Hey guy what do you think of the 2006 Mustang?

Hey guy what do you think of the 2006 Mustang?
I'm thinking of getting one for 6k. It sounds like a too good to be true deal but I've got to check it out.

Any specific issues you know or I should be aware of?
Best questions to ask the dealership? Any noob advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5663773399.html
sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5648307665.html
sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5659481839.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Be prepared for the time of your life. There is no better car to build memories with. When you're older and you tell people you had a mustang, they will listen to you.

slow douchey pos
might as well get a cvpi
/thread

>V6
I don't feel like typing this out for the 500th time, but just trust me on that being a horrible idea. Get an SN95 GT or look at other cars.

Type it out, to me it's a good buy.
What's so bad about it

Don't get a v6, you'll have a good time

>inb4 that kid gets triggered and makes 30 ecoboost thread

I'm not that kid,but the v6 is fine.
305 HP?
All the fox guys were eating everything with 225hp in their 5.0s
If you're going from another performance car, you'll be disappointed sure.
But if you've been driving mom's civic for the last 2 years- it will be more than enough.

First real car buy, drove '98 Corolla.
Been researching and lurking here for some time now but still feel like I know nothing.

the 2006 v6 is 145hp

the one I'm looking at is 210 HP

That's awful

Nah they're 210 and gt is 300.

Op just don't buy a v6 mustang, take it from someone who owned a 2005 v6 as their first car. It was cool and fun for all of about 3 months before you truly feel the need for a gt and you realize you wasted your money.

Save up and get a gt.

Slow as fuck in a car built for straight line speed
Zero resale value
Everybody will think you're a fucking moron who bought the car for attention

Also once you realize the mistake you made, you'll think "fuck, I should have just gotten a GT" every time you drive it.

Until they find out it wasn't a GT

>Any specific issues you know or I should be aware of?

6 cylinder Mustangs are the ones bought new by women. That's one reason it's always been a successful car. On the used market V6 Mustangs have zero resale value because most people don't want a base model of a car designed for a V8.

They handle as bad as the V8 models but without the saving grace of having good straight line speed.

If you want a Mustang, get a V8. The only reason to get one with a V6 is to look cool while being poor, but you won't look cool to anyone who knows what a V6 is. If you want a V6, get a car designed for a V6. I think the Accord coupe V6 is faster and handles better.

Also, $6K isn't a too good to be true deal. It's pretty typical for actual selling prices. I passed on a few low miles 2005 V6 Mustangs for around $5K because I just couldn't picture driving the car version of an empty promise.

You know what $6K also buys? A 2003-ish Mustang GT with a real engine.

>SN95GT
Fuck that.

OP get a 2011 v6, it shits all over SN9t GT Mustangs.

That's funny maybe your just insecure or spoiled. I have a v6 mustang 05 I paid 9k 3 years ago no problems it's a fun daily driver. I live in colorado and drive around the mtns it's so fun. 210 hp and 240 torque isn't bad it's nothing to brag about. Also insurance is really affordable being only 20 years old I love my car

SN95 cobra and cobra convertibles are like 3-5k
LS1 camaros and trans ams are 3-6k
dont waste your money
look into one of these

Yup sure am spoiled to live in America where I can work for a summer and afford to buy and insure a v6 mustang as my first car.

I'm not knocking it, I owned it for a fucking year and a half. It was very reliable, and fast enough for a first car. But then I wanted to upgrade because truly it's a cuck mobile.

Op if you really want a mustang you can get a new edge (99-04) gt for 6k, one in pretty good shape too. You'll thank us all later

Have a 2007 GT with 19,000 miles on it that used to belong to my Grandfather.
Nothing too special, just has a K&N cold air and borla cats.

Fantastic car, but expect lots of old people and no one else to compliment you.

>He bought the v6

Where can you get any Cobra in half decent condition for 3-5k? I will come get one. Sn95 around here 8k is a good deal.

Is this a new troll to go on Veeky Forums and say you're buying a v6 mustang? This is like the 10th thread this week.

U guys are being too critical

V6s arent that bad theyre fun daily drivers

No. The v8 is a fun dd. You can't get more boring that a 4.0 liter putting out 180hp to the wheels. My GT is up to 100,000 miles and still kicking fine. Nobody would buy a v6 for "fun".

It has ecoboost dumbass

sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5663773399.html
sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5648307665.html
sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5659481839.html
added the s2k just because

Don't listen to those who talk trash OP.
I got my first car last year and it's a 2006 v6 with 106k miles on it, it has been doing nothing but putting a huge smile on my face every time I drive it. It's still faster than most cars on the street now considering that I live in a smaller town.
Just get one OP! In the end of the day, it's still a mustang.

Don't listen to this fucking queen bait.

In 2 months you'll wish you got the gt. Won't even feel like your driving a mustang. If your considering a v6 get a different car instead.

Put ecoboost in it then

Wow. Ill give you that. Lowest on my local cl is $6500. A lot for 8-12k. I suppose ill have to visit san antonio.

pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5661671954.html
pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5657389531.html
altoona.craigslist.org/cto/5642074463.html

Better than spending $6k on a 350Z

Stop, no one is falling for it.

Since it's a 2006 don't fucking get a v6. Everyone will laugh at you and you'll be slow as fuck.
The only ones worth getting a v6 in are after 2013

That's a v6, don't get a v6. Get a GT

*After 2011
The 2013 are a lil bit slower than the 2011-2012 counterpart.

2011+ V6 if you're getting a V6.