/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Stop Getting Bumped Off The Board Makerdammit Edition

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki
==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps, etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous thread:

whoops, forgot previous thread link

please tell me I'm not the only one that's playing this for the first time

Don't worry
I just the game recently.
I'm enjoying the hell outta it.
Playing strider is fun

Don't die yet.

I should have brought more bottles of panacea.

>Get to post dragon game, since I want to reexplore the world with enemies that dont die in one blitz strike.
>realize I miss the blue sky
I just got it last week. I like it.

>>realize I miss the blue sky
I miss it too
Someone mentioned there's a mod to change the sky back to normal post dragon. I can't find it though.

Veeky Forums needs more fucking pages man, no post in 30 mins and you get 404'd.

Dinput8.dll hooks

Why is Salvation full of nerds?

>not doing lost and found causes other quest lines to not exist

what the fuck, I wish this had been more apparent when I was at that point

yeah that fucked me over first playthrough too, i just couldn't get past those damn bandits so early on

how does sword damage work in this game?
if i've got a sword that does 600 str and 500 mgk, is that better or worse than a sword that does 760 str but only 200 mgk ?

Misguided nerds

vile nerds to be put to the sword

Strength and magick count as two separate sources of damage, and are as such affected by both types of defense of the mob, that is, physical defense and magick defense. More commonly than not, the pure strength weapon will come out on top over str/mag hybrid weapons, except in certain situations due to resistances.

>More commonly than not, the pure strength weapon will come out on top
you sure? maybe it's just because i'm a magic knight but my Ascalon seems to tear most things up alot better than my standard strength sword's. Could just be the ascalon though, other enchanted one's ain't that great

Post Qt pawns

That's simply because Ascalon is just very strong at stock against other weapons at the same progression in the game. The difference between the strength of the Ascalon and Dragon's Dogma is only 255, while the magick is 444. I don't know how far in the game you are, but once you start on enemies in BBI, the defenses jump pretty significantly, which will render the magick less effective that most you would find on overworld Gransys. Holy in itself is arguably the strongest element as only a handful of enemies/bosses in the game are resistant against it.

I've just started new game plus, currently lvl58, and thanks for the info, I'll remember that for heading back into bbi

bump with another
goodnight

New player here too, just farming gold in the post game before I hit BBI.

level 85.

When is the most logic time to start the DLC?
I'm currently level 75 and I think I'm nearing the end of the main story.

ok.

I started at level 40 - level 60 now. I can't get past the giant shuma-gorath eyeball thing but I've gotten pretty far I think.

Whats /ddg/'s preferred skill set for mystic knight?

>pawn turns out to be a useless piece of shit
>toss them into a bottomless pit to never be seen again
Why would you make a short stack fighter if the equipment she wears already puts her in "average" weight territory anyway?

Does anyone have a fighter around level 60? The really useful one I had been hiring suddenly jumped 20 levels. I think someone used a maker's finger on something....

Also can we discuss team makeups? I think 2 sorcerors with similar skills + a fighter is a pretty powerful pawn arrangement.

pls tell me there is way to remove class restrictions from armor

>big guy in back
he looks ready for some villany

>Burst strike
>magick Cannon
>Antler Toss
>Holy Enchantment
>Holy Fortress
>Ice/Thunder Enchantment
That's how i usually ran it anyway

I have pic related, she's not a fighter anymore but was until about level 56, so she can still take a fair few hits, the gear i've given her also gives her a decent defence too, higher than a number of the fighter pawn's i've seen around
I'm also in dire need of some feedback on how well she plays with others

>BBI
>room with two chained up cyclops
>killed everything else in the room
>one pawn continues to shoot at the cyclop
>pick him up and run out of the room
christ, does this guy have a death wish?
I haven't even tried killing one, what makes him think we can take on two?

What level are you that two Cyclops are too much to attempt?

the chained ones are fucking giants though and do most of your health in a single hit

Ahh right yeah those ones, fair enough then

mods

and here I was spending almost an hour scouring the witchwood trying to find those king's bay leaves only to realize I've permanently locked myself out of the only area that has them in the game.

Even though I can climb over the sleeping golem that blocks the area, I'm blocked by an invisible wall. Dammit.

Red Pawns > Yellow Pawns > Blue Pawns
You can't argue against this.

post pawns or arisens in action

Yellow pawns can shred large monsters quick with the right skills

Yep, I did the same damn thing aswell, eventually checked the wiki, kicked myself then made a mental note to go save the silly cow start of next playthrough

merge with /v/ again when?

I miss her.

but they never do because they have brain problems

Welp, I'm taking everybody else's pawns places. I'll deal with yours probably tomorrow when I'm able to reach my computer.

Grandma is still best pawn

I bought the game recently and all the mathematic I'm having to do is driving me crazy so I'll just ask this dumb fucking question here instead. If I want to maximize the discipline gain at the very beginning of the game, should I go into the world with just by myself and my main pawn or should I also get the 2 assisting pawns also?

you should read up on ring of perseverance first. discipline points have never been a problem for me, granted i dont give a shit about anything blue

Just go by yourself plus your main pawn. More exp = more dcp in every situation. Exp is capped at -25 levels, so this becomes a thing when you're level 200 or something grinding dcp since you can take level 175 pawns.

