/owg/ - Overwatch General

Previous: Competitive Season 2 is now live on PC and Xbox. PS4 gets Season 2 in November.

>Latest Patch Notes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749104703

>Hana Song
gelbooru.com//samples/cc/e1/sample_cce1b654ad72707a6c792aea2351e4da.jpg?3336546

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

>The 18 Percenter Club
amomentincrime.com

>Competitive /owg/ Discord
discord.gg/RV5YyjX

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/50wng6/analysis_of_this_subreddits_s2_placements_s1_rank/
masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/pc/global/mode/ranked/category/skillrating
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I need poo see shots to sniff

help

Dude what

I need POO-see lewds, if you know what i'm saying you know?

Is Reaper even viable on attack? You're just ridiculously immobile, how can you bust through chokes or contribute to the long range shot trading fest?

All you can really do is try and wraith + shadow step through to flank, then hope you can find someone you can pick off.

But then you cant do that on every map.

Defense he's golden tho because people come to you

All mei players have no souls

this is fact

Oh ok I got you, go too one of the nsfw boards then come back once you get your wank on then off.

Post some QTmaker

>You will never shove a live grenade down Mei's throat and watch the fireworks

Why live

This means either my week of practice payed off, or everyone in comp is shit

Yeah, so far the only use I get out of him on attack is being a damage dispenser. The range has never been an issue for me, but I feel like I'm not as versatile with him as he is on defense.

reminder that i'm literally the best mccree on this earth and the ranking websites are just shitty and broken (this is 10 comp games)

People post dva here all the time, why do I have to switch sites to see more poo?

>Mercy gets buffed healing
>Blizzard forgot to re-nerf the charge rate on her ultimate in order to balance out the buffed healing

GG Blizzard.

Just because it has been done, doesn't mean it should be done

it means the stats on overbuff just reset

I just got out of a 5 round placement match, is 2312 an ok rank?

Who
>In horrible fucking pain
Here

I just want to play Overwatch but its overwhelming me and making me unable to focus. Don't click if squeamish, pic is of my knee right now.

the comp rankings haven't been reset since s2 begin, this is real
quickplay has though, as blizzard removed win rate % and losses

so yeah i'm actually the 1st mccree on earth in several stats in 10 comp games.

I just dropped from 2311 to 2145. Should I quit?

the fuck happened to you?

>now it's either focus the slut or lose
>most of the time, it's lose because YOU DIDN'T FUCKING KILL MERCY
>or SHE JUST RESPAWNED AND REZZED EVERYONE
Jesus christ, if her pickrate goes up in comp, it'll be like open beta all over again

>what? that's the best
>shitters go up in rank because a good team carries them
>good players go down in rank because their team sucks ass
lmao you Blizzcucks are still defending this? I guess that's because nobody else is left. The only people still playing this game are blind fanboys.

>In dota 2
No one cares, fag. Can't you shills come up with any better defense than "MOBAs do it!"?
MOBAs are the shittiest genre in gaming, and Overwatch is not a MOBA.

>both games have "supports" and "carries" (dps/healers/defence/etc)
Yeah, and Overwatch already rewards you for healing done, shielding done, objective time, etc.

Skill rating should go up based on medals earned, not based on wins or losses. This is objectively true.

Cutest and best pairing

Look at this qt Smugberry.
CUTE and smug.

Why is one knee attempting to eat the other? The fuck did you do?

MODS can you ban this faggot for a few days

In one day?

You should probably take a break, try again tomorrow.

>You tell me, doc.

I was born with Rheumatoid Arthritis, my joints randomly swell like a hellish version of that light up button game since I was like 5

> Sasuke
> reaper
> all that edge
KEK

There's usually a way in every map where you can teleport past them and away from where they are. It just depends on if they notice you doing it or not, which sometimes not since people are too focused on the battle of the choke.

Mercy!

>that shitter that goes switches from Mei, to Genji, then finally to Bastion

Yeah in one day. It was going good at first, then kablooey.

>Sasuke-2nd_Form
Jesus

csgo uses the same system

what casual game are you using?

