Why don't you own a 4wd?

Why don't you own a 4wd?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4JgAuz43Ji0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because I sold it ;_;

I do

Because i don't need it. It rarely snows where i live, and when it does it's no more then 2 inches. Ice isn't a huge problem either. Plus i'm not into offroading at all.

sold it, do not miss it even one day.

I do

Because I'm saving up

But I do, user.

I do but I'm too scared to off-road it.
I go on rough trails all the time in my 2wd pickup though. It has a limited slip rear end and actually does fairly well. I've never gotten stuck or felt out of my depth.

Is that a frontier?

>his truck doesn't have a v8
>his truck isn't 4x4
>he doesn't own a car as well

My outback sport handles enough for my needs lol

>he uses his pickup like an SUV

You don't need 4x4 or a V8 to move 20 tons of aggregate

>people automatically assume you need 4x4 for snow.
All you need is fwd
Besides you wouldn't drive in 4LO on snowy streets anyway sperg.

Because I drive a Honda :/

Yup

Called "King Cab" here, 2.5TD. Will probably buy one this month or in August

5WD is superiors

What country are you in mightybenz?

>Using 2+2WD instead of full time AWD

Not even once.

I own 3 though

>Sold his Jeep for a Volt
Bruh

ZD30>YD25

LOLWUT

That adobe house looks cool as shit. Where (city) is that?

Naw I bought the Volt a few months before I sold the Jeep. I sold the Jeep to buy stocks.

My beater.

96 4runner with only 120k original miles.

Norway, the prime country for lenient automotive taxation and sensible legislation

YD is more than enough for the King Cab as long as you get the crank bearing replaced, and anyways; has the King Cab/Navara/Frontier ever been offered with the ZD30?

Can you post more pics with that cap?
I'm looking into Tacomas

Hahahahahahahahahahahahha that's a good one mate

I will soon.

okay. I am not mechanically inclined, but I've been looking for a project car that is unique and will allow me to learn fixing cars and shit. one car I've been eyeing is a 1985 Landcruiser FJ60. would this be a good starter car for a noob like me? I assumed it would be because not many electronics at all and it is a pretty simple motor but I wanna hear your opinions. thanks

You are just replacing electronics for vacuum lines, they aren't too tough to work on but aren't the easiest either.

That's likely not adobe, the outer material is called stucco. Some houses in NM are made by adobe then covered with stucco but it's pretty uncommon these days.

Because 6WD

You think it would be a good start or should I look further? I'm a complete noob other than changing oil and spare tires. I figured grabbing a haynes manual and a toolset and i should be ok

>implying you own that
6/6 shitpost m8

why have four wheel drive when one wheel drive does it better?

youtube.com/watch?v=4JgAuz43Ji0

Didn't even open the video, but a trials bike by chance?
Anyway
>thatoldbastard posting something other than an Alvin in an off-road thread

Alvis, Alvin's a fuckin chipmonk
Alvis Stalwart!

and it Vespas off road on the vid

Because I live in South Texas, and I don't go mudding/off-roading.

> Inefficient
> Hard to park
> Can't fit through gaps in traffic
> Tires are expensive as fuck
> Shitty handling
> Unstable
> No need for one
> Literally no fucking need for one
> Would only ever consider owning one to use as a battering ram against slow drivers and bad parking

That might be worse

> Inefficient
> Hard to park
> Can't fit through gaps in traffic
> Tires are expensive as fuck
> Shitty handling
> Unstable
lolwut? Not every 4wd vehicle is a large truck or SUV

B-but I do.

6x6 is also available in non-meme form

Took a trip to Arctic Trucks Norway a few days ago.

And then, there is this

Sure thing

2/3

Why not have a v8, and 4x4 in a SUV

3/3

and my car

i do

I do

eye du

I see a rusty undercarriage on an otherwise okay ride

And a truck next to her

Ah, kek

>V8

>rusty
Heh cuz she's a ginger

CRV Swap, check out the K Sight

I do.

Nice. Specs?

Vortec 350, 4L80e, Spartan locked high pinion Dana 60, G80 AAM 10.5 FF 14 bolt, 4.88s, 37x12.50 BFG Bajas, 12 bolt H1 double beadlocks with PVC inserts.

Just finished installing Hooker long tubes, getting started on the rest of the exhaust this week. It's getting 2.5" duals with factory cats, summit 2 chamber mufflers, and an H pipe. Then welding the shock tabs on for the 14" Bilstein 5125s all around.

The amount of welding I needed done has finally made it worthwhile for me to go ahead and buy a welder. So when I get everything else finished up now I can build my own light cage for the roof basket and might start on my own bumpers.

Is it actually functional yet? Seem this project has been going for 5 years since you ditched the IFS and gave up on the Caddy front end.

