Why would you prefer a V8 over a V6? They make less power and weigh more...

Why would you prefer a V8 over a V6? They make less power and weigh more. What's the point unnecessary weight if you're trying to create a lightweight vehicle?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost_engine
autoblog.com/2016/03/02/radical-rxc-turbo-500r-geneva/
autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/radical-unleashes-its-fastest-road-car-yet-geneva-show
horsepowerkings.com/sources-2017-ford-gt-will-weigh-around-2900-lbs-could-cost-around-400000/
media.caranddriver.com/files/saleen-s7-twin-turbosaleen-s7-twin-turbo-specs.pdf
f150hub.com/specs/ecoboost.html).
trucktrend.com/how-to/engine/1213tr-vortec-5-3l-big-bang/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_918#Specifications
topgear.com/car-news/motorsport/ford-nürburgring-times-are-rubbish
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>they make less power

They don't weigh more.

>Ford 3.5L EcoBoost
>450 lbs
>over 700 HP
>over 675 LB ft torque

>Chevy LT4
>529 lbs
>650 HP
>650 lb ft torque

>15377883
That's right

I don't use either. I have a v10

What car does that come in?

Forced induction puts the V6 ahead of the V8. NA against NA, the V8 wins.

LSx is lighter and smaller, but that's more a consequence of OHV being a simpler design than OHC.

Ford GT.

Which is funny because everyone including ford is saying it will only be around 600hp

OHV makes less power than OHC

ford is just lying to keep the competition in the dark

>cherry picking

The average production V6 is far less powerful than the average production V8. It's also much cheaper to get a lot more power out of a V8.

but besides the ecoboost

weighs less though (assuming the same materials are used)

It's also lighter and more compact than OHC. From the factory I'd prefer OHC, but if I'm swapping something into a 944 shell it'll be a LS1.

the weight advantage isn't as significant as the power advantavge

Does that ecoboost include the extra weight for the turbos and their plumbing

You know, you can put a turbo or blower on a V8 also?

The LT4 is already superchargered.
No, but neither does the LT4 engine.

have we seen what an LT4 can do under turbo boost yet? I'd expect some tuning house is trying.

V4 > all
Drunk nazis ftw

boomers

Citation needed, citation needed, and citation needed.

Also, unit cost of both please, while you're at it.

That woukd be the most retarded marketing strategy I've heard of.

>>V6 makes more power

Come on now, a V8 makes more power and makes more power from forced induction methods as well. I'm saying this as a huge, huge 2JZ and RB26 faggot fanboy too.

Pic very related. You just can't compete. His engines are retarded in both performance AND price.

a V8 is also a slightly heavier and more thirsty package compared to its V6 equivalent and will probably lose lemans no matter how many drag races it dominates

yet they are slower than cars equipped with v6s

>450 lbs
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost_engine

>over 700 hp
autoblog.com/2016/03/02/radical-rxc-turbo-500r-geneva/

>take V6
>add 2 extra cylinders to the front
>car gets slower
No.

Yes, fuck off, retard. All V8's do is add unnecessary unsprung weight.

yes

besides you are a furfag, why aren't you gassing yourself

>unsprung weight.
now thats a bait

>moving goal posts

ok, we weren't talking about Le Mans given OP's post but cars in general, if you want to talk about Le Mans I guess the V4 dominates all

Sure, due to emission regulations cars have had to downsize to the V6. If we take into account slapping turbochargers / superchargers and sheer power NA, the V8 wins.

Look at some of the stupidly dumb engines Nelson has churned out.

>inb4movinggoalpostsagain

>the V8 wins.
lol

>moving goal posts

ok, we weren't talking about Le Mans given OP's post but cars in general, if you want to talk about Le Mans I guess the V4 dominates all

>still adds unnecessary weight
>no argument except "hurr durr bait!!"
lol, v8 cucks
>V8 wins
Except they don't, they weigh more adding unnecessary weight thus making slower lap times.

>slower lap times
>>Why would you prefer a V8 over a V6? They make less power
>>They make less power
>>less power
>no where did this bring up lap times of production cars

This is why when older posters say this board was great, I don't believe them for a second.

sure so that makes v8 more obsolete.

There's literally 0 reasons to use a v8 in the year of our lord 2016, unless you're a retard

>has literally no argument
V8s do nothing but slow a vehicle down with unnecessary weight, deal with it.

What source do you have stating the LT4's weight? Is it dry or wet weight, including or not including ancilliaries? Superchargers are usually counted as dry weight, turbo's sometimes aren't.

