/chi/ Chicago General

>This thread is for residents of Chicago and surrounding suburbs

TWINGO EDITION

>Discord: discord.gg/013eqIytYCivV3rVE

SECOND MEET IS A GO
DETAILS HERE
i.imgur.com/bFUrSM6.png

WHAT ARE YOU BRINGING TO THE POTLUCK? MAKE SURE TO SIGN UP HERE
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ae17NL7JQqESvedOHqA0_QHQrcv-n0mRIXJhpRIbsIU/edit?usp=sharing

MAPQUEST ROUTE FOR THE CRUISE
mapq.st/291xQz6

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=grO8Px5J6TQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hello

Hi

hello

Sup guys.

hey

whats up

The sky LOL

Driving, , whatcha doin?

i just ate Chipotle
feels good man

So who has actual working-on-car skills in here? I'd love to bring my 70's Toyota, but I do not have the skills necessary to complete it in the time necessary.

>pic semi-related, not quite what it looks like currently.

holy shitmoley
i'd just bring it to a shop desu baka senpai

I.....wat.

>bring it to a shop

oh yeah, lemme just find a shop that will actually work on 70's Toyotas in mid-fucking-Wisconsin without charging $100+ an hour and talking about how shit it is the whole time

What the fuck do you guys know about the hat in wicker park?

>dat garlic beef and cheese fries

>the hat
never been there is it good

there are shops like that in WI, i have seen them.
but what does your car need?

some Puerto Ricans thought it'd be super cool to fucking cut the whole trans tunnel out of the fucker, (Supposedly for a 13b-T+ 5-speed swap that never happened) and then kept it. so I have it. but that's some structural shit, so I'm not taking my chances welding it myself.

Where is a good place to cruise in the western suburbs? The best I know of are Crescent Blvd. in Glen Ellyn/Lombard and route 25 along the Fox River. Any others?

western suburbs is a big place dude

Well if you like a certain road around there, just sound it off. I'll go far if it's worth it.

wow

Yeah, I mean, the rest of the shell was 6/10 which is better than my other 70's Celica shell.
>surprise: 1970's Japanese cars in the midwest are fucking rotten.
but I got it cheap because it had been sitting in a garage in Cicero for 13 years.

Medinah Road, by the country club, it's kinda leisurely for like a mile or two, then its all railroad and then woodfield mall oops

my friend literally works at such a shop.
They specialize in toyotas
he drifts cressidas and e86

Is it that even in the western suburbs

what is it with fucking peurto ricans and rotarys? fucking cunts ruin everything they touch
of course it was.

Where is this mystical shop?

Woodfield Mall is on Golf Rd you dumbass.

> Impersonating a Chicagofag. Thats Twenty years in a leaky Pinto.

none of that is Chicago dumbass

Route 59 if you like shouting at people, Route 56/Butterfield Road if you like TREEEEEEES, Route 38/Roosevelt Road if you like going real slow, Route 64/North Avenue if you like traffic, Route 34/Ogden Avenue if you like stupid drivers and gawking at supercars, Route 53 if you want a decent toll-free alternative to 355, Route 83 if you want to go...I dunno, crazy, and then Route 47 if you want to go way the hell out of your way just to go nowhere and get bagged by cops in Elburn. Out on the interstates, however, everybody goes fast, and on a good day most people will be zipping along on 88 at 70-80mph in the slow lanes. But even then, tolls suck.

That's actually right by my house. Maybe it is good and I've just grown numb. The backroads by the high school around there are good too because they have no curbs and no cops.
Medinah turns into Meacham and pretty much borders the mall.

the little twingo looks so hyped.

like it is conquering the world

It IS. one hon at a time.

how the fuck did that dude import a twingo

it is a mystery

Glad I'm in Colorado right now, every road is amazing. Pike's Peak neat

>Colorado
Yuropoor here.
Isn't that where you guys have those horror tornadoes in summer time?
I'd actually love to live there but those shits scare the hell out of me.

nah it's where we smoke weed
but tornadoes aren't a big deal since Colorado's on the rocky mountain line. It's plains areas like kansas that you need to worry more about.

Fuck that sounds good. I love the mountains and it looks beautiful there.

