Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/74621
youtube.com/watch?v=vA-0k6FcztI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any FC on?
Can we have a Oceiros' Gate FC?

I love bullying Kriemhild!

>Heavy armor sucks
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one LOCKED BEHIND THE FINAL BOSS
>awful covenants
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for quirky weapons. In the end less weapon variety than BB
>No animation canceling
>No backstep I-frames
>rolls have too much iframs and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>40/40 is all that matters
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB

>b-but the DLC will save it!
lmfao

1st for speedy speed boy

He is the best

I found a wild, unironic Havel.
Granted, he was using a Greataxe but I doubt he could lift the dragontooth at this SL.

Whats your favorite armor set, /dsg/?

>You walk into a shrine and this guy R2s your firekeeper's ass
What do you do?

WHERE IS THE FC
I WANT TO MEET MY BFS

if you host, friend

i cosplay havel with both shield and tooth
but granted i had to use collector edition to give me 99 vigor and havel ring +2, to get me under the 70 percent load

I would gladly but my internet connection isn't good enough for that

the weight of sets in this game is bullshit.

Anyone on PS4 need help with anything?

I combo the fucker

So if the archer jumps off a cliff in DS1, can you not get the black bow?

if so, anyone got a spare? I'm SL 60. The hat would be nice too, mostly just because I like knowing I've picked everything up.

>tried silencing thomas is 2
>he pulls out a sword
does this not happen in 3?

Help him because she's a shit waifu

I do.
My life.

>put full fire resist gear against Thomas
>997 fire def
>he pulls a sword

>ds3
>caring about details
lol

Don't complain if you won't host

DaS: Knight Set
DaSII: Leydia Black Set + Alonne Leggings
DaSIII: Sunset Set

Overall: Sunset

Fuck that bitch.

O-okay

S-sorry

>it`s an NPC invader
>that drops no loot
>in an area with no loot
>and no obstacles preventing you from running to the boss fog
Who would ever unironically waste time fighting cream held?

>getting bullied by Kriemhild

Laughing at your life

I return

>ds2bab mad his game died
this thread is for odd-numbered souls games

He does? Which one?

This BK is cute

here you go
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/74621
you need to invest 75 levels on vitality with the fap+2 and havel ring +2 to carry all his stuff

as for the weapons requirements your character needs to be at least level 101 to carry it all, and that's with the base health and stamina

>Get to lothric castle/beat gundyr at SL30
>Lothric Knight Greatsword drops
>Only requires 24 STR and 16 dex to one hand
>str ring and fai ring are available, as well as the dex smoke roll ring,. now gundyrs ring
>28 free stat points

>tfw I have lightning blade deep protection buffed UGS at +3 in the forest twoshotting everyone

I didn't intend to twink, but holy fuck is this fun.

>damage control
>DS2 boogeyman

lmao

>deep protection
that does nothing at all in pvp mate

I dunno.

In DeS it was Gloom or Fluted, but I could never choose.

In vanilla DaS I wore Knight and Black Knight, but after AoTA I basically only wore parts of Artorias' and Havel's.

In DaS2 I liked Aalva and EK.

In DaS3 I just wear either Aalva for Poise or a close approximation of my AoTA getup. Although I also really like Dancer's.

>19vig
>17 (seventeen) Endurance
>with two Great-equipment

bullshit, I saw my damage go up when hitting people and my stamina recharges faster

>wanting mirrored movesets
>not a ds2bab

Someone tell me why people regard DaS1 as the best souls game even though everyone agress that everything post Lordvessel, which is about 50% of the game, is complete garbage

stamina effects in pvp are negligible and damage buffs are severely reduced in effect

>30 FAI at SL30
>Not shit rest of stats

How is this allowed

Why did Memeazaki put Twink Rings in the videogame

>everyone agress
They don't, though.

Moon butterfly set

>moveset variety is bad
>blocking with parrying dagger is good!

lmao

There were so many things that DaS2 got wrong (and also right), but this fucker really was a missed opportunity.

