all in the front.

Fun fact, your idle will also slightly go up when you turn the wheel a bit and use the power steering pump

Basically it's fucking nothing

Boy racer talk right here

As I understand it, below 40mph opening the window is more efficient, above that, the drag makes the car less efficient than running the A/C

my car is so base model it has an ash tray but no lighter, no rear wipers, no sunroof(standard on all but bottem of the bottem) and no mirrors in the sun visors.

>I can hear how the idle goes up on my shitbox when I run the AC.
So? Are you leaving your car to idle for hours?

Also, opening the windows is rarely an alternative to AC in a stopped idling car anyway.

It depends on the outside temperature and sunlight. In 110 degree heat, opening the windows at any speed won't work unless you enjoy dehydration.

>I don't get the purpose of no a/c at all.

live in a country with nice weather, its always cool and overcast in england, mostly around sea level too. probly the main reasons we held the fasted road legal car for so long and regrettably the fasted road legal fwd atm.

The A/C can be turned off when you drive on your favourite touge, giving you max engine performance. The weight is negligible because it makes summer drives more comfy.

Here it's basically as wet as England but with the average temperature being several degrees lower, and my AC still isn't useless. Don't forget that you can use it to prevent windows from fogging up in the rain.

Shut up Muhammad

Luxury features always disceminate into the lower classes as they get cheaper and cheaper to produce. Airbags and seatbelts used to be 'luxury' option but even you fags probably wouldnt dd a brand new 2016 without them.

Newsflash: modern race cars have AC too

Because people want cars with toys.

>mfw
Electrical power steering dosent do this...

Maybe this 2016 Nissan Frontier would be a better example.

yea, imagine what poor people in Germany and other countries thought. they just wanted a car - any car.

cars now are more about being a status symbol. that's why I'm e36 and e30 for life.

I bought a 2016 Versa and it's the same way. Crank windows, manual locks, stereo is just a single slot CD player, manual transmission, and the key is just a fucking key. I love it. Oddly enough Nissan splurges on different things though. Bluetooth calling is built in and the mirrors have electric controls.

>the key is just a fucking key. I love it.

+1

A new base-model Nissan Micra has manual everything, including crank windows.

nissan versa

americans are lazy and fat..thats y. they got used to getting things done for free

>.gif

C U R R E N T D E C A D E

t. Toyota 4runner driver