Why is this allowed?

Because modern day jaguar owners don't want to drive manual.

The automotive industry is trying get our cars to run us over in our driveways duh

because some normies are too weak and lazy to even operate a A/T shift lever

What's wrong with it? It come up when you turn the car on, pretty neat xD

>tfw bought an evoque
>this knob reveals itself from innards of central console after putting ignition button into "on" in a cool fashion
>something wrong with the ignition
>the lever wont reveal itself and I cant even put it in a fucking N to tow it or something
>Ebin
>

>complain when its rotary knobs
>complain when its a column shifter
>complain when its a gear stick on the centre console

You guys really want capacitive buttons, right??

>be a cuck and buy a cuck car
>get cucked by said car

top cuck kys

I also have to mention it couldnt go for shit with 2.2d and almost 400 nm of torque. I just cant understand how can one luxbox can be so fucked up in everything exept the overall design of the interior. Never again

Because automatic transmissions used to be something fancy, having an auto meant you were a high roller who was above shifting his own gears
Now that autos are the norm, they need to somehow make that even fancier, smoother and more detached
So you get bullshit like the parking brake being a cheap toggle switch that's just asking to fail

That reminds me, I need to fix the cheap toggle switch for the door locks in my E46.

Never driven an auto but what does the B stands for?

Why not have a knob on an auto? It saves a shitload of interior space and it's not like having a physical shifter means anything anymore since automatics are 100% computerized now. If you want physical feedback, drive stick.

Do ever even touch the shiftier while driving? If you do want to change gears you've got paddle shifters which are much better.

BOOST obviously

More like buttfuck

>drive is backward
>reverse is forward

rrrrrrrreeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

honestly ALL autos should be this way. Why the fuck is interior space wasted on a stick that does nothing that a knob can do? You aren't shifting gears like you are in a manual.

And if you want to shift gears via a auto manual then the car should come with paddle shifters. Takes ups waaay less space.

Designed by a woman, as a fashion accessory, to show off to rich people in a shallow American city.

Nothing else to say.

Toggles the brake regeneration. Only seen it on the Prius.

>tfw have RA
>tfw can't drive a manual anymore
>tfw can't even use a lot of automatic transmissions
>stuck with cars that have a short throw transmission or cuck knobs
I think I'm going to kill myself. I have 4 cars I can't drive anymore.

Way way waaaaaay too late, user.

Also, you cant change the battery or jump start it without rewriting and pairing the internal computing processor of this thing. So, if you left the car for a couple of weeks in winter and battery, you have no choise but to call the service. It is fucking absurd, it all seemed like a bad joke.

The best car design is one that keeps bringing profit to the car maker and the dealership chain. That means the car must no longer be serviceable by the consumer. Thus, features must continue to evolve towards devices being serviceable only by dealers and authorized shops.

Some other products have done this more than cars. You can see that with cellphones and planned obsolescence. Their lifespan is dictated by their battery wearing out. Once upon a time, batteries could be replaced by the consumer, but that spawned a lot of 3rd party market battery suppliers who undercut both the manufacturer and the authorized dealers of the cellphones from making profit by selling replacement batteries. Some phones still allow user battery replacement such as some from LG as well as simpler phone models.

I also find them quite noisy, and the door cards are shit. A disappointing vehicle

Because in the modern age MUH GADGITS and MUH TEKNOLOGEE matter more than reliability, usability, functionality, ergonomics, performance, etc. People want technology and gadgetry for the sake of having them, even if they are detrimental to the overall experience.

these are physical buttons that give a feedback tho

Yeah they were still garbage though.