/hou/ - Big Plans. Big Ideas

PREVIOUS THREAD: boards.Veeky Forums.org/o/thread/15360861/

Bring us your humble, your meek, your huddled masses of shitboxes, yearning to be free. Whether ye be poor, or an aristocrat on high, welcome here ye be.

THE NEWS:
- /hou/ t-shirts are now now being seriously considered, just waiting on designs

- Dagumi and GS check out the $500 SC and have plans to revive it up

- Assetto Corsa server is now up thanks to Kartfag and the Waseinburgring track will be finished soon

- Dracula wasn't able to purchase the MB 6.9

- Instagram is slowly gaining traction

- /hou/ Coffee and Cars meetup was pretty good

- Some anons may purchase the Galaxie

- GS400 buys a supercharger kit

- I'm gonna kick your ass

Well that's it for now everyone, happy Fourth of July!

Links:

New to /hou/ or want some updates? Add yourself into the roster if you haven't already.
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Missed out on the meet? Check out the pictures then.
> dropbox.com/sh/9kqqo9iawlhqq0h/AADG1-wnZGAv22PqzoB4zZX4a?dl=0

Looking to play some vidya? Join our steam group
> steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan

Make sure you download the app "Zello" and join the H/o/u group.
This is our form of communication when on the road, it's a walkie talkie app for iPhone and Android.
> zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

Follow us on instagram
> instagram.com/hwatracing/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_instant_messaging_clients
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_instant_messaging_clients#Secure_messengers
telegram.me/houwat
radioddity.com/us/baofeng-uv-5r-sp-mic-136-174-400-480mhz-dtmf-ctcss-dual-dand-fm-ham-radio-2.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw7-K7BRCkkIH3t_WwoskBEiQAD8oY3tHebf_tvrAGvR5NkGvLw9W3cpfQcuv0xAYhBWEK1jEaAkXw8P8HAQ
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5633245370.html
dropbox.com/home?preview=MAH00015.MP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm good to see the Galaxie whenever you are, Dracula, it just has to be earlier in the day since they close early.

Im gonna get that supercharger returned and order it from jegs, they have the same thing and it ships 7/15 if i buy it now.

Like ive been back and forth with revs auto they keep saying we'll call you back and tell you how long the back order is(for the out of stock s/c) but they never do, i think im going to accept the refund they offered initially.

>wake up
>see this

Kek

We'll take over this city, one club at a time, one street at a time, this I promise to you my brethren. /hou/ will be the elite club car club of Houston.

Soon.™

Went to ALL TEAM BASH at fort bend county fair grounds. Mostly "stance nation" cars, but some cool lookin stuff there

What even is All Team Bash? Sounds like battle of the bands, but with cars.

Too busy today to run out to Pasadena and back.

Tuesday is better.

Do we have a place to store it?

So what do we want to do? Kik? Telegram? WhatsApp? IRC?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_instant_messaging_clients

face
book
(dot)
com
/events
/1003241319734620/

stupid spam filters

yep just got back
just some local back roads nothing special
its going to go on my el bumperino
but that appears to be the easiest way to do it

Well it's a lot to think about, many factors will determine what app to use. Can't speak for all but what I want is something that's not linked to my phone number, has a group chat capability, allows the share of media across the group, allows to contact single users from the group chat.

Yeah my buddy was at the team evasive tent, couple of other sonic bros won trifecta ecu tunes for 2 dollars lol. The MIKU GT86 was there too.

Next year we need a /hou/ tent. For maximum takeover.

Narrowing it down, I/we need something that has mobility, since we already use 4chins for standard desktop comms, and security/encryption should be a higher priority if we start gaining traction/attention for being an organized crime syndicate (in the eyes of the law).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_instant_messaging_clients#Secure_messengers

Checked out app availability for these, and the ones that don't seem like garbage are (in no order):

1. ChatSecure
2. Line
3. Signal
4. Telegram
5. WhatsApp
6. Wickr
7. Wire

--- insecure ---

8. Kik

it's nice because its a charity event and such.

also sorry it's the subaru version of the FRS not the GT86

I never understood people's obsession over Vocaloid.

Fucking itashas, I swear.

Yeah I saw it, those cars look dope as fuck. Some guy had a bunch of hentai stickers all over his side windows lol.

They don't even attempt to hide their power level. The other day I spotted a stanced 350z covered in hentai stickers all over the rear window.

Tried testing all of these.

>ChatSecure
A lot of options available.

>Line
Requires phone number verification, with an option to log in to Facebook. Would not consider.

>Signal
Phone number verification. Not as bad as Line, though.

>Telegram
Breddy gud.

>WhatsApp
SMS verification.

>Wickr
Seems good, but not sure about group capability.

>Wire
Account created with phone number.

>Kik
Shoddy in some ways, but easy to make an account and a group.

Open to suggestions.