>consider moving to Colorado Springs
>google stuff about it
>check out maps
>turns out every road north, east and south of it is straight and almost every road west of it is dirt
>only consistently paved mountain roads are near Denver, which in return is cucked by emissions tests

>not registering your car in montana under an LLC

Buena Vista to the Taylor Resevoir is an amazing drive. The 306 to 209. About to head out there, gonna. Be driving them Twisties in a bit

What's weird is you get more tornadoes around here than you do in most parts of Colorado. I was just over by Fairdale, where they had that monster one back in 2015 that just leveled the town, and a good 1/3 of the place is still in pieces. I love cruising that road, though, that part of 72 gets really heavily wooded, and then when you get to Fairdale, even more than a year on you can still see the circular marks and the dead trees.

>Fairdale

God, no, not that Fairdale tornado.

Thanks for reminding me this footage exists.

Doesn't make it better that his wife was in the kitchen to that time and didn't make it.

youtube.com/watch?v=grO8Px5J6TQ

Scariest fucking tornado footage I've ever seen (and heard)

Glen Ellyn

just what's the name man cmon

Sadly, doesn't help. I'm up in mid-wisconsin

what are you fags doing for the 4th?
i'm lighting up some fireworks and then lighting up something else

Playing a game, fireworks or gunshots

going to bed early because I have to be in madison at 7
>feels bad

Does anyone like driving late as fuck with some comfy synthwave playing on the radio?

I don't really like comfy music late at night. I've fallen asleep at the wheel before.
Doesn't mean I won't be listening to good music, just usually high-energy stuff.

Page 10 save

Hi.

Hey

Sup

Chicago a shit

Hey. I'm in the middle of nowhere Colorado. Missing the city

I miss Colorado. The mountain roads kick ass out there.

bamp

I work in Glen Ellyn but live in Lombard it's kinda boring over here

ty pham

No one's interested lol

feels bad man

Think we can get at least 6 people to show up? Might call it off and organize something closer to town if not.

yes, hello, I'm from Chicago

what do you drive friend?

serious question - would you guys rather meet somewhere in town for an already "pre-organized" meet, like Strats, or is hitting some driving roads important?

a subaru outback

sounds comfy. are you a lesbian?

may b one day

They say they didn't like Strat's, and other preorganized meets for that matter, because it's hard to find each other. I heard one guy started yelling "user, user".

>be the only guy in friend group that is able to set up formalized hangouts and not just chilling at a bar
>finally someone suggests going to Arlington Race Track on the 4th
>tells us it's on Monday
>"yeah I'll keep you guys posted"
>wait all week for details
>try to sit back and let him do the work
>Sunday morning I decide to look it up
>the event was on Sunday
>it was way more expensive than he suggested anyway
>call him up
>"the race and fireworks are today, you dip"
>he replies "oh shit, why didn't you tell me? I can't go today"
I used to light shit at a friend's house, but he didn't come home from school this summer. I basically laid at home fantasizing about calling the cops on my neighbors like an asshole.

If I'm not doing anything on a Saturday night, I go for a cruise while listening to 101.1 when they're playing Electronic. I'm not even into that, but it reminds me of my glory days playing Need for Speed: Carbon.

well based on the interest i'm getting, new people don't seem to want to show up in geneva. too rural or something. If we met across the street from strats at the strip mall we may have less issues.

More. Colorado bs

I drive a fucking suv so I don't care about the roads, but I'll drive anyway

Honestly the route looks boring. what's out in Dekalb?? Might as well go to ottawa/starved rock area if we're driving all the way out into cornfields. Lots of forest preserves for the bbq after.

hm. Would you rather hardpark at Strats or would you rather drive? If so, would hitting LSD and 1am be something you'd like to do?

ANYONE ON POKEMON GO?

second

I'm up for anything. I like the whole drive/potluck idea and don't think a cruise from Joliet to Ottawa would be out of the question.I'm also fine with this route. Strats on weekend nights would be hard to park all together and not everyone can stay out cruising all night, I think we should keep this meet daytime no matter what we do.

Alright. Maybe I'll throw out a straw poll to see if I can gauge better interest.

Checking in from broken radiator town.

Bumpery boo

I miss moot :(

Bumparoooooo

Coloradofag here

can confirm

fucking lol, as user said it's where we smoke weed

Co Springs is fucking disgusting

The Front Range (Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins) is the only decent places to live if you like living in a city and having a social life and don't like lots of mexicans

The little mountain towns and mountains themselves are amazing though

5 minutes in any direction from mi casa there's incredible winding mountain roads hundreds of miles long

toegay 24/7

But don't move here please desu :^)

I've been on the black Mesa so far, awesome drive. Road up to flat tops in a 4x4, amazing view. McClure pass was neat. Now going to some hot springs.

Dinkoroooo