>you encounter him at the most inopportune areas, each time with a new weapon and each successive time with more HP and fewer weaknesses
>comes at you with a huge double axe in Huntsman's Copse woods, chopping down trees as he misses you with swings, parries will cause him to be stunned for less time
>shows up in the fog in Shaded Woods, has poor tracking and you can see his glowing eye from far away, but he homes in on you with sound and uses a huge halberd with long reach
>appears in the Gutter, stationed on a central platform and uses a greatbow to try to knock you off ledges to your death, homes in on you each time you light up a torch, you have to use cover and slowly make your way to his platform to take him on, at which point he takes out his sword and shield but can no longer be parried
>rides around his bird circling Drangleic Castle, taking potshots at you with a crossbow until you reach the rooftop with the gargoyle, where he lands and takes you on with a huge two-handed greatsword
>each time you defeat him he retreats but leaves behind a Pursuer Soul Fragment, which can be exchanged at Straid's for one of his weapons, each victory unlocking the weapon he was just using, you can craft duplicates to dual-wield power-stance if you want
>final battle is on the rope bridge at the end of Dragon Aerie, it doesn't sway in the wind anymore but he'll block your way with a greathammer, so you have to avoid killing any eggs on your way
>beating him here will reward you with True Soul of the Pursuer and unlock the Pursuer Set at Maughlin's

Not really seeing that. Damage increase is good at low level. What else am I using that attune slot for?

The post lord vessel areas are significantly shorter.
I'd say if you go all the way to anor londo and only do DLC(which people agree is good) you do 75% of the game

im really sorry user
youtube.com/watch?v=vA-0k6FcztI

but i do this because i dont want people to see you buffing that in a duel and laugh at you

>Wanting copied movesets instead of offhand parries or an entirely unique lefthand setup is "variety"

The first half + duke's archives are phenomenal
ToTG is alright
New Londo is pretty bad
Izalith is the only truly garbage part of the game

praise the best pvp in the series

host fc

So why doesn't Kriemhild have her Rapier in the Archives gank?

by nothing he means barely anything

The stamina regen is on-par with grass, and the attack/defense bonuses are mitigated in pvp.

I genuinely consider 3 to be better, mostly for that particular reason. DS1 was a game that had a lot of good parts, DS3 shaved off a bunch of bad stuff and really only loses points for being overly referential.

i wasnt making a build user
i was just showing how much stat investment is required on carry all the havel set

I'm not really in the camp of hating this game for the sake of it, but, if there's no character editor, no plot, and no way to escape the kobuto it will be petty much shit, only suited for megaweebs.

good idea famalam

maybe in ds4 :^)

because she lost it during invasion
reminder that crystal sage in archives doesn't have a crystal rapier, he uses an estoc
he gave crystal rapier to that dumb bitch but she fucking lost it

good for her
the crystal rapier is trash for invasions

holy cow

What the fuck From

DeS: Fluted set
DaS: EK
DaS2: Royal Swordsman (which, oddly enough, looks a lot like the plate set from Demon's)
DaS3 :
Knight set or Assassin.

How fucking retarded are you most weapons don't even have off hand parries. 90% have shitty blocks.

>entirely unique left hand setsup

Jesus fucking christ, you make DS3 fans look awful

Darkwraith run or abyss watcher run ?

anyone down for hosting a fight club?

Jojoposter promised

>How fucking retarded are you most weapons don't even have off hand parries. 90% have shitty blocks.
I'd rather have a couple useful lefthand movesets instead of a bunch of dupes. Do you just want people running around with two carthus curved swords?

>entirely unique left hand setsup
Would you rather have two of the same or just make it have a different lefthand setup? You can replace offhand blocks with something better than just the righthand moveset. Or you could just copy paste more, I'm sure fromsoft would love that.

I'm not going even bother with your retarded statements. You are so delusional that your actual defending the shitty downgrade of mechanics in DS3. You are LITERALLY the only one on /dsg/ I have ever seen defend it.