Then in that case telegram seems the only logical choice. It has an easy UI like other popular chat messenger and is anonymous + encrypted.

telegram.me/houwat

3D pigs disgusting. 2D waifus only for me! lol

It requires a phone verification... I thought it didn't : /

I vote portable handheld ham radios for meet/secure comms

And retain zello for bantz and light comms and when we are trying to get assembled for a meet. Like say if two crew members want to get together and do some car searching or whatever,or if its a meet day and a bunch of old fags can get on with the new fags and we can all get organized/ fall in the rendezvous spot

I vote I'm a poorfag

You're waifu a shit.

SHIT

wat u say?

we should just do a group buy on that 5 pack dasuuu

I'd chip in.

What's the range on those? The indisputable pros of Zello are unlimited range, history callback, and no possibility of interference.

Wanna get the two pack(

Messages are easily interrupted

When you press the button and when you can talk are two different things.

It signs out in remote areas and struggles to sign back in on my phone

Anecdotes indicate a ten mile max range with these uv 5rs and 20-30 using an aftermarket antenna

Daguni and i have been getting like 1/4 mile tops out of my academy two way walkie talkies

Sure, I've got some cash on me. If you want to meet for a mini meet sometime later this week I can give you the money.

Ok cool. There seems to be an interest in a fireworks meet where can just blast some off relocate blast some more off and repeat like some nig nogs. We can get the money together and place the order using my reloadable card

That reminds me, I was going to suggest another line to add to the list of /hou/ mottos.

Divided we're poor, united we're rich.

At this rate we should start a channel of all our shenanigans, like Haggard Garage, only 500% less faggoty, and not really because filming legally questionable activities.

Im getting a sony hdr as20 today. My yt channel's already full of legally questionable activity

Isnt this why we got together? Beside finding other autistic auto enthusiasts to click with. I cant even begin to mod another car because im modding my gs but with dagumis help the reality is we are going to not only purchase another car but have a tt sc400 on our hands in a couple of months

radioddity.com/us/baofeng-uv-5r-sp-mic-136-174-400-480mhz-dtmf-ctcss-dual-dand-fm-ham-radio-2.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw7-K7BRCkkIH3t_WwoskBEiQAD8oY3tHebf_tvrAGvR5NkGvLw9W3cpfQcuv0xAYhBWEK1jEaAkXw8P8HAQ

I found this one. Idk if it comes with more stuff but it's $10 more

Sure, I'll start using Zello.

If we do a meet, it'll have to be sometime later this week. I'm going to be attempting to cook with my dad tomorrow, and I take the final part of my GED on Tuesday. Wednesday - Saturday I seem to be clear.

I know this is a bit selfish, but I have to pick up some things at Primary Arms in Pearland. If we did some form of meet I don't know if we'd be able to cruise through there or something. There's plenty of good places to eat along the way if we want lunch or dinner.

Should we have a hou yt channel that trusted people can upload to? I dont think its smart to upload things to your personal account

We could do that. All the videos would be private and/or unlisted so people with the links can still view them, but we evade reports or takedowns.

Might be for the best. Although I would caution from uploading anything that's truly illegal, even publicly. If you want to share high-speed runs, just do it via Mega.

>even publicly

Privately. Never know who might share the link with who.

We live towards the same side of town, so it shouldn't be too bad. If anyone's got a tarp I can use, I know of a few places to keep it.

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5633245370.html

That's down by me. Could be fun.

other focus user here, might be buying a 2014 5.0 sometime soon. might go test drive a few other cars before making my final decision but i really go my eyes set on a mustang. also test drove an fr-s just for fun, what a shit car. i thought the memes about it being slow weren't true, but holy fuck man they were

>Toyobarus
>ever

Good thing that gray BRZ left as quickly as he came at the first meet.

im pretty confident it wasn't built for fast. Much like my econobox.

Yeah, I'm with Turbo Snail. Complaining the GT86 doesn't have enough power is like complaining the AE86 doesn't have enough power. It just isn't relevant.

The difference is, with the AE86 it didn't have any pretentions about being fast, you looked at it, and you didn't expect it to be. The Toyobaru has some tryhard sporty styling that's misleading. There may be some subconscious expectations at play.

i know the toyobaru isnt made for speed, but it still didnt seem worth the 20k. im sure any econobox with some suspension mods can be just as good or close to an 86. gonna test drive a 3.8 genesis coupe in a few days, it seems like a in between car compared to the 86 and mustang

When I test drove the Genesis Coupe I never felt like I enjoyed it. Not nearly as much as almost everything else on the market.

Maybe because in the back of my head the word "Hyundai" was bouncing around.

I love my slow as shit little sonic, it's a 21k dollarrydoo car but if you just wait a few years and buy one that was a rental or spare or something like i did, you can probably drive it off the lot for less than 14k. I figure the FRS has higher resale value since it's the Mr.Potatohead of toyo's but still...

I can pick up TDCJ signals from more than ten miles, although clear signals have to be around five miles or less.

