/rwg/ - Rimworld General

wargs edition

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows a number of survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, the epic scale of Dune, and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq
Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25128.msg257525#msg257525
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not that important, but it'll prevent sleeping patients being disturbed each time you treat another one.

Flu doesn't spread yet, I believe.

what the advantage of treating them in a hospital instead of their own rooms if i dont have sterile floor yet?

nothing

>have two guys with shooting over 15
>one gets mauled by panthers
>the other got his right hand ripped off by an elephant
>two days later gets his right arm ripped off by some dickhead with a spear
>everyone else is too shit with guns to hunt

Dammit i hate my life right now.

He still has one arm.

go vegan!
:)

He cant even hold anything as far as i know. He just dropped his gun and stood there, welcoming death until the same damn panther that killed my other hunter killed the tribal

>downed raider
>get 3 people with shivs to jump on him and stab the fuck out of him

I went lone colonist and the bitch got injured. It says her wound requires treatment to heal, will it never heal otherwise? Also it's been like five days now and the wound still hasn't gotten infected, what the hell? What determines the chances of getting infection? Is it just luck on my part?

How dirty the floor is affects it. Mouse over the wound, it'll tell you how bad it is, like 4/5, or 20/30, etc. It'll slowly go up and heal, but you've got a good chance to bleed out or get an infection if it does. If you get an infection you're pretty much dead with nobody else to heal it. You should be cautious around stuff like knives and high-powered guns like sniper rifles, they're likely to make you bleed out if you don't have a doctor.

Can someone spoonfeed me a good early game defence layout?

Do you like being inside mountains, or prefer open space?

Build a generator and 2 turrets and 6 sand bags. plant potatoes and cut wood. build into the wall and research stuff.

I want to git gud with both situations but I am trying to win a game inside mountains first

Make your mountain base entrance three tiles wide.
W = Wall, O = Open space, X = Deadfall trap (preferably steel)

WWWWWW
XOXOXOXO
OXOXOXOX
XOXOXOXO
WWWWWW

Make it as long as you want.

>WWWWWW
>XOXOXOXO
>OXOXOXOX
>XOXOXOXO
>WWWWWW

What the fuck is this, /dfg/? just post a fucking picture of it

and open rimworld, just U U U U?

you're not as big as you think

>implying i have rimworld
what is this, /rwg/? fuck off idiot

would buying rimworld be extremely painful?

Thanks senpai

mountain base inspo?

Sure.

>no alien bug raids
just fucking shoot me

There really should be raids from bugs that come from meteors. Just reskin the drop pod model and make it spawn bugs.

I want alien biomes, like wastelands full of creepy animals and bio jungles with tons of natural spawning bug hives

I need some explanations.

How do I get people to take off their warm clothes before they go to bed so they don't get the Hot modifier?

Pretty sure you can just set the temperature absurdly low with that cooler and freeze them all to death.

Whats the point of rescuing people from drop pods when they just leave your colony? Am I supposed to capture them as a prisoner then recruit them? I rescued my character's brother and he left the colony after we saved him and died to hypothermia

>Am I supposed to capture them as a prisoner then recruit them?

But he's completely right, you have to do that. At least in vanilla.

the point is that he's asking while answering his own question dumbass

>Marriage
>Bride breaks down and starts beating the dog to death
>Groom throws up all over the table because he was on an achohol binge
>Divorced almost instantly

This game's getting a bit too real guys

The point is that it's fucking counter intuitive and wants to make sure that's the only way to proceed.

Holy shit, kill yourself.

no you

I was asking that because I wanted to know if there was an alternative, I was wondering if I didn't have to imprison people to recruit them

literally just fucking google it, or wait and try it in game

you fucking babbies don't need to have the thread hold your hand for every little thing

>hey, let's ask a question about the game in a thread about the game
>no dude that's fucking retarded you're a baby waah waa

>hey let's shit up the thread with retarded tittybaby questions instead of playing the game and finding out for ourselves like big boys
>haha yeah totes mc gotes bro haha how do i recruit drop pods????? xD

Like you're making the thread any better

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

>hey I found out this way to proceed, but it doesn't feel right, is there another alternative?
>HAHA FUCKING BABY SHOULD I HOLD YOUR HAND? SPOONFEED THIS *unzips dick* HAHA

It was pretty bad, something like 14 on the torso, but now it's down to 2 and the bleeding has long stopped, although it went on for a while. What baffles me is that it's still not infected while before I had infections pop up left and right. Must be the floor then. Guess cleaning gets top priority from now on.

