Just bought this for $30 ~ how'd I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/2011/09/12/dr-gregers-2011-optimum-nutrition-recommendations/
draxe.com/brown-rice-protein-powder/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You did bad

All of it is going to expire before you finish it

Exactly what I was thinking. Too much fruit. I would have bought onions and potatoes which last much longer.

your farts are going to smell awful. $30 well spent

I buy like this all the time.

Cook it all in a big pot, chuck it in the freezer.

Will last months that way.

my flatmate does this all the time, can't open the fridge without his shitty pans falling out. taking up all the damn shelves. faggot.

anyway, buy potcoin

no meat? you're not one of them faggots, are you?

>can't open the fridge without his shitty pans falling out
Tell him to let it cool down, put it in containers, and in the freezer, not the fridge.

Badly.

You bought low variety in foods.
You bought it all overpriced.
You're going to actually need to consume more than usual if you don't want to waste stuff.

Don't you eat any meat for protein, faggot?

Where's the beef you candy ass faggot?
>0/10

Not pictured is two tri tips for $60 and a half pound of salmon for $120

Kek at the plebs commenting on your 'food'.

do you mix all this in a pot and cook it?

for breakfast i had an egg with hashbrowns.

for lunch i had 2 small zuccini,some broccoli, and some yam.

50% vegetables - 25% fruit/starchy vegetables 25% protein
master race diet. The only reason my breakfast was mostly starchy carbs and protein was because i ate out with family because of a wedding.

>half pound of salmon for $120
Nigga literally what the hell. Stop that.

Freeze some of it and it won't go bad

Kek at everyone who thinks you need more than 80g of protein a day.

Only if you want muscle.

You and your flatmate have a lot in common

it's 2016 bro we got science now you don't have to display this level of ignorance anymore.

you're not gonna make it friend.

>tfw spent 950$ a month on food before learning how to budget and cook for myself

I am really embarrassed

what were you buying?

If it wasn't for stew I make with vegetables and meat I dig out of garbage, I would fucking go hungry, and be living on a nutrient deficient diet. I'm a broke NEET. Stew is the best food in the world. Easy, simple, tasty, nutritious. Can't beat it.

Are you Chinese?

That's about € 12.- worth of produce.

Most likely truffle butter

>half pound of salmon for $120
wat

I included a lot of eating out but honestly mostly junk food and fast food like an idiot

That's £14 of food or something, so quite badly.

Nothing wrong with that, so long as the food is good.

Today's haul: $23.11

The nuts and cayenne pepper in the bottom right is $11.10 of that though.

these are not bad.. need more meat tho.. but cant complain

>haul thread
>no meat anywhere

>All these "muh meat" in this thread
>Not avoiding at least beef so cows can grow older and dairy products can go down in price

I don't like wasting my money on economically inefficient animal based products, sempai-tachi.

>buying almonds and cashews
>calling meat economically inefficient

Milk cows aren't the same as beef cows.

i love meat, but i kinda wanna go vege for health reasons.. any good meat substitutes that wont leave me feeling hungry?

Go on, show me the math taking into account all the relevant nutritional and health factors, both in terms of nutrients and toxins, and related medical data showing long term effects.

And before you start, just keep in mind I only eat a handful of the stuff a day, and not for the protein.

To be honest I don't get why people consider meat to be something that is so filling.

Most cases it is simply people not understanding what they are eating, and then eating a kind of veggie that is low calorie, like spinach, instead of incorporating high calorie veggies like grains, pulses and tubers.

If you are serious about your health, start here: nutritionfacts.org/2011/09/12/dr-gregers-2011-optimum-nutrition-recommendations/
You can browse the rest of the website about topics of interest.

Otherwise, if you aren't yet prepared to change your dietary habits so drastically, you would have to start looking at various meat substitutes in stores and try them out. I hear they differ quite a bit, so I can't help you there, I don't buy them. The closest I get is just buying plain beans and cooking them, much cheaper.

>tfw flyover state buy delicious ribeye new york sirloin from cows i literally saw walking around the day before

does your mom know you're gay?

Are you Chinese? Looks like the ingredients for some Chinese dish and a weak fruit salad.

Any good vegetable proteins for someone allergic to legumes?

Man that must suck, I fucking love legumes. Beans, lentils, chickpeas, peanuts... oh my~

Pretty much all nuts and seeds have good to decent protein levels, although legumes do take the cake.