>Radical RXC Turbo 500R
>3.5 Ecoboost V6
>600hp
>465 lbft

Does not match your previous statement of
>over 700 HP
>over 675 LB ft torque

Oh, this is a Ford bait thread.

You got me good.

>600 HP
It's 700 HP you dumb cuck.

Are we reading the same article? Clearly says 600 on my end of the internet.

Go ride the bus

Its not about benchracing and HP figures

Its sound and feeling that matters.

And V8 wins in both

Oops! My bad! That article doesn't include exact manufacturer specifications. Here's the correct one:

autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/radical-unleashes-its-fastest-road-car-yet-geneva-show

>muh feels
>muh soul
>muh passion

t. toyocuck

lol, anyone who choses sound over performance is a moron

Ford GT
>Made in 2017
>Twinturbo Ford V6
>Direct and indirect injection
>DOHC
>~2890lbs
>~630HP

Saleen S7
>Made in 2005
>Twinturbo Ford V8
>Indirect injection only
>Pushrod OHV
>2968lbs
>750hp

So it took Ford 12 years, several millions worth of R&D and major advances in structural materials to make a car that is 70lbs lighter, with a 120hp deficit? Sounds like V6 just can't compete.

Sources:
horsepowerkings.com/sources-2017-ford-gt-will-weigh-around-2900-lbs-could-cost-around-400000/
media.caranddriver.com/files/saleen-s7-twin-turbosaleen-s7-twin-turbo-specs.pdf

It's actually 700 HP, try again, cuck.

>indirect injection

>"""source""""
>horsepower kings

Why would you take a V8 or V6 over a V4?

I have the biggest hate boner for her

And if someone complains it's an invalid comparison:
A 2017 car should be better than a 2017 car, both are twinturbo, the Saleen even lacks direct injection (which can make more power), and pushrod engines generally do no produce more power than a DOHC equivalent.

Also, boost pressure on the saleen is 6 PSI (~0.4 Bar). Boost pressure on the stock 3.5 Ecoboost is 12PSI (f150hub.com/specs/ecoboost.html). If boost scales linearly from 365 to 600HP, then 600 HP would require almost 45 PSI (3 Bar) - and that's assuming the air won't get heated as it compresses. Can you turn the boost up on 45PSI? Sure, but doing so on 6 is a lot safer, and yields more rewards.

Nice specs of the Ford GT you've got there. Also, 750 > 700.

Post a better source on the power and weight of the Ford GT then. Half the internet is saying ~2900lbs and 600+hp (including Ford).

It's going to have over 700 HP.

>muh horsepower kings
It isn't a reliable source, stay mad

0/10 dont make it so obvious next time

but turbo big blocks make so much power weight is meaningless

i dont know why you'd shill for ford, there quality deparment has been huffing fumes the last 20 years. sure the engines alright, but when the car literally falls apart around it, it doesn't seem worth it.

>It's going to have over 700 HP.
>citation needed

A Radical isn't a Ford.

Post a more reliable source then, one that actually applies to the Ford GT.

Read the article you stupid cuck. It's literally facts about the specs. It's the same engine, stay mad.

>autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/radical-unleashes-its-fastest-road-car-yet-geneva-show
>autoblog.com/2016/03/02/radical-rxc-turbo-500r-geneva/

>It's the same engine
>new turbos
>new intercooles
>forged pistons
>hand-finished headers
>retuned ECU

>It's the same engine

It's nto the same engine Ford made, and it's not the engine Ford will put into the GT. Now, if you have some actual specs on the GT, that'd be interesting.

>slight modification
>no! it doesn't count!

It's the same engine, stay mad.

>>new turbos
>>new intercooles
>>forged pistons
>>hand-finished headers
>>retuned ECU

>slight modification

>same block
>same displacement
>hurr durr it's totally different!!!!!
Stay BTFO, cuck.

>same block
>same displacement
So pic related is a ''slight modification'' in your eyes? Also, who says it's the same displacement if they changed the pistons?

Still no source on the actual Ford GT, by the way.

They're testing an engine you stupid fuck. Of course it looks different. It's still the same engine. Stay mad cuck.

So you agree that, using slight modifications, an Ecoboost V6 will only make 700hp, while a V8 will reliably make 1000+hp, with a peak output of 1300hp?

trucktrend.com/how-to/engine/1213tr-vortec-5-3l-big-bang/

yet radical is using the ecoboost for their fastest production car ever

really makes you think

Yet it's still slower around a track

>moving goalposts

You're the only one moving goalposts. You were just throwing a tantrum here

the thread is about hp/lb within a determined power goal

radical determined an ecoboost was better than a turbo iron 5.3

Wait, so actually asking for the output of the Ford GT, and not getting a proper answer, is moving goalposts? How in the hell can you compare a Radical to Ford?