>mfw you can just smash every chest in the game without worry instead of das2's system

Darkwraith

>mfw an enemy breaks a chest I was going to open and I get rubbish

>he can't spot mimics in ds2
>he hits crates more than once in that game

it's not the game's fault, user

Thanks babe

>ascetic the area
>it was just bolts

Watching hosts die to the trap chest in the wharf was really funny

>You are LITERALLY the only one on /dsg/ I have ever seen defend it.
Then maybe you're a newfag. You're not going to have dual weapons with identical movesets without it being drastically meaningless or drastically overpowered. Even in DS2, dual weapons were generally just for memebuilds like double smelter. Either they'll keep their joke status or open up combo potentials that make them broken. Start thinking about how mechanics actually play out instead of being an ideaguy who just throws in whatever looks pretty.

>Everyone agrees
Lolno.
And Catacombs/Totg is good. New Londo Ruins is good but short. DLC is great. Duke's isn't amazing but it's solid. Only Lost Izalith is shit in my opinion because it neither has any interesting fights or exciting level design aside from the visuals. And of course THAT area has 3 boss fights.

The thing that Dark Souls had and still has over Dark Souls 3 is that there are definite high points and the levels feel less samey when you go through them into multiple directions and they have long enough gauntlets between bonfires that it feels non-trivial to make runs between them, which causes some delicious tension. In Dark Souls 3 the bonfires are too close to each other to there be actual tension when doing bloodstain runs except in CotD,ADP,Dungeon,Irithyll or Grand Archives.

DaS1 also had several high points in the game whileas Dark Souls 3 is constantly solid but very few things particularly stand out.

Also, while the exploration aspect of DS3 is there, it matters less in 3 when you can't really do shit out of sequence like in Dark 1.

Stay on reddit kiddo.

>Winged Knight Twinaxes

god these things do so much damage but how the fuck am I supposed to land anything when they have zero hyperarmour and fuck all range.

The one thing I wanted from Dark Souls 2 was the ability to parry with the FUCKING weapon. I don't use shields much at all because I'm not a fan of how they look flip-flopping around from your arm to your back every time you two-hand, but if I want to parry I need to lug around either a small shield or a shitty boxing glove.

You can't even bare-hand parry anymore because some genius thought it'd be better to make an empty offhand shortcut to your weapon art. You know, that thing you can do by just two-handing the fucking weapon.

>I'd rather have a couple useful lefthand movesets
such as what? I'll wait.

>retard confusing powerstancing with left-hand movesets
At least learn the difference before making yourself look like an obvious virgin to the series

>people are starting to catch up on offhand greataxes

Weapon parries are really the only thing DaS2 got right and the only thing I miss.

I miss left hand greatsword parries even if they were useless they looked sweet

>Katanas get a stance parry
>Rapiers don't

Fuck.

weapon parries had one of the shittiest parry frames in entire ds2

Not entirely true, barehand parries were worse, but how good they are is besides the point. The point is that the option existed for those that wanted it.

yeah let's buff rapiers

Good. This game need more people using ultras with actual hyperarmor and not the babyshit they give UGS

Honestly,he should appear at the Drangleic casyle bridge as a normal fight and chase you around while flying in the Dragon Aerie.

Also, I just realized why they made him appear so fucking much in Lost Bastille in SotfS :
Lost Bastille is Alken where the Pursuer originates from.

rapiers get the special "kick" though. I thought it was cool.

curved swords do too, and they also did in ds1
as cool as these moves look, they're completely useless

>Reddit bogeyman
There's a reddit video in this thread already anyway.

How am I confusing powerstancing with lefthanded movesets? Powerstanced or not, lefthanded weapons in DS2 were almost never worth using. The only one I recall enjoying was rapier-greatsword, but ultimately the meta setups in that game pretty much all used one righthand weapon.

Just give them offhand parries and the option to L1 like a twin weapon. If you just have the same righthanded moveset, your weapon will either be something you may as well have had in your right hand for the sake of keeping a parrying tool out in your left instead, or it'll allow for longer combos and inevitably become overpowered to the point where everyone has to use double weapons. Twin weapons are far easier to balance since they're single items and don't need to have to be tested alongside every single other weapon in the game.

ayy

None of the rapiers aside from the estoc are actually any good.

>curved swords do too
WHY
that makes no sense. that's a thrusting sword technique. curved swords aren't shaped for that shit.