It's functional, but not street legal yet. Since I started the SAS I've driven it to and from my shop multiple times and to other shops multiple times for steering and the rear bumper.

Everything I need to get it 100% functional and legal I either already have or is on the way.

I do but it's transmission has been kill for almost a year ;_;

And I don't know, I got it for only 500 so getting it rebuilt would be more than double what I paid but this little thing is so much fun

Why are used 4wd Tacomas so fucking expensive?

>Tacoma with no engine, transmission, wheels, radiator, driver's seat, and a blown fuel pump
>$8000 I know what I've got

Because they're the iPhone of the automotive world. There is ALWAYS a better option for half the price, but they're recognizable and alternative enough for a normie to buy one and falsely convince other normies that he/she is an enthusiast.

Why worry about it? Just buy something better for less. It's not worth complaining about.

WE DO

the little 2.6l that could o7

Are pic related any good for serious offroading

I want to travel Western Australia & Northern Territory, These are selling for around $7k AUD, turbo diesel below 200k kilometers.

Enjoy your electrical problems. At least it's not a v8 one though, fuck they are a bucket of crap. Why not just buy something that isn't a Jeep?

gonna get the new 2017 Taco TRD Pro when it comes out, can't wait!

Why didn't you go coils instead of leaves?

cost vs benefit.

The leaf hangers locate from factory holes in the frame and require no welding. The leaf springs I used ride great and provide a ton of wheel travel. In my case, the benefit of coils would be insignificant but they're require substantially more time, money, and effort.

If you're an Ausfaggot for that coin, look at similar era diesel Pajeros. Anything in that price range you'll be getting great condition NLs or earlier NMs with the 2.8. You may also find higher mileage NMs with the 3.2 DiD for that money.
I would bother with pre 2.8CRDi Jeeps.

Which is better Manuel or Automatic?

Good shitpost m8
>still gets replies

D22 Navara was offered in AUS with a ZD30. Was much more reliable than the ZD30 in the Y61 Patrol as the Navara unit was a rotary pump DI, conventional wastegated turbo and under a lot less stress than the variant in the Patrol.

YD25 isn't too bad in the D40's (Frontier?) but pretty pus in the D22. Pay particular attention to the plastic timing chain guides that fail and allow the timing chain to come off the timing gear set. And be aware that there is nothing happening below 2000 RPM, nada. On-boost and the motor feels very strong but in displacement mode until the turbocharger is doing it's thing, the YD is very soggy.

I had a D40 for a work car over two years and overall enjoyed it. Very spacious cab, and comfortable seating.

If that's a two-point-eight I would walk away quickly. A good friend attempted to drive from Townsville to Port Headland but only got about 2/3rd's of the way. I cannot remember the cause of the fault exactly, but over half of the rocker arms were snapped with many lunched valves. She broke timing for one reason or another.

Perfect service history etc etc etc. Gave up, bought a Landcruiser and is now somewhere down the bottom of Aus.

navara a shit
enjoy your engine that needs new main bearing every 50k km

arctic trucks is a meme
t. worked there

Sounds pretty unfortunate.
From what I've been digging up and reading the VM Motori 428 is a pretty stout little motor. Infact, one of the only reasons I'd be looking at something like a KJ Cherokee/Liberty is mainly for the motor (which is used in current Holden Colorados today).
I still wouldn't pass up something Japanese though.
>engine that needs new main bearing every 50k km
Nice shitpost m8

Because 4wd is for pussies who can't drive.

Because Volvo 850, That's why

>ive never driven on anything more than a recently scraped dirt road

The track after you've driven through it.
Good job, fuckhead.

I own land.
It would cost more to pave my driveway then it did to build your house.
In the rainy season, my mustang doesn't move out of the garage. If you don't have at least 33's and 4x, you're parking at the road and walking a half mile to my house.

rofl, faggot

m8 i could use 31s and have a leisurely stroll to your house

Tell me about it. Fucking britfags.

ive been really pondering getting a Land Cruiser, i just cant really decide which one i should get

FJ40 prices are insane, and being a car i would like to use regularly its seems like a horrible choice, but for the 50% of the time i drive it off road, it would be the best since its the shortest wheelbase

FJ60 prices are a bit expensive but not as bad as the FJ40s, i think they look the best, but for offroad use theyre worse than a FJ80, plus being carbeurated sucks for inclines

FJ80s seem to be the most capable, and the most comfortable, and prices are good, but theyre the least aesthetic to me. plus aftermarket is way better.

I know a one-off isn't the be all and end all, but damn did that throw a spanner in the works for his holiday.

Another good mate had a Colorado where everything but the engine failed, and if it's the same engine he seemed to like it enough.