See a fancy car

>see a fancy car
>assume owner is wealthy
Haha. It's most likely bought with somebody else's money.

sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/11/13/more-aussies-buying-luxury-cars-finance

news.com.au/finance/money/luxury-bmws-a-debt-trap/story-e6frfmd9-1226008825157

Other urls found in this thread:

bankrate.com/finance/auto/where-a-new-car-is-most-and-least-affordable.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>financing is bad

top kek found the poorboi

Yeah, comeback in 6 years when you actually OWN your car.

grow up you teenager

Yup. Cars have turned into the iPhone. Gotta have it to show "status". Then it gets old and irrelevant in 2 years. Then it's just a car. Then you don't feel special.

Sorry but you need to make you feel special. Not your car. Dumb Facebook users.

Shhh bank cuck

I doubt the majority of people on Veeky Forums have bought any car worth over $20,000 without any sort of payment plan.

t. 19yo shitbox owner

Quit replying to the Australian you stupid cunt

>colleague has a fancy new Mercedes one day
>months later find out it's leased

I am Australian. You are American? Your cars blow. They can't handle Australia's humid climate. Learn to build better cars

What's that? I can't hear you from the bottom of the credit score

paying off debt increases your credit score. If I had a shitty credit score I would drive a shitbox like you

Good luck paying off that debt, credit cuck.

already did that

Great, enjoy your decreased valued car.

>paying interest on a depreciating asset

m8 it doesn't matter at the end you're still the one driving a shitbox

>I only make gainful investments. I'm poor tho

ok

>I'm upside down a car I can't afford so people think I'm rich

ok

Keep telling yourself that

>financing means auto struggle

ok poorboi

I could say the same. What are you doing on a car board btw?

Feels great having a car that I actually own

You do realize that you own the car when you finance it, right? It's just the security of your credit.

Yeah ok. Let me stop with the payments and see what happens.

>I don't know what a security is

Are you still arguing with the fucing aus you stupid cunt
What did I tell you

I'm bored m8 and he craves my (you)s

>I can't admit I'm a cuck

I already told you that it doesnt matter how often you call me cuck at the end you're still the shitbox owner making shit threads on a cambodian basket weaving forum to feel better about himself

What car do you 'own' user?

what shitbox do you own user?

I'm nocar

PRANKED XDDDD

>His car will be a shitbox in 10 years anyway

A shitbox like you said but I'm interested I'm what car a person of means like yourself drives.

>implying I will own this car in 10 years

so you're also nocar? PRANKED XDD

If you're so rich why don't you pay the car in cash?

>this whole thread
Rofl, you guys rock.
This guy however is a faggot.
>people I don't agree with must come from somewhere I'm conditioned to not like
Get a sense of humor princess. You sound like you've been on the receiving end of a few too many GTR>Cuckvette threads sweetheart.

I took a five year loan and with my budget will have it paid off in less than one year

>things that never happen

no, it's a used car, 12k total

Most people who finance a luxury car are doing it as a form salary sacrifice in order to reduce their taxable income. Or their leasing it because that's the easiest way to insure you always have well maintained current model vehicle.

>Leasing a used car

>Reduce salary sacrifice
>On a luxury car that loses value
>Will end up with expensive repair costs that exceed it's value

Oh man what a great investment

It least I don't have to take the bus

Things OP will never have:
>A showroom new car
>A house
>A college education

He'll be living in poverty in a place he'll never own, spending all his time trying to keep his shitbox running, but at least he's not getting cucked by the bank

what?
australia has humidity?

>Because it's like totally unpossible purchase a late model vehicle without finance. All you guise must drive shitboxes because that's all I can afford without monthly payments.

>daily drive pic related to university
>people think I'm some Chinese nouveau riche
>it's just a 20 yo shitbox

Financing isn't bad in and of itself.

Buying a car on a 5+ year note while barely making the payments is bad. This is nigger logic: "I make $800 a month. This car payment is $600. Clearly I can afford it!" Then they get the thing repo'd after they skip oil changes for a year, the engine explodes, and they can't afford repairs AND payments. Not to mention their other personal finances are in shambles. And that's what every low to middle class person who drives a Mercedes is doing.

There are a handful of advantages to buying new, if you can easily make payments while continuing to save, if you can afford to maintain and repair the vehicle, if you take advantage of offers like 0% interest. But subprime car loans are an increasing problem in the USA and I'm sure it has/will spread to other places.

bankrate.com/finance/auto/where-a-new-car-is-most-and-least-affordable.aspx

check the chart in this article

you notice that DFW, Houston, and SA hover around $15k in terms of what car they should buy. anyone who lives in Texas knows that maybe 1/5 cars on the road is a shiny new truck, which start at $30k and only get so much more expensive from there.

the automakers dug themselves into a hole. they started making their cars too well. now they are relying on an endless debt cycle of trade-ins and payments and 6+ year loans to float their yearly numbers. if they were behaving financially responsibly, there would be far less vehicles sold, or their vehicles would have to cost far less. but they want the volume AND the increased price. who the fuck can afford a new chevy suburban? consider that even an entry level sedan pushes $20k starting nowadays. you can't find a shit-ass 4 banger econobox hellhole for much under $15k.

>oh look a special snowflake car
>he must be rich

They don't understand the reason why many aren't on the road

How could people daily drive sport car? I sperg out if I find dust on my weekend car. I have it covered all the time

the college i used to go to was built on a yacht yard. This christensen yacht was about 4-5 floors and always had employees walking around in uniform despite the ship only leaving the dock a couple times. one day i saw what must have been the owner and his trophy wife, because he was dressed in a different outfit than the crew and had a snapback on. he looked like he was about 28-32 and got into a blue STX (2nd lowest trim) 2009-2014 F150

I used to sperg too but nowadays idgaf anymore. I just wash it when it gets dirty.

I financed $7,000 of my 2015 FoST3 at 1.9%
1.9 is close to the inflation rate, I needed to build my credit, the payments are very easily affordable and I'm paying it off much quicker than I am required to.

I used that 7k to buy hookers and coke, and it was a great move imo.

Aussie here. This weekend hopefully I will be financing $50k to get a 2011 IS-F on a $70k/salary with no savings or downpayment. 4 years should do it. Am I stupid?

>bt50
>fancy car
lolwut?

How does on aqcuire the job of just chilling on a boat in a suit all day?

basically, youre going to be working to pay off your car.

Good luck with that.

Yes.

Dont forget a worth a shit job at a fortune 500 company, lots of them pull credit scores while doing backround checks.

Yeah, our economy is relatively stable right now so it's actually not retarded to buy cars on loans. But we do generally have to because the cost of living is also relatively high.

And people that have low income that buy cars on loans get caught out. And they normally buy FPV's, HSV's or WRX's. Because most of our lower class is white and very patriotic.

Also, basically anything that's not a hatchback is considered luxury by tax. Anything that costs more then 60k I think.

Wow your really not going to like having to buy a house.