>Symmetra's E reworked
>Now instead of giving your allies +25 Shield, it converts 50 HP into Shield

>Introducing a new kind of HP: Kevlar
>Works similar to Armor but rather than reducing damage from small hits, it reduce damage from bursts

Yay or nay for those ideas?

>When the enemy team starts constantly switching heroes

that's how you know you've won

I hate that about healers in PvP games. I feel like Lucio and Zenyatta are the only good healers because at least they don't make it so you can't actually kill anyone.

With traditional healers in PvP games, it's not about outplaying the enemy team, because there is ONLY ONE strategy and that is to kill the healer.

yeah no

I'm fine with the shield replacement idea. Kevlar's too specific a material to use in that way, and I don't really think we need a new health type.

>all these changes to competitive mode
Th-things are going to be different now!
>it's exactly the same
Oh well. Back to shooter games that I can rely on myself and not be punished for literally no reason.

Jamison Fawkes!

>Skill rating should go up based on medals earned, not based on wins or losses. This is objectively true.

No, just no.

Yes for 1st
No for 2nd

Is that game quake? Every other shooter is a team game

>Lost first 2 games after placements
>Swimming in golds the entire time.

God let me get a decent team soon.

>what casual game are you using?
I'm not a fucking autist who needs to use other games to dictate how things should or shouldn't be. That type of thinking causes stagnation.

I instead use common fucking sense, and common sense is that if you are being rated based on skill, that rating should be determined by your own personal skill, not by the group of random people you are thrown into a team with and the group of random people you are required to compete against.

When will she get a legendary that doesnt sucks dick.

No, you're not. Check Master Overwatch for accurate stats.

>Skill rating should go up based on medals earned, not based on wins or losses
If this were the case, you could actually be rewarded for hurting your team's composition, as long as you have "m-muh gold eliminations!'
Awful idea

cute

W-we did it leddit.....!

You have literally no argument against it. Only baseless derision.

ok I played 4 placement matches, won 3 lost 1 and the one I lost I got 4 golds and potg
the post-match thing says I'm at about 2700 mmr but do you get some kind of boost or something after you're done with your placement games?

Who close to/at top 500 here?
(3100 SR~)

3100 is nowhere near top 500, those are from last season

>join game
>route 66
>attack
>someone on our team insta locks hanzo
predict the outcome

No, that game is any game that I can earn all the rewards and content by doing good and getting points, instead of requiring wins.
Doom and Planetside 2 if you need immediate examples. There is nothing in those games I can't earn on my own.

Being a team game and requiring team work for wins is fine, but only rewarding wins in a team-based game is not a skill-based, that's incredibly contradicting.

It would cause a heavy despairing on what gets picked or not, some heroes are easier to get gold medals than others, healers would fight each other in case another one gets picked. The idea you got of taking how well you did in a match is good, but using medals is retarded

>when you actually find a shitty OC that looks like he'd be fun to play
I hope Sombra doesn't suck

what are from last season?

Fuck is this?

for anyone that doesn't have this yet

oh ok so you are just making shit up
No game implements what you are talking about since it promotes against the objective of the game

Where the objective of the game is to win, so you are rewarded for following the objective

Thanks!

nvm** the emblems

>lost like 20 comp in a row
>I've given up and tried out Torb for fun
>everyone told me he sucks and he can be sountered by skilld players
>mfw I have won the last 10 comp

I have embraced the aimbot.

those top 500 pictures you're referring to are the player icons you got for reaching top 500 in season 1, those aren't their current ranks

lmao forgot pic?

Currently, I think it is.

Obviously at the end of the season it will be higher.

rank 80s last season are placing 3000-3400

reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/50wng6/analysis_of_this_subreddits_s2_placements_s1_rank/

The last step to the sombra "ARG" that recently happened, where you had to take these placements from the ASCII skull to spell out a 1337 message from Sombra that said:

LEL WAIT MORE KEKS, INFORMATION IS POWER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm proud of myself.

>some heroes are easier to get gold medals than others
That's true, but it's not a real argument against awarding medallist. Instead it's an argument for bad balance between the heroes.

