OR BEST OFFER

What does the phrase O.B.O (Or Best Offer) in an ad mean to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

hotrod.com/cars/featured/0905phr-1963-pontiac-tempest-super-duty/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're open to lowballs.

Delete this thread now. That pic made me cry....

Why?

Don't want to give you a hard time. Genuinely wondering.

offering 25% below asking price

Depends on the car, but it usually means they'll round down (i.e. if they're asking 26,500, they want 25,000)

Because I love classic cars regardless of what company. That corvette is pure sex.

It's like that abandoned NSX pic. Makes me cry internally.

It's fine, it eventually got saved.

I don't know what happened to that specific car but i'm almost sure it will get restored if it hasn't already. And i can almost guarantee millions of dollars will change hands until someone who truly loves it has it in their garage.

Cars like that don't stay junk forever. The only thing that makes me sad is that i will never be able to justify the going price of such a car or even a pile of rust carrying its name on a craigslist ad.

;_______;

It means come look and make an offer. You won't offend them by making an offer. They want it gone. It's paid for. They have something else that has already replaced it.

What kind of idiot do you have to be to own a car like this and let it rot?

The only acceptable excuse to this is the owner died.

shut up

means lowballers are welcome, bring cash and get it out of my sight

>What does the phrase O.B.O (Or Best Offer) in an ad mean to you?
"I am a huge faggot please rape my face"

I assume all used items posted to general classifieds are obo. Unless you have a very specific model or item, people selling who aren't willing to negotiate on items with objective pricing are assholes.

This eases my heart, thank you.

nice qt

They know the car is worth a lot less than they are asking.

He'll take any reasonable offers. He just wants it off his driveway/garage.

This is what will happen to most supercars owned by sandniggers with too much money.

What does "give me an offer" and doesn't post a price mean to you?

Stop being a pussy. Do your research, find out how much a normal one is worth, how much a broken one is worth and make an offer based upon those figures + how much less you can shave off and then minus some money.

They want it gone, show you know what time it is and you can walk away with a deal that makes both people happy.

That's not an F40

This.
Dare I say it, that looks like a Fiero.

Opposite boomer story
hotrod.com/cars/featured/0905phr-1963-pontiac-tempest-super-duty/
>guy puts "part car" on ebay for $500 no reserve
>a few people realize what it really is
>sells for $226k

There is this FD in my neighborhood that's been sitting in someones backyard for 10+ years, here's a shitty street view shot of it.

it means he priced it 10% higher than what he'll sell it for

It means if they post what they actually want for it nobody will respond because it's way too much.

You mean this one?

Nah, it's some sort of weird Dodge Stratus.

63 split window is pretty close to the Holy Grail Vette. Seeing one like that is just sad. And I'm not even a Vette guy....but that car needs to be rescued.

I would fix up everything but the body and leave it at that.

It means he might take something in trade too, be it a lawn mower (how I almost bought a Tsi conquest) or getting work done on something he can't fix normally (how a lot of people I know get shit) or the standard negotiate with cash

Yep.

It becomes what we in Texas call "yard art" the second it gets old and needs something like new tires or a new belt

I think he means this one

You're right, that is an abandoned and neglected NSX in a depressing state.

is that a legit racing nsx or just a ricer with decals? how did it end up like that?

It means the seller isn't in a hurry and will patiently wait until some dork actually offers him the posted price.

I wish I had more info, I can't find the source anymore but I believe it was a racing NSX. When I went to find the source I just found more depressing stuff.

Most of these cars have no real value, they're outdated tech that's been left to die, and rightfully so.
Just because some hivemind boomer/ricetard assigns a price you guys automatically get all wet and put them on a pedestal.
In 2016 every car itt gets murked by a camry

>wife kept the project car after the divorce.
>thought she could sell it for big bucks
>no one bites her high asking price
>car rots faster than she's willing to lower the price

REAR
WHEEL
DRIVE

this is now an abandoned/neglected thread

just like ur mom

Not exactly a rare classic, but it's still a shame. It's a crackhouse too, you could probably save it for $100

DELETE THIS

triggered

i think this is a pic after the flood of the 2013 earthquake..

"I don't know what I got"

Means they'll round it down to the nearest thousand if you've got cash and will take it away asap.

>"Onii-chan will be back for sure"
>"we will play together again and have fun like before"
>"I know this because he said he'd come back for me"
>"....."
>"I wonder what he's doing now"
>"why hasn't he returned?"
>"..... ... .... "
>"don't leave me, pls come back"

;__;

That corvette would be easily salvaged once given a worthy owner.

Now obo just means they overpriced the item and your offer is going to be close to what they wanted in the first place

go knock on the door and ask whats up!

There was an FD sitting by the side of the road at an RV place a few months ago and I got to talk to the owner. Said he got a rebuilt motor, bigger turbo, all kinds of extras ready to drop in. Was asking $10k and turned down an offer of 5k. If I had the cash I would of been all over it...

Commencing dump.

it's like when people say they are asking 5000 but will take 3000 if they have too

This makes no sense to me when people do this.

Why the fuck would someone pay full price if the seller even ADMITS he'll take it for a fraction of the price.

>makes no sense
Actually, it does, and it works well as a marketing tool. People think they're getting a better deal because they see the huge discounted price offered. I've done it plenty of times selling shit on eBay.
>list for $50 with no buyers
>list for $60 on sale for $50 and sell in the same day