Hello Veeky Forums. 2010 Mustang GT owner here. Engine is the 4.6 SOHC V8. Currently I have a Airaid CAI, BBK headers...

Hello Veeky Forums. 2010 Mustang GT owner here. Engine is the 4.6 SOHC V8. Currently I have a Airaid CAI, BBK headers, and a Borla x-pipe and ATAK xhaust

What would any of you say should be done to an engine to prepare it for a supercharger or a turbocharger. I know that without changing any of the internals it could handle around 4-5 psi of boost, but my desired area is around 7-8; of course I don't want to wreck my engine trying to get there. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

sohiperformance.com/i-330711.aspx?gclid=Cj0KEQjw7-K7BRCkkIH3t_WwoskBEiQAD8oY3m_MsOfSK1GYPv8x26whfCDezKO2P7VmhIwFVT9Lei8aAsiB8P8HAQ
m.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-6009-b53
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

Forged internals would be best bet, you could just intercool it and meth inject it for less, but forged internals would be a better investment in the long run in case you want more boost

>he bought a V8
>he didn't swap an EcoBoost V6

no

When did a bunch of ecoboost fags start shilling on Veeky Forums?
Jesus christ they fucking post in every flipping thread. They're like gay rights activists, nobody cares about their preferences, some people prefer to have a balanced v8 more than an ashmatic v6

>balanced
[citation needed]

Just ignore it dude. Dont drop to that level. You're better than that

Is this the hip new meme taking over Veeky Forums?

So would something like this be sufficient? or would even more have to be done?
sohiperformance.com/i-330711.aspx?gclid=Cj0KEQjw7-K7BRCkkIH3t_WwoskBEiQAD8oY3m_MsOfSK1GYPv8x26whfCDezKO2P7VmhIwFVT9Lei8aAsiB8P8HAQ

>4.6 Modular.

well... good luck with that asthmatic lump.

Boost is addictive and you will want even more power once you have a taste of what 5psi can do to that motor.

Forged Internals all the way. Can sleep better at night.

Anyone got a link to a good set of internals to buy?

You'll be fine with low boost. Don't need forged internals yet

You'll probably need to upgrade the injectors and some other shit though

Fyi stock internals are good for around 450 rwhp, beyond that you will have to go to forged internals. But a good forged build will cost as much or more than a supercharger.

I'm planning for my yearly bonus, which is usually around 7,500. What should I do then

Tfw a V6 Mustang is just as fast as your v8 while getting better gas mileage.
Tfw it can also take a turbo/supercharger safely up to 450-500hp.

Don't forge the internals yet OP, until you are ready to pass the safe zone.

v6 stangs are still for women and still sound like shit and still produce garbage torque
>mfw more torque in my 08 GT than in a 2017 v6

>Now 300hp cars are for women.

So now your GT is for Women too, you should've bought the Coyote one to be the manliest.

But yeah, i give you that the torque is lacking a little bit, that makes launches easier but everyday driving a little bit more stressful since i have to rev more than with my old GT.

if your girlfriend doesnt drive a 500hp car, are you really a man?

Probably way more than you want to spend but Ford makes a 5.3 liter engine with forged internals and the block is the same as the 4.6 so it swaps easy.

m.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-6009-b53

Isn't that the shelby v8?

Might as well find a wrecked GT500 and pull the parts he needs. Swap the stock blower for a Kenne Belle Mammoth or something and make 800 rwhp

I think that's actually a livernois 5.3 stroker being sold through Ford Racing. Nice but a lotta $$$. It's just a bored & stroked modular based off the ford racing boss 5.0 iron block.

lol, thats definitely a lot of money to invest. Quick question though to anyone who can answer; Whats a safe limit of boost to have on the stock block? I've seen some places say 3-5 but others say 7-8, so I'm not really sure which to trust

Ford shills have infected Veeky Forums for a while now. Just report that shit.

The problem is that brandfagging infects culture so much that they don't have to pay people to shill, normies do it for free.

Depends on other stuff, not just boost pressure

If you wanna stay low boost and not loose your ass on forged internals that's cool but I would warn you that 4.6s are known to blow spark plugs out the block under even stock compression ratios. Happened in my Vic and f150

Even if that is true it's the 2v not the 3v