It'd like to start out by saying I've read the sticky, I've bought several used cars in my life...

It'd like to start out by saying I've read the sticky, I've bought several used cars in my life, and I'll try to make this first post as conclusive as possible.

It's time for a new car. I live in VT, and my family is ~8hrs away, I make the arduous journey every 1-2 months, and I have a 2004 WJ that I'm ready to replace.

Since I live in VT on a fucking mountain, I would kinda need AWD. Since I'm still young and free enough to make irresponsible decisions, I want something fast. I've found the following cars:

-vermont.craigslist.org/ctd/5646205780.html

-vermont.craigslist.org/cto/5630551741.html

-vermont.craigslist.org/cto/5600103501.html

I am not a car guy. I've owned a 98 Stratus, a 94 F-150, a 90 Bronco, a 00 XJ, a 01 WJ, and this 04 WJ. I have no experience with the above mentioned vehicles and manufacturers.

That all being said, I am open to suggestions, as I'm sure there are vehicles I've overlooked. I just need something fun to drive with AWD and decent gas mileage.

What do you all think?

The WRX should be fun. I wouldn't trust a 10 year STI on long road trips.

If you want something comfy I'd suggest a AWD acura TL or a ford taurus SHO.

This is something I was hoping to address. The WRX is turbocharget just like the STi, so what's the difference? Why is the STI less reliable?

Boyracer detected. Just get an old outback before it got massive or a forester xt.

I've read that the SHOs are uncomfortable to sit in

I'd go for a subbie OP

Bump

More power, more boost.

Forgot to add, I would go with a Forester XT as well. Gives you a bit more ground clearance than the WRX but has the same engine and is still pretty fast.

>always wanted to live in Vermont
>dawned on me you idiots voted The Cuck King

Is it still nice or are you guys fags?

the only solution is volvo.
Plenty of awd manual turbo ones. Up the boost easily and you have a fast car that wasn't thrashed in its previous life like with a subie.

Real Vermonters hate Sanders. And honestly, this state sucks.

Buump.

This state has major issues, not trying to defend it, but most Sanders-voters are, or are the descendants of carpetbaggers from NY/NJ/MA/CT (we call them 'flatlanders'). Vermont (along with our neighbor New Hampshire) was one of the only states was one of the only states to go red in the electoral college all three times Roosevelt ran for president. It was a deep-red state until the mid-90s when the state experienced an influx of new residents (mostly upper middle-class urbanites from the states I previously mentioned), resulting in a major demographic shift, which is illustrated in Vermont's post-1996 voting trends at the state and national level. Rural Vermonters outside of Chittenden County are still fairly conservative, though. If you want a taste of New England, I would recommend New Hampshire and Maine, personally.

Sorry for off-topic, autistic post.

You're trying awfully hard to sound like a native.

From someone who moved here from the midwest ten years ago... so real fresh...

The Vermonters dont even have computers figured out yet, much less Veeky Forums.

Anyone here is poaching. But it is a breddy cool state.

Just fixed this up OP, 900 purchase price

just posted this in the black ice thread, but life is pain here.

>but life is pain here

OP here. Truer words have never been spoken. Where was that pic taken?

>pic related is Marshfield

me-mes and banter aside, Vermont meet-up when and where?

I have a confession to make.
>pic related

If you guys ever want to go explore some Class IVs, all you need to bring is RoadSoda brand road soda

App gap/17

50 miles westish, general store.

My hunch is the lesbaru would fail, but i would drink.

The STI has a different turbocharger and a MUCH more sophisticated (read: better) AWD system. While the WRX also has the power split (I think it's close to a 50/50 split front/rear), The STI can send all the power to whichever wheel has the most traction. So in certain conditions, the STI is capable of being 1 wheel drive. The more sophisticated AWD system and more power is why the STI is 10k more new than a WRX and why the STI won multiple World Rally Championship titles.

Anyways OP, as a Fellow New Englander, get a Subaru. Pick one. They're perfect all-rounders up here.

The only place I've been out there is Middlebury, I'm guessing that isn't it.
That's a haul, but it might do.
Aight.

Nah, thats pretty close though, same area.

Busy this weekend, cant do anything for a bit.

Everything Subaru is and has, they owe to the STI. The WRC is one of the toughest racing types there is. The only thing harder is the Dakar rally or Baja racing.

The WRX and STI also feature different suspensions and transmissions. While the transmissions will swap over, the suspension generally won't. The transmissions on the STI are pretty fucking bulletproof, meanwhile there have been many jokes made about the WRX transmissions being made of glass.

In the world of Subaru's, that Cherry Blossom Red (coughpinkcough) STI badge is revered and respected.

>made of glass
I've heard this, which Is why I made this thread. It's the older WRXs correct? like 04-07?

2002-2007. Unsure about 2008+ models but the transmission is still different from the STI
The WRX is ALWAYS saddled with weak transmission. The reason is cost. To meet the price point the WRX needs to compete, they have to use tha same transmissions as normal base model Impreza's, which aren't built to handle power. The STI is hardcore and comes ONLY with a bespoke bulletproof 6 speed manual not found in any other Subaru model.

Dont die

Agreed.

>tfw you're a ctfag that considered moving to VT

>CT
Stay the fuck out.