I'm probably gonna buy this truck in a day or so, but I figured I might as well get some opinions

I'm probably gonna buy this truck in a day or so, but I figured I might as well get some opinions

>1990 Ford F150
>has 300k on the body and 100k on rebuild
>has cosmetic issues

It still runs like a champ, has some age rust and it drives smooth and is rather well taken care of with exception to pic related

Here's what it needs:
>body work
>tires
>window tint
>stereo needs to be hooked up
>brake pedal is too high.

Other than that, it's cherry.

So Veeky Forums how much am I lookin at spending when it comes to body work, radio and Window tint, also does this seem like a good deal

>he's asking $1500 but is flexible on the price

Don't buy it.

Jew him down, its not even worth 1000

Why not?

Just kidding I don't know anything about trucks. I'm actually looking into buying an old one too.

Without actually looking at it, hard to say. But at this age, price range, and how relatively common these are, it just depends on how much you're willing to pay. Assuming what you list are all the issues, try to get him as close to 1k as possible but don't pay 1500. You're for sure going to need tires right away so I'd barter with that as my main point. They're good trucks if they haven't been beaten on. Good luck.

just curious but why not go up and beyond for an F250/F350?

What kind of use will you give it?

Why get one of those over a f150?

Automatic or Manuel?

>rebuild

No thanks.

Depends on your lifestyle really.

You can tow a pretty decent amount with the F250/F350 on these years, you could tow if your friends break down, or even later own you'll probably own more project cars that might break down as you test drive them around.

Also the F-350 on these years has a pretty good lift if you find a 4x4. It's a nice addition the ability to go off-road, plus the towing capacity is increased on 4x4.

Basically it's a pretty good tool to have, since you are going to spend time and money on a truck anyways, it would be like future proofing somewhat.

I know Veeky Forums isn't particularly attracted to trucks, but they do like /diy/ stuff which is weird. Trucks are the biggest diy tool there could possibly be.

Ecobost

>Single cab
>2wd
>Automatic
No

what?

what's wrong with it being automatic?

MPGs, less reliable.

you can't do hektik doriftos like they do in chinese cartoons

lrn2spell

Lucas?

@15382775
It's spelled manual dumbass

>@15382775
>@
welcome to Veeky Forums
now git out

All false
Nice meme

It isn't false when we are talking about old ford pickups.

I'd say at best this truck is worth $950

And that's being generous

>all false

The reliability, sure. But you can't deny that the 3-speed C3 is gonna get worse MPGs than the 4-speed manual. That's just simple physics there.

You do get a column shift so that does alleviate some of it, but still.

>I want to show the world how new I am

@15382818
>I want to fall for the most obvious bait known to man

nice damage control kid

I had one like this

Watch out for the fuel pumps in the dual gas tanks. If one isn't gone already, one is going to go. Check to make sure he gauges work on both tanks. Check your dash lights and horn, dash electrical is an issue with these. Maf usually is gone unless it's been replaced. Mine had a shot transmission as well.

All that said I loved the thing and was sad to get rid of it.

Mine was a 1990 xlt lariat 2wd automatic

>07/04/16
Thanks

I just need an A to b and sometimes off road vehicle and I want a truck, so just school and work really.

I didn't check when I drove it the other day, if/when I buy it I'm taking it for lube and oil and I'll have them once over all the components to make sure they're as clean as I thought they were.

>Check your dash lights and horn, dash electrical is an issue with these
I literally had this and just tugged on the main harness a couple of times, the dash lights started working again. The humidity must mess with these or something.

Only buy it if it's a power stroke or the 300 I6. Also get it for like 1,000. These trucks are great if you're not scared to replace the suspension and such. Incredibly easy to work on and parts are cheaper than gas.

Its worth $1000

Don't jew him down any further. That's just being a jerk and not cool.

Hell, if you have the money and can afford it. Just pay him the $1500 he's asking for.
It's not unreasonable.

the things your mention as "What it Needs" are all cosmetic or aesthetics personal preferences type of things it sounds like.

>automatic
>in a truck
cuck

what makes those better? i just like to travel and offroad sometimes

see parts also last generally longer due to their heavy duty nature

Expect to live with the body you buy unless you want to spend massive amounts on it.

You should be able to figure out the radio.

I dont know anything about window tint.

Pic related is a 96 that I just got for 1600

can't a f150 easily tow a car? and it's lighter so wouldn't that make it better in the mud?