So I guess I'm starting a shitter then.

Eh, I've seen a couple of neat power ideas, but a lot of the designs I've seen are just so damn lazy. I don't even want to use tumblr jokes, they're just so unfabulous.

Seriously, you'd think anyone would be able to make better characters than Blizzard, but I guess you'd be wrong.

Okay, people are pretty shit at this

got it, thank you my dude

>be me earlier this week
>playing qm
>pre-match banter
>someone mentions Legion
>start to feel the itch
>today it's a full blown fever

will i ever be free of this fucking monkey on my back

>oh ok so you are just making shit up
LMFAO making what up?

>No game implements what you are talking about
Oh no wonder you seem so confused, you didn't actually read what I posted.
>I'm not a fucking autist who needs to use other games to dictate how things should or shouldn't be.
There you go. That's the first sentence.

>it promotes against the objective of the game
Playing skillfully "promotes" against the objective? Well then Blizzard should fix the game's objectives.

>Where the objective of the game is to win, so you are rewarded for following the objective
No you're not. You're not rewarded for following the objective at all. You're rewarded for being on a TEAM that all follows the objective. Which is an outcome you as an individual have zero control over.

I always go for the objective in every multiplayer game I ever play, Overwatch included. That doesn't mean my team will. So why am I not rewarded for sticking to the objective the entire game, if my team loses?
I know you don't have an answer to this, but I'm looking forward to your incoming mental gymnastics.

welcome! sorry i posted it sideways haha

Forgot image

Just play Final Fantasy 14 instead. At least it'll be a better game or at least a change of venue.

If you're upset that you've got the itch, maybe you shouldn't go back.

2,500 is currently the average. Don't let your placement matches fool you though, I started at 2,800 and never expected to wind up at 3,100. Many people have. Play some matches and see how you go. A reminder that your highest is kept, so if you're actually looking for a record of how good you are, your highest will at least show.

masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/pc/global/mode/ranked/category/skillrating

It's a team objective since it's a team game
It's that simple, you simply didn't earn the team objective (winning). Getting medals isn't the objective, you could keep farming medals and you rightfully wouldn't get shit.

>LMFAO making what up?
a stupid rating system that no team game uses since it promotes against the objective of the game, that's why you are autistic

Where the objective of the game is to win, so you are rewarded for following the objective (again winning in case you can't follow along)

>didn't realize there was a new thread because OP is a faggot who posts before the bump limit

I saw our Tracer get POTG earlier when we got a teamkill
>entire other team except their Tracer is behind the payload pushing
>our Tracer throws the bomb in between them all
>nanosecond later our Rein stuns all five
>I pop my orb on the Roadhog
>bomb gets five kills
>starts emoting
>in the background you see their Tracer getting scatter memed by a Hanzo on our team
Great stuff

stats websites are fucked up at the moment because blizzard removed some stats from the game, none are accurate at all at the moment

lol looks like I broke the shill.
I knew you wouldn't have a single argument. You only ignored what I posted, (or were unable to read it, you blessed illiterate child,) and regurgitated your shitty points I already shot down.

Thanks for playing, better luck next time, and $0.30 has been deposited into your account.

Why isn't there a mercy voice line where she says:
"Do you have insurance?"

Because we're not all murricucks

Depends. On quick play? Yes. On competitive? No.
But competitive is still unreliable on those stat websites because it only mines data from people who actively search themself or a user; so imagine how many people don't even bother with these sites.

It's not accurate but it's the best we have. Though according to that still, there's barely anyone playing Competitive right now, and it is a mystery to me as to why. I guess people play a few games, get exhausted then try again tomorrow because the numbers only seem to keep increasing by about 100~200 everyday, globally.

>game expects me to play KOTH maps

Holy fucking shit FUCK MEI

When the fuck are they gonna remove this fat fucking cunt. WHY. WHY DID THEY BUFF HER

AAAAAAARRRGHHHHHHSNDJNDVSSMS UN DHSB F GEJMSJDJ

She says something about Medical Bills if that counts

>mfw almost every quick play game i played tonight had a hanzo on the enemy team