I have a budget of about $500 CAD a month to lease a car for 48 months

I have a budget of about $500 CAD a month to lease a car for 48 months.

My top choice right now is a GTI that I would ECU tune.

Are there any other cars in this price range worth leasing that offer the comfort and speed that a GTI would?

nissan micra

I really hope the micra comes with a sick CVT

Get a 5 year old GTI. There's nothing different between the old and new ones.

>leasing
y tho?

Making a shit ton in scholarships ($700 per month)

I can't afford a nice car up front and I need something fun to drive to university that isn't my current car (pic related)

>leasing a car just to drive to class

Or you could save that money, get a job, save some more, and actually buy a car you want.

No one at school gives a shit what you drive.

I have a job you retard, my scholarships enable me to afford a new better one.

I can't imagine many people like to you in real life

nobody likes him here either.

user I can 100% guarantee that the car you're driving is more fun then something you're going to finance and ruin your life with.
Fuck off. Your car is fine. Get better at driving.

I whip my civic around corners like no ones fuckin business and can heel toe like a mother fucker but that doesn't change that it has 400,000km on it

>afford

Yeah to lease, you don't even own the fucking thing. Why throw your money away when you already have a driveable car?

Or are you another summerfag who doesn't know the difference between leasing and financing?

I 100% know the difference between leasing and financing I'm not a retard.

Yes it does. Keep your car mother fucker.
I WILL RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I am keeping it till it goes, im talking after here

I have an almost loaded 2011 GTI, sat in a brand new one a few months ago. The sunroof is bigger. If that isn't a concern for you then yeah better off getting the last gen.

Oh and the plaid on the seats is slightly different, if you really look for it.

Only reason I wouldn't go used is Ontario has a real shit market where GTI's are way overpriced or have way too high KM

I wanted to lease so I could just drive it for 4 years and generally not have to worry about major failure

cringe: the car and the post

Enjoy your knackered dmf after a while.

>heel toeing is impressive now

Didn't claim it was impressive just saying I know how to drive a manual to a sufficient degree

With a state 1 tune and not launching at every street light the clutch will be fine

if you chip your gti make sure you get the APR ecu

I was looking at Unitronic because a reputable VW garage in my city offers them. What would APR offer over Unitronic?

mustang gt you goat

I dont feel like killing pedestrians.

Also mustangs have way higher insurance rates for me

Finance a car over 48 months instead

you should be able to afford something around the $20k range

>mustangs have way higher insurance rates for me
then get the ecoboost

ecoboost is $450 a month

GTI is $250

I can afford to finance the GTI over 60 months and I have 8 years of school on a full scholarship plus $700 a month plus 3 days a week of work

>ecoboost is $450 a month
insurance you mean? that sucks

well if youre set on a hatch check out the focus ST

Engine swap.

B16A is fairly straight forward and would just as fun to drive as any GTI. No, much better because DOHC TWIN CAM 8K REDLINE VTEC YO.

I test drove a fiesta ST and while it was fun as fuck to drive I cant imagine sitting in it for more than an hour at 6'4" 220lbs. Maybe the focus will be better.

and yeah insurance makes no sense in Ontario. A golf R is cheaper to insure than a baseline golf. A fucking Z06 is the same to insure as a ND Miata.

I don't really feel like putting any more money into this car though. I just did all my brake lines and the frame is rusted to hell. If I get into an accident the thing is a write off so the $300 a month I pay in insurance is useless anyways. If it were in better shape you better believe a k20 would be going in it.

congrats on the scholarships btw

smart cookie

Thanks my brotha