Just looking for some info, thank you :)

Hey guys, I'm looking for my first car (first personal car) and was wondering if anyone knew much about Saab's.
I find them interesting, and i found a 2002 Saab 9-3 SE 5-Door and it has 98k miles for under 3k (has had an accident)
How many miles can they usually last, assuming that someone has taken the average care?
Is it true they are difficult to work on?
I appreciate the help guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Saab-9-2X-Seattle-d495_L37788#listing=133088666
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You can find nicer Saabs for the same money. If you spent $1-2k more, you'd get something really nice.

Look for special snow flakes because they are usually better taken care of.

My goal was to find a nicer one, but I'm stuck looking for the No Credit, Bad Credit, No Problem dealers, so the ability to find a nicer one with low miles isn't the easiest haha (But im still going to loo harder!)

Do you know your credit score? How much cash do you have for a down payment? How much do you make a month?

i have had two old generation 9-3s. If you want one of these then find a model year 1998 or 1999, they have the b204 engines which have virtually no reliability issues. DONT buy the MY 2000-2002 unless the turbo has been replaced and the crankcase ventilation system has been upgraded early in the cars life.

My credit score is at the top of the Poor range, and I was only looking to do 1k-1.5k down. Monthly is only about 1.3k after taxes (looking to work at a dealership soon (had 2 interviews), I start school back up in September (going to a community college for Automotive Technology so my hours are going to be shorter)

I assume the issues with the 2000-2002 are why they are so cheap? I've never touched a Saab, but I want to learn about them.

I suggest not financing anything. Save your money and buy a shitbox in full for 2500-3k. Then get a credit card to build credit.

I'm glad Veeky Forums is a lot nicer and more helpful than /b/ haha
I really appreciate it ^^

your info is a bit off.

the 98 and 99 b204 had garrett turbos that are shit. 120k to 150k and they are toast.

The 00-02 9-3 had the b205 which did have sludge issues if synthetic oil was not used and not changed every 3k to 6k depending on use. The SE, you should only get the SE or Viggen, had larger intercoolers and mitsu turbos which will last forever and ever and ever.

I have 230k on my 01 9-3 se

So if you are going to buy a 00-02 9-3 only get an SE or Viggen. If it is a SE you will need to verify the oil has been changed regularly with only synthetic. You should also look or one with the pcv update.

this is very good advice. If you are set on a saab, you might be able to find a 94 to 98 900 2.3 for about that price. it isn't a turbo, but it is stout as fuck.

I like SAAB´s, but every single one ive had in at my work, have had leaking turbos..

Would you say that my OP is a bad choice as a car then? Honestly, I'm looking for something that can take me to work and fit a child seat in and be safe (in 9 months [mistakes were made])

>poorfag
>knocking up someone
You should probably kill yourself.

I mean you're not wrong...

I think the price is way to high. About 1k to high. I bought a 01 9-3se with 140k and a door dent for 2k a few years ago.

The car itself is an o.k. choice as its an Se, you would want to see. Service history to make sure it's had oil changes. You might want to post your local Craigslist and budget so we can tell you what to buy. You will get some shit suggestions but a few good ones.

are 9-2x aero's any good?

First of all, the 98-99 had the T25 garrett, which are by no means shit.

second of all, how can you say that the t25 garrett is shit (98-99) when the t17 in the SE models (00-02) only last about 120 000 kms?

2000-2002 !SE! models can come with either a t17, for the 154 and 185 hp models. Or a td04 for the rare High output b205r engine.

So it is false to say that OP should only buy an SE or Viggen for the 00-02 model years.

You could rather say that Op should only buy an Aero or a viggen (td04) if he wants a 00-02 9-3. Or just dont be a retard and buy a 98-99 like i said.

The 9-2x aero was just a WRX wagon with a SAAB face, so it's as reliable as a WRX. Try to find a 2006 model, but good luck, they only made like 230 '06 aero manuals.

what about 2005?

cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Saab-9-2X-Seattle-d495_L37788#listing=133088666

In American the 00 to 02 Se only came with the Mitsubishi turbo. All us SEs had the b205r. The base 00-02 9-3 came with a t25, the t17 b205 engine was never offered in the u.s.

The t25 does not last more than 150k miles generally.

Ayy I got that there b205r in my SE convertible. 48k miles

This is relevant to my interests. I'm the guy looking at a random older car as a second vehicle in the W201 thread.

Found a 5spd '01 with 126k miles for $2100, a bit of fender rot but seemingly decent condition. Is there any real way to check for engine sludge? Or tips for what to look for when a turbo is leaking? Never owned a FI car before.

you should try to find yourself a clean unmolested viggen. theyre relatively quick and most people never expect it.

ive had mine for about 2 years and the only things its needed was a fuel pump and a new DI cassette

9 months? You've still got a window of opportunity then.

Abortions are cheaper than raising a child. It's a shitty choice but you should be far more stable as a couple and the both of you financially secure entirely before you consider anything like that.