Hp/lb within a determind powergoal is just weight.

>radical determined an ecoboost was better than a turbo iron 5.3
Doesn't have to be an iron block, could be aluminium. Also, Radical never even tried.

>Radical never even tried.
they would have if they didn't know before hand tha the ecoboost was better

It's the same engine, you dumb cuck. Stay mad.

>while a V8 will reliably make 1000+hp
You can build an ej25 to make 1000hp, whats new?

Apparently Radical can't build an Ecoboost V6 to over 700hp, that's new.

You do realize that sacrificing fuel efficiency, emissions, and reliability for absolute maximum power output is a stupid idea

a big block will do it on stock internals, open up the piston rings and maybe do a little headwork if you want extra reliablity.

an ej25 will do it on a full forged custom block, with a turbo so huge it'll have the powerband of a twostroke and have the reliablity of a twostroke

yet top tier time attack cars have small engines with big turbo engines like the ej instead of big blocks

really
makes
you
think

>with a turbo so huge it'll have the powerband of a twostroke
But i thought peak power numbers were all that mattered? isnt that what the shitposting is about?

turbo big block will still make higher peak, and be more drivable

top tier drag racing cars have huge engines with huge turbos, only makes me think of the wasted potential of not combining the two.

>car simply can't put the power to the ground
>spins everywhere
>loses to a smaller engine with a smaller power output

I don't know, man. I'm still not convinced on this whole ecoboost thing...

k

That's from the 2013 WEC Shanghai round where the fuel rig caught on fire.

The car -- and the V8 -- were fine.

All things equal, of course they weigh more.

Let's see a Naturally aspirated v6 that can compete with a porsche Naturally aspirated v8.

Thought so, you can't find one, because the 918's v8 makes more power per ci than any other v8 or v6 as a production engine without resorting to forced induction.

Pic highly related, you fucking summerfags.

You are not le ebin troll for pointing out turbos make an engine good, you are new and making yourself look like idiots when you fail to remember the ford GT did not pioneer turbos, porsche, audi and the r32 GTR all have far greater racing victories thanks to turbos.

Lurk moar, acting like a retard is not good trolling, it just makes you a retard.

Why Venom GT, McLaren F1, 1:ONE and Regera have V8 and not V6?
Yeah, that's what i thought. Fuck you OP

Oh and for the record...

>Porsche v8
>297.624 lbs
>608hp
>528nm

An engine that weighs HALF your ecoboost is matching it on power.

Let me know when you can compete with porsche, picking on GM is pathetic, you ford faggots are like the schoolyard bully who can't ever stand up to his dad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_918#Specifications

>assblasted your v8 can't keep up
>makes excuses instead
>mclaren f1
>V8
wat?
>half
No.

>still has less torque
>has to rev unnecessarily high to make said torque
trash

Oh god i am laffin

It's gotten to the point where i HOPE these faggots are getting paid by ford at least and not doing it for free.

I like the ford GT, but you niggers are just as bad as GTR fanbois. The car is good, but you losers won't ever own one and have zero technical understanding of what you're talking about.

Hold on, hold on, are you actually suggesting the Ford gt can beat a 918?

The delusion gets better and better!

>Spoiler: There's no way in fucking hell you'll ever outperform a Porsche

>Implying it can't

>V8 can't keep up

So where's ford's sub 7 minute green hell lap?

Oh right, you can't get one?
Come shitpost some more when you come close to the prestige porsche has in the racing community.

Picking on GM is easy, but you have zero argument against a 918.

Are you at least getting paid mate?

It's pretty sad to be defending the GT against a 918, no matter how much you think it's trolling, acting like a retard and smearing cake on your face only makes you look like a retard.

We're all pissing ourselves.

PS: GM is shit

>I can't read: the post

It actually can. Stay mad, cuck.
They already set a faster time than the 918 around the ring.
Yes, it is sad. The 918's performance is pathetic.

No, they have not.

Infact, ford REFUSES to run the green hell.

topgear.com/car-news/motorsport/ford-nürburgring-times-are-rubbish

This conversation's done, you cannot link source of their time beating porsche, so we're just going to laugh at you while you keep acting like a retard smearing cake over your face.

Source?

The Radical SR8 LM is faster than a 918 around the ring. The Radical RXC Turbo is faster than any previous radical. Thus it means the EcoBoost is faster around the ring.

Stay mad, cuck.

>rage quits because porsche V8's can't compete
kek
see above