Remove the bow, have scather as primary and only have hundred kisses enabled.

For augments, get dexterity, arm-strength, adhesion, opportunism, clout and vehemence.

Gloves of might help too.

Only works if you fix the brain problems though

She misses you too.

Thanks user, I'm not a smart person

>Play Warrior
>I keep missing attacks and skills
>Wolves are laughing at me

Is it the worst class?

i mostly abused the jump slash. It comes out pretty fast and knocks most stuff to the ground. then you can go wild on them.
But they are only really useful in the base game. in BBI they feel lacking with their limited skills.
also, warrior pawns are kinda stupid, especially if you give them arc of deliverance or indomitable slash.
They are just too retarded to line it up.

wow that's a cute goblin girl

>beat daimon for the first time
>"gj now do it again."
>"also, the shortcut doors are locked again."
I mean it was pretty fun, the bosses were pretty great, but it has the same problem i have with the everfall. All those reused rooms. but at least i don't have to get the void keys again.

Except that 2.0 is completely different to 1.0. Prepare your anus.

Apparently I missed Selene's questline on my first playthrough.
If I don't go to BBI before completing my playthrough, I can only go there in NG+, right?

Dinput8

Aye, if you complete the playthrough, it's over. Gotta do NG+ OR make another Arisen to keep adventuring.

>gorechimera in the first area
>2 garms show up
my anus was not prepared for this.

Ded

>saw people talking about how hellhounds are the most troublesome and annoying enemy in the game
>the can't be that bad
>finally experience them firsthand
>I think I agree
What's your least favorite enemy /ddg/?

Holy

>cockatrice petrifies the garm

Ded

>game crashes
>speed run mode
>was allready at the greatwall
Fuck this.

No user, don't give up! You can do it! We're with you!

Nice

>Threads dying before the bump limit

It's over. Its time to wait until its on sale again or hope something as big as it being on steam pops up again. Just make a discord or something so we can still talk about it

Warrior class is fine, just listen to your pawn and think before attacking instead of going full retard and missing everything, you are gonna need someone to deal with range though.
And you'll suffer a lot on bbi

>some random finally hires my level 37 pawn
>comment thing was "is cute" to go with a high star rating
>gift was silver ore to go with them thousands and thousands of rift crystals

w-what's with this feeling?

Happiness

A pimp proud of his ho?

>tfw hiring a racist caricature just for shits and they actually turn out to be legitimately useful

It gets even worse the more your character's height deviates from Ayyleinore

welp since everyone always sees the posts I delete to revise again
I'd like to see it with the tallest character possible.

This embrace was so awkward and really the whole romance with her is just cringeworthy. Also the maid loses her french accent in the cutscene?

When does the embrace even happen I've never seen this.

You gotta rescue her from the duke's manse. The quest comes up after you encounter the dragon for the first time.

As a side note, petrifying arrows work really, really well of Garm.

How did I miss this quest after playing for 300 hours? I honestly thought after getting choked out she just fucked off and then never bothered to check on subsequent playthroughs. After she got me thrown in jail I just completely disregarded the romance.

I just play it as a fighter with element buffs and that one jumping attack.

Great Cannon + elemental weapon + same element trance

otherwise, full moon slash, burst strike, and demon bolts and holy fortress

it's shit anyway, but oddly enough the Duke's knights will attack her when you're trying to escape. Just pick her up and run - nobody will attack you because they're all retarded.

but she gave you two skeleton keys! and you gave her a cool hat. You're meant for each other.

But yeah, this 'romance' is the most forced shit ever and feels completely retarded.
And even after making out with her your beloved will be Fournival anyway

I have max affection with julien too (because knightly honor somehow translates into romance?)

why does my arisen have to be some kind of apparently bisexual retard

Jokes on you, my beloved was Simone

Those cyclops in chains. Fighting them during your first trip into BBI is just pure suffering as you only do dicks for damage and it becomes a test of patience.

Ded

Return to Title Screen

Time for the mating press

rip

Not enough cute shotas in this game

it's hard to make believeable teens in this game, less children

Anyone still playing on 360 and want a rent?

F

The time between posts is the same as it's usually been, it's just that Veeky Forums in general moves so fast these days. There's also some generals that have shit-slinging fights over who gets to make new threads, so like 10 threads get made all at the same time for the same game. Veeky Forums just needs more pages.

>it's just that Veeky Forums in general moves so fast these days. There's also some generals that have shit-slinging fights over who gets to make new threads, so like 10 threads get made all at the same time for the same game. Veeky Forums just needs more pages

why are some generals so autistic

>why are some generals so autistic
Because they spend more time shitposting about the game than playing it
They also have more than 12 people that play their game

I'll heal you!