Tuning

Does a car with a CAI, 2.5in headers/cat back and under drive pulley kit need a tune? Also general tune knowledge thread.

gm a shit

Wat?

GM A SHIT

Wtf dose that mean in relation to the thread you nigger?

Hi
I'm a GM fangirl and I think you're incorrect.

Yes, it does. Best case scenario you gained a couple hp, most likely you're actually loosing hp without a tune though. Worst case scenario (and very likely) you're running lean and might eventually blow the engine.

Someone is sperging at the Corvette speedo in OP pic

Thank you very much you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Now any links for doing a tune your self. A performance shop in my town charges out the ass for a tune.

@15378240
GM A SHIT

See what options there are online for remote. If you have to ask, you cannot do the tune yourself.

More goes in to a proper tune than a few weeks of reading

Correct.

If you try to tune the engine yourself you're most likely gonna fuck your shit up and blow the engine to pieces.

What do you mean remote like one of the tuners they have at pepboys for $500?

I'd say so yea

Pretty much my exact setup except I'm running 1 7/8 long tubes. You'll get the most out of that setup with a tune

I hate this fucking board so much

Eh, it has its moments. /b/ with cars mostly.

No like a remote service. Find a reputable tuner that has experience tuning your car or engine, out of state or otherwise, that will allow you to own a copy of the software by providing a key. Basically you send files back and forth, datalogging, until you have a proper tune. It will also allow you to flash different tunes if you want, allowing you to have different tunes for performance, MPG, low end tq, ectc.

Local tune shops are usually a shit. Not saying they cant do it, just that it's usually overpriced and not that solid of a tune or much in the way of flexibility.

TITS or GTFO.

How much would that cost and what do the tuners they have on line and at the store do that makes them different from your idea? Please excuse my ignorance I want to learn as much as I can.

No, but it can help. You're not modifying the engine in any way, you're only (marginally) freeing up lost power due to less efficient piping.

99% of stock ECU's are more than capable of delivering enough fuel and modifying the timing to compensate for such small gains, so quit listening to companies trying to blow smoke up your ass to sell you things you don't need yet

Then what would call for a tune?

I did my tune using that method. I found this guy off of a car specific forum who everyone recommended, he is very reputable for tuning hondas. Anyway, we sent "datalogs" back and forth using a program called hondata. He slowly tuned my car to perfection. It costs $300 plus the program..

>@15378240
>thinks gm owners are dumb rednecks
>too fucking dumb to reply to a post

Any modification that majorly increases the amount of air flow through an engine, such as a turbo or different cams.

A "tune" aka a reflash can modify the existing fuel tables to increase fuel and optimize the spark timing for performance over emmisions, but you're still working within the confines of the stock hardware. A reflash isn't nessecary for intake and exhaust mods alone but it will help with performance

>A reflash isn't nessecary for intake and exhaust mods
Sure, if you want your engine to knock itself into an early grave.