>i cannot play a video game by myself without watching tutorials or having other people help me

millennials, everyone

You guys are all just showing how new you are
In an older version of the game they drop pods would sometimes join you.

You're literally abusing him because you are too retarded to realize its a bug.

it's not a bug retard, the dev changed it and regularly tells people on leddit how to recruit them by capturing

i bet you don't even remember the fear mechanic

Has the mega of no-DRM 15c surfaced yet?

>going on leddit
>abusing people for not going on reddit
wow Veeky Forums has really lost it now

I tought infestation can happen only in caverns, not in a fucking regular buildings.

what the fuck

they can break down the doors can't they?

They can happen wherever there's mountain roof.

Mod updates when? Fucking 15C.

playing with 15c and the old mods desu.

>tfw you have so much plasteel that you start making sculpturs out of it.

How do I mod if they won't update CCL for v15c?

>Tfw your artist keeps making sculptures of fucking broccoli

THE BROCCOLI SHALL NOT BE VILLIFIED

I sold 4k now I don't know where to put all the silver.

Can you feel it?
Another 12k comming out of the ground

Rate my Bunker. :D

>make malari-block
>set policy to take every 5 days
>assign to all colonists
>they are eating one a day

Fucking faggots. Also it feels like a ripoff to even make that shit instead of buying it. $30 for ingredients or $40 per pill.

why does your electricity come from across the map when theres a vent right outside your base

>he didn't see the fusion generator
>he thinks my juice comes from there insteed of going there

fusion generator? what mod

>being a glitterfag

Glitterworld. Advances your tech level so high, the game becomes easy mode.

they should expand the mod to have similarly high tech level raiders and shit come after your ass if it becomes easy mode

thats what the medieval mod does, you can get medieval merchants/bandits

There's that talon company mod or whatever that might be a good alternative in the mean time.

Actually the Orions are suposed to kill you for using the tech but because of the Hospitality Mod I#m just too good of a buddy with them.

i need bears for him dont i

>a boomalope self tamed
>beavers!
I know what I want to do, but should I do it?

Where are you running, beavers?

Good job boomalope 1, go to your allowed area.

So apparently selling your bonded dog has the same emotional impact as witnessing it get torn limb from limb and eaten by a bear.

FUCK BEAVERS ;_:

>boomalope self tamed

put him in a sculpter's table and have him make sculpture's forever

I'd think it would be worse. I mean, one is just death and the other is a betrayal.

Whats the name of the mod where you can take apart clothing and it gives you some of the materials that it cost to make it. this is good for getting rid of tattered apparel.

Just play vanilla and burn them at a campfire. d-don't cheat pls

What's the mod that lets you cook multiple meals at once called?

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25128.msg257525#msg257525

Thanks senpai

There's also Vegetable Garden. But that's adds a whole bunch of stuff you might not want.

Blueberries OP.

With what implant can I heal frail?
Exonskellet didn't do it for me.
Will a Pelvis help?

Surely a steadfast pyromaniac will be a fine colonist, right?

you can't remove it without mods like bionic spine from Advanced Prosthetics or Glittertech, but if you give the person bionic arms and legs it will increase manipulation and movement enough that it will make up for it.
Frail gives -30% Movement and -30% manipulation, but two bionic legs gives 40% movement and two bionic arms gives 40% manipulation (20 each arm/leg).

Why do you have so many drills on at the same time? What a waste of power.

I have those mods with advanced prosis.
A spine will help? I thought you need the spine for bad back.

How long did it take you guys to win your first game? I've got 24 hours played so far and I fucked up two colonies playing on casual with permadeath on so I can't cheat. Survived little over a year on both, dunno how far into the game that is

>200k Poweroutput
>ever giving a fuck about energy again

>using mods
heretical

Why do some colonists have impaired faculties without any visible injuries or addictions?

i haven't tried it but it should work

background story and personality maybe.
Show the character tab.

I'd euthanize the dog if I knew the penalties were exactly the same.