Starchy grains such as rice, wheat, barley, corn, quinoa; oily seeds such as sesame, sunflower, flax, chia, poppy, pumpkin; nuts such as macadamia, cashew, brazil, almonds, walnut, pistachio.

All these should be able to provide you with enough protein. The starchy grains, sunflower and flaxseed should be the cheaper options.

Unfortunately, as you already probably know, peanuts are a legume, which is a pity, it is a

Most other veggies have protein in ratios roughly corresponding to the percentage you require, just being low calorie means it is has lower macro nutrients in general, and a lot of water, so by volume you'd have to eat a lot.

None of this should be a problem unless you are a hardcore athlete that do intense exercise at least 3 times a week.

>Unfortunately, as you already probably know, peanuts are a legume, which is a pity, it is a
...great source of protein for the price and taste.

Yeah, I'm good with seeds and stuff, but Beans and Peanuts make my throat swell up.

I need to get tested again though, because I was told that I'm also alergic to tree nuts, and I don't think that's the case anymore. (I eat things that can contain tree nuts, And It doesn't bother me.)

It really limits my protein bar and trail mix options. I just want something filling to replace breakfast or snack on before lunch so I don't overeat later.

If you specifically want to emphasise protein without having it come packaged with lots of other macros, it seems there are things like rice protein powder: draxe.com/brown-rice-protein-powder/

Look around, might be other ones, I don't have these problems so I never investigated the options. I always prefer whole foods whenever possible.

If you truly have both legume and nut allergies, which sounds like a rather rare combo, and you exercise a buttload(most people grossly overestimate their protein requirements in general), perhaps it might be too difficult for you to stick to purely plant based sources.

>any good vegetable proteins?

no. animal proteins blow them out of the water if:
you are a man
you want to be healthy
you want to build muscle
you want to not lose muscle

on top of all this your allergic to the best shitty types of protein. just drink whey or eat meat/eggs like normal people.

>you are a man
Or so insecure that other's opinion of you determine your sense of self worth.
>you want to be healthy
Plants based diets win hand down compared to omnivorous diets when it comes to health. Lower cardiovascular disease, cancer rates, neuro degenerative disease, metabolic disorders. All of these are right there at the top of the leading causes of death.
>you want to build muscle
This is true. Animal based foods tend to cause higher levels of growth hormones, like IGF-1, which play a role in promoting an anabolic state. Unfortunately, cancer cells love this shit too. Most body building take anabolic steroids anyway, so health isn't something they really think about, or think about rationally.
>you want to not lose muscle
Only if you are calorically deficient or stop exercising. The former only happens to idiots, the latter to faggots.

Basically just cook stews and use beans instead of meat and learn how to use spices

This is something I cook at least once a week

>One can lentils
>Half can diced tomato
>A few handfuls of frozen mixed vegetables
>Fresh ginger and garlic to taste
>2 tsp crushed chili flakes
>2 tsp curry powder
>Salt and pepper to taste

Cook the ginger and garlic in oil for a few minutes and then toss everything else into the pot. Heat on medium for 30 minutes and serve over rice.

I meant plant proteins are bad for men because they relate to lower testosterone.

2nd point is just untrue. even the studies claiming a fraction of these things say no causation is proven.

Living causes cancer. Your logic is "If I remove all DNA from my body I won't ever get cancer. Why aren't more people doing this?"

you will absolutely lose muscle mass, tone, and strength if you stop eating meat, eat tdee, and still work out. because plants are incomplete proteins and animals are complete.

Since when is eating meat unhealthy? Never, it's just a hype lower the meat production because it's unsustainable because of the amount of humans on earfth.

Get a good piece of meat, chew it good and eat a lot of veggies with some oil around it. 3problem" solved.

The Tofu causes low T myth was busted a long time ago.

Lets see OP
You bought the following:
Kiwi's
Beans
Ginger
Red cabbage
Chinese Cabbage x2
Tangerines
Brown button mushrooms
leeks
Cabbage x2
Cauliflower? x2
pack of unidentified shit x2
Apples
bean spouts
Aubergines? x3
More unidentified shit.

Great, we can't really tell how you did.
No amounts, no clear item names, not clear if organic or not.

But you did very bad, I can tell already, with that amount of money I could have bought that amount of food twice, maybe 3 times depending on some of your products.

Don't buy leeks if you don't eat them fresh. Waste of money, you will barely taste it and if you boil it all together it won't give that much nutrients anyways. Just use onions or something.