Any T-Shirt designs?

I'm not really sure what kinda layout should we want, as in small text small logo, or a have a huge logo on the front or back. I kinda like having a small logo and small text, makes it look more "professional" I guess, if you look at motor-sport mechanics they usually have those kinds. It will be cool if we wear the same shirts, especially if we go to events together and stuff.

wat do

Roman candle in pooper

Not what I was thinking, maybe will look better with inverted colors and the /hou/ logo on the left or right side of the chest instead of the middle.

+1

one of those things are going into your butt hole

Any wsm members browsing?

>A/C pro

You can smell the lube warming up in OP's montrose apartment

That's not Houston's humidity....RAPE IS IN THE AIR

An alternator?

lol

Why the fuck would I live in Montrose, not that I could afford it anyways.

new guy

As /hou/ grows more, it will attract a large amount of normies, it's bound to happen.

True.

Maybe once we reach a certain threshold we should start privatizing.

Then it wont be an Veeky Forums group just some fag uppity private car club

Perfect
Then we can just circle jerk

We don't want a closed group or only people who were "the first ones". None of that shit. /hou/ consists of many type of breeds, we got people with various skills, together we can work on things, bring newer ideas whether good or bad. Any restriction might stop that from happening. I think the best thing that could happen is that when people from outside of Veeky Forums realize how our mindset is, they will either join us or be left behind. Right now it's just about taking over this city, there are a few good clubs out there but most of them are quite generic that lack a purpose. For one thing I know, we will play an important role in the history of this city's car scene. This I promise to you my brethren.

That's not what I meant, but I couldn't really find a way to clarify my wording, so I suppose it doesn't matter.

I agree with what was said, regardless.

I think we're the only underground, grassroots automotive movement in the city with any real potential.

I think you're vastly underestimating how many car clubs a city the size of Houston has.

Oh, did you mean start making some cash from it? Perhaps create a business? When /hou/ becomes really big, we can start merchandising shit, create custom stuff, even small things for vehicles a bit like Non-Stop Tuning does. They sell T-Shirts, GoPros, Pulleys, Shift Knobs, and other car related things. In order for that to work, we will really need to up our game since we'll be then going against the big boys.

From what I can tell, most likely, I haven't seen an ambitious group to emerge and grow as quickly before, most of the car clubs in Houston are more about meet and greets but there is something special about us other than the autism.

The serious car clubs in Houston are either for the really rich or they are extremely closed.

>there is something special about us other than the autism.
New slogan right there

You got that right

Quality, not quantity. As has been said, there's thousands of clubs out there, but none of them with any real motive or purpose. Normie forum clubs that just meet up to circlejerk about their single generation of model or a certain class of car aren't really of interest to me, and I know others that feel the same.

Of course there are public events like Cars and Coffee, Concours, big name shows for the spectator facet, and you have your standard track days, autocrosses, drag strips, and drift events for the participation facet, but there's a particular void somewhere between the two ends of the spectrum that I think we fill, which I can only readily compare to the likes of the Mid Night Club. It's like enthusiasm, elevated. We collectively enjoy and celebrate our subject of interest by actively engaging in it in the freest (monetarily; no one pays admission fees like at track events), and most open (no snooty club or car requirements) way possible.

In these ways, I think we differ from nearly all comparable ventures in a good way. Our goal is to become legend.

>inb4 HPD Streetracer Crackdown 2: Electric Boogaloo

>tfw don't even have much time to browse Veeky Forums anymore
>tfw almost exclusively browse /hou/

Im talking about letting more people in not closing it off. I believe that would be the circle jerk

This club is pretty unique. It's purist in how you pretty much only have to like cars to join. Yea, the Japanese Sc300, GS400, s2k, 240sx, and other JDM cars give us more rep, but it's cool how we have many people such as myself with more daily driver cars that are welcomed as well. The group has a very diverse mix of car lovers and a diverse range of mechanical ability. I hope the club sticks to that simple criteria of only liking cars and you can fit right in. There's racers and cruisers but everyone can find a place to fit in. A lot of that is credit to the very dedicated members like Gs, SC, Dagumi, gti, and s2k

At last... Its a bitch to line up the holes to thread the bolt through the body, but i got r dun

Guys the AC sale ends in 45 minutes. Should I buy it?

Its N ok game but it makes you shell out 5 bucks if you want the nurburgring nordschliefe

I only bought it to one day be able to simulate 149

Yeah that's the only reason I want it but I'm not sure if that's worth $20

Meant to say, you've got a badass wangan sticker. w2c?

short answer no its not worth 20 just to simulate 149, but the rest of the game is worth it, but it seems like a 13 year old made the menu interface and it has the feel of a fanmade or budget made game.

skip to 2:30

dropbox.com/home?preview=MAH00015.MP4

I think I found some good settings to stick with

Delivered.

I feel as if I'm missing something though.