Sugar in tank myth?

Most destructive thing to put in a gas tank?

My buddy says sugar ruins an engine but I heard it doesn't harm it at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flammability_limit#Upper_explosive_limit
youtube.com/watch?v=TOpsB5n9DZ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The wrong kind of fuel

Molten Metal

semen

Actually that won't harm the engine at all.

Sugar doesn't ruin it, clogs up the filter and starves the car of gas. Most likely fucks up the fuel pump or if it gets past the filter, the injectors.

Peanut butter.

A currently on fire washcloth.

Salt up your butthole will ruin you’re shit the most.

Bleach
Reacts with fuel and additives and cause rust of internal components.
Put a little bit in the oil and radiator too if you can

probly a tonne of water, vodka if you got abit of money

Sulphuric acid, or any strong acid

Just assuming you're doing this as a science experiment to your own old beat up car

(you)

a lit match.

trust me.

Water fucks it up.

Anything that can't be compressed that can make it through the fuel delivery system.

Or

Anything that can cause extreme corrosion.

Worst thing is bleach.

What you do is buy a gallon jug of it (the cheap stuff is fine). Dump half of it into the gas tank and half down your throat

>no espionage

>My buddy says sugar ruins an engine but I heard it doesn't harm it at all.
Not really. Sugar is (mostly) a myth.

1. If you are anywhere that has pure gasoline: sugar does not dissolve in gasoline at all. Try it yourself (in a jar) and see.

2. If you are anywhere that adds alcohol/methanol/ethanol to gasoline, than some sugar could dissolve in that, since those alcohols will mix with both gasoline and water and gasoline+alcohol mixes tend to absorb some humidity. So you could get a little sugar dissolved into that probably... but not much. And sugar would just burn in the combustion chamber anyway. The unabsorbed sugar would just clog the fuel filter, as in #1.

3. I've heard of bleach forever but have never really seen what (if anything) it does.

4. Is there anything that can? Yea, if you use two ingredients. You would need a fine abrasive like fumed silica, and then combine that with a solvent that could eat through {some part} of the fuel filter.
I used to know something that would do this (15-20 years ago?) but I don't know if there is anything convenient that will do this now or not.
When the USA began adding alcohol to gasoline, the alcohol ate up a lot of soft fuel-system parts, so they switched to more chemical-resistant materials for stuff like gaskets, o-rings and 'rubber' fuel lines.

>a lit match.

4. True story: Some teenagers had plotted to kill an old guy to rob his house and just because they didn't like him. They took a spark plug wire off his car, connected more wire to that and ran it down into the gas tank. When he started it, the car ran really crappy but didn't explode or even catch fire. The cops said that the wire in the tank probably DID spark for a few seconds he had the engine running (poorly) but the mixture inside the gas tank is usually too rich to ignite directly.

>Block of magnesium "fire starter" from camping section
>Light corner with blow torch
>Place in center of hood

C4.

Water

>ITT: nobody saw the Mythbusters episode covering this exact topic

had fuel contaminated with water recently.
thought it was a cylinder misfire, computer scan said cylinder 2.
upon draining it was all emulsified.
car was shaking when i drove it. Had to drive 20km home with it on 80km/hr roads, thought i was gonna die.

i remember they put 3 diferent things there and all of them fucked up the engine, in the end the moral was don't fucking put anything on your gas tank rather than actual fuel

Sand

antimatter should do the trick

Water will absolutely fuck up your fuel pump and injectors on modern diesels, probably gasoline engines too.

I don't know if you heard the news, but fuel can't be compressed, yet it makes it out of the fuel delivery system just fine and the engine is more than happy to eat it and burn it.

Most fuel injection systems run at 45psi+. Direct injection and diesel run in the thousands of psi for fuel pressure. Even carb'd motors run at 3psi+. By definition you are compressing the fuel to a certain extend.

Ever heard of hydrolock?

Sugar in the intake manifold

Ever heard of engines hydrolocking because something made it out of the fuel delivery system the same way fuel does?
Because engines hydrolock when water gets in through the intake, not the injectors

You're shit when it comes to your and you're.

A tiny blob of silicone. That shit just absorbs gasoline and will 100% clog the filter and ruin all the gasoline. Any decent shop fixing it will want to tear the entire fuel system apart to make sure its all out too.

>mixture inside the gas tank is usually too rich to ignite directly
That doesn't sound possible to me

>The cops said that the wire in the tank probably DID spark for a few seconds he had the engine running (poorly) but the mixture inside the gas tank is usually too rich to ignite directly.
It was probably because the spark plug was submerged in liquid gasoline and didn't have any oxygen to complete the combustion.

The sugar kills your car is just a myth. Now Boron powder is the real shit.

You know how fast ricin kills humans? It's the same shit with boron powder and cars.

Bleach doesn't need to react with shit in the fuel, it causes corrosion to damn near everything on its own.

>That doesn't sound possible to me
Over time, the gasoline vapors (heavier than air) displaced all the air in the tank. So after a few times of refilling the tank full with gasoline, you've pumped out all of the oxygen. So there is vapor in the tank, but it is all gasoline vapor. So the police are right when they say it is too rich to ignite. They didn't mean the liquid. They meant the vapor inside. Air doesn't get in due to the EPA approved gas cap. That's why if the cap has a pressure leak, the CEL warning turns on after awhile.

D.va a shit tank just like this thread.

LIGHTER FLUID

Neat

Ethanol

i watched a judge judy where some dumb kid thought you could stretch fuel with beer

I work at an insurance auto shop and time to time a car with sugar in the tank will come in. Yes, sugar is bad for your car. The engine will survive but the entire fuel system is fucked, you will have to change EVERYTHING.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flammability_limit#Upper_explosive_limit

So, does it corrode or clog?

This won't ruin your car but it is something that all Oil shieks HATE. The next time you are on empty don't fill up with expensive gasoline, just pour in some water from the tap!

What if I poured a shit ton of nitrous into an unsuspecting fuck's gas tank.

Pour a gallon of bleach in the gas tank. It will rust the shit out of the fuel lines, injectors, and maybe the gas tank if it's steel

The fuel is not being compressed. The PSI is the force with which it is being moved. Liquids don't compress.

styrofoam pellets in the gas tank

Nothing. Nitrous evaporates into a gas. If anything you might freeze the rubber inlet hose. Or your fingers.

You're going to need a lot of that. Or a lot rubber cement. It may clog the fuel system.

This
A match in there would just extinguish like you dropped if in water
You would need to hold it over liquid gas for a while near the top so it can react with the air
This is one part of the reason that fuel is aerolized through the injectors instead of measured and dripped on

They didn't have a fuel filter iirc

Thermite on the hood

Better yet, just drink it

FUCKING LATE TO POST THIS, FUCK YOU
youtube.com/watch?v=TOpsB5n9DZ8

Not enough oxygen fucktard

If you put sugar in your tank nothing nothing spicy or nice will come out of it

This.

Ethanol, dissolves the rubber components in fuel lines.

cool story bro except liquids don't compress

They do but they just turn into solids, but it's not really applicable to normal processes you see on Earth.

>fuckin power puff girls reference
fuckin lmao dude

Intake
COMPRESSION
Combustion
Exhaust

Don't worry m8, feel free to read a book or two about physics and then try again.
It's ok, i forgive you

When the govt. did cash for clunkers it was required to pour a certain mix into the engine and run it til it seized.

It compresses the air/fuel mixture. AIR/FUEL.

>trust me.

what did you do