Sup Veeky Forums

Sup Veeky Forums,
I need advise badly, I'm replacing my camshaft/lifters in my 05 jetta, but one of the lifters is very very stuck down. I'm a pretty big guy, 6'1 189 lbs, and with all my weight and strength I can't pry the thing out a millimeter. I have completely run out of ideas to get this thing out and I haven't found a single thing googling around for hours. Anyone see this happen before, or have an idea as to how I could get this out?
The pic is my car, i can give other pictures if necessary.

>jetta

Scrap it

use a slide hammer with the attachment for it.
for example pilot bearing remover

trust me, if I could afford it, I would. This thing has been a nightmare.

Im not too familiar with jettas but drilling a small hole in it and then putting in a screw will give you a better grip.

drilling into a lifter? those things are pretty hard bro

I don't have one unfortunately and also currently lack the ability to get a ride to harbor freight.

I saw a guy do that with a dremel, my dremel however wasn't strong enough to cut through

>not taking to a mechanic
You dun goofed.

taxi

>not capable of fixing things on your own
I like working on my car

that'd be like 50 bucks, which I'm stretched pretty thin on my Lowes outdoor lawn and garden job

I do too. Engine work is or anything difficult is not fun.

I come from a very do it yourself family and can't rationalize spending the extra cash, even though I knew this would fuckin suck

Aka I'm a poorfag

50 is too much? god your life sucks

no, my grandfather was a doctor, my mom's a nurse, my dad is a regional manager of a security company, I come from an upper middle class family, I just paid for my masonry school which was 7 grand, so I'm light on cash for now, but I've never really been poor.

This isn't a picture of your actual car is it?

atta boy, don't listen to these cucks who would willingly pay a mechanic to rape their car and their wallet

Have you tried penetrating oil? Shit gets anything moving.

it is my actual car

I didn't think of that, I'll give that a whirl

I hadn't used penetrating oil until I was working on a seized engine. Let me know how it goes; I've got a few more ideas if that doesn't work. I'll need more pictures though.

Why are you changing the lifters? My jetta ticks as well but if i don't hear it nothing is wrong lol. Is this the 2.0 ?

it's a 2.0, and this lifter has a fuckin hole in it and there's shredded metal in the box, can't leave Thai shit in there to cause more problems.

You'll make great money parting it out.

that*

I hadn't considered that

>it is my actual car
Mate that is 7 shades of fucked. The cam will be fucked too. You are more than likely going to have to pull the head and get someone hone that lifter bore, it's fucked.

I'm aware of all that but I have to get it the fuck off first.

Just pull the head. Youre going to have to anyway. If you insist on getting it out, try a spigot bearing puller. Looks like there is enough meat left for it to grab onto.

sometimes if u shock it with a torch then let it cool a little it will budge otherwise yeah maybe pull the head... go in from other side

>sometimes if u shock it with a torch then let it cool a little it will budge

This sounds like a superb way to soften and completely fuck an aluminium head.

>go in from other side
Yep, that'll be easy with the valve still installed which you can't get out because the fucking lifter is stuck in the head.

Diesel or 8v? If so, is yours california emissions equipped? Ive NEVER heard of an 8v breaking lifters unless the timing belt broke.

8v and no

I have to go buy something like that but don't have a ride unfortunately

I'm not going to torch it with oil and shit, I also can't do shit til I get the lifter out

you can mig weld something to it, bolt, pipe, dildo, etc.

>I have to go buy something like that but don't have a ride unfortunately

I wouldn't go any buy that on the off a chance it'd get it out desu. Remove head, get a mate/family member to take you to the machine shop, they will get it out and fix the bore at the same time. I had a similar issue with a 20v head I had rebuilt, bore was too tight and stuck a lifter, had to butcher the fuck out of a lifter and pulled the head to get the bore done anyway.

Not sure how much material you have to grab onto but I used vice grips to pull out several of my old stuck lifters.

that was one of my first attempts, this thing is lodged in this shit like king Arthurs sword.

I have the machinery to fix the bore, I can do almost all this shit myself, but I've been stumped to no end.

thanks user
I tried it, no love at all

Definitely this. I believe autozone rents them out

also thanks for the people actually trying to offer solution, I usually lurk on /b/ and I think that's a bad life choice, dudes are the least helpful people there.

really? that would be awesome, I don't wanna buy a 75 dollar tool and use it once