/simg/ - Simulation Games General

M I K O Y A N A E S T H E T I C S edition
Previous Thread: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TDvJqdbQtEw
youtube.com/watch?v=NOJKinBIZgY
youtube.com/watch?v=V-kCeuxMBoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pOfPJhmvu5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=rg375wFH-Sg
youtube.com/watch?v=Ad2cA6tNOs4
youtube.com/watch?v=0zY6X10zo4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

2 nukes was not enough

Long live MiGs

Thanks for the thread OP man.

H
A
V
O
C

This kills the slav(e).

M I N E S H E L L

Look at this shit

Look at it and then look me in the eye and tell me with a straight face that they'll do any other plane justice

>The HAWK
Please dont remind me of this horror VEAO should put out a alpha model so we can check if they are fucking us again

They're not going to though because they can't take criticism, hence why the P-40 has only been shown off at air shows and the like.

And I just know from how bad the lighting has been in the screens they've released, it's gonna look like shit.

Hopefully it at least doesn't fly like shit because there's no excuse when Duxford give them access to one, but then again they are British.

I am disgusted that i live in the same country as those dipshits

Me too lad

Are there any DCS/combat flight sim related podcasts?

Since I can't alt tab in BoS for whatever reason I need some long-form audio to listen to as I'm flying.

Me third.

fuck off with your scrub webms shitlord

>he didn't bother shooting back
What did he think was going to happen?

It's the AI.

guise, i pirated x-plane 10.45 and it's such a crap

how can i even turn my head in the cockpit, it suggests to use arrows which is pretty inconvenient but only the up and down ones work, so the only way to look around it's to set "chase" view and to look with the mouse. its authors would better check how warthunder does this stuff with a pretty convenient alt-key mouse view

furthermore, to use its mouse control is a chore for my wrist and it doesn't give any option for the primary pitch/roll/yaw keyboard controls whatsoever unless i buy some additional jew plugin to allow them. wtf is it? don't tell me to buy a joystick, i'm sure i could control the light planes with a keyboard just fine. may be it's possible to get that plugin pirated too? fuck it, i'm downloading flightgear

oh, did i forget that x-plane looks as if it was made by coders who can't make a proper installer/de-installer? because it does

Figures, the pilot was way too calm.

>6x .50 Cal MGs or 4x 20mm Hispanos
>Hihg speed
>1 Man Cockpit
>Dank Yoke control
>WING BAZOOKAS

Literally the American Peshka.

MiG xaxa

does anybody even play civil air sims here?

P-39/P-63 in BoSomething when?

>Load in with no ballast and empty front gun magazines

>Flat spin city

xaxa oops

Some do.

Show em a little trick I lernd

Craigu pls come back ;_;

>
how do you find targets at night, im new to simming and find it extremely difficult even in daylight

Afghan Ops server coming up right now if anyone wants to get in TS and play

Finding targets is just a matter of practise in some part but also knowing where to look and what to look for.

Helps if the mission maker isn't a mong and adds a provision for recce to mark targets

ops, get in youtube.com/watch?v=TDvJqdbQtEw

What kind?

war thunder raid

>War thunder
god no

just kidding it's afghan ops

RIP power station

I play FSX:SE.

remember not to damage the infrastructure or you get mission failed ))))

gay faggot ts pedophile slavboo samfefag

k

Ok

slavboo samefag photoshopping on the defense

Fuck off Greg

>this is all the slavboo pedos have for defense
Come on nigga the shills at /wtg/ have better ammo

>Bodying MiG 21s in an F-86

I'm becoming an ace pilto

>we need to go deeper
next up, bodying f86s with bf109

webm of the K4 removing an A10 never ever

ded

busy playin games inn I

why isn't Arma considered a simulator?

>A thread for all vehicle simulation games

Hey guys what happened to the sims general?

Basis F-5 vs MiG 21 server is back up lads. Who wants to fly some 3rd gen goodness

Hey guys I want to carrier.

Whats the ETA of the navy planes in DCS?

Also, what do I play for WW2 carriers? 1946?

il-2 1946 is still your best bet for ww2 pacific stuff. Navy stuff is a long time away for DCS.

Long in like next spring or long I will have retired by then and have the necessary time to master them?

We'll all probably be dead

Well I think the F4U Corsair is coming out eventually, along with the F-14. I'd expect to hear more about those both by next year. So maybe 2 years minimum.

>F4U Corsair
Oh shit nigga

Considering LN is making it. And consiering that we've heard fuck all, don't get too excited

youtube.com/watch?v=NOJKinBIZgY

Looks and sounds absolutely VEAO-tier

>LN
wew i dropped that one fast

This is the VEAO P-40 no?

Yes, they (virtual horsemen) have been streaming and testing it out.

The external sound when the cockpit is open is kinda okay I think, but the overall model and texture quality just feels.... FSX mod-tier. And the rest of the sounds are horrid

youtube.com/watch?v=V-kCeuxMBoQ

Here's an example of how a P-40 actually sounds with the cockpit shut

>still doesn't have gunsight glass.
I bet the cockpit lighting still looks like aids too

I wish we would do IL-2 1946 ops, BoS + CLoD is cool and all, but I'd like more variety, even at the expense of visuals and fidelity.

youtube.com/watch?v=pOfPJhmvu5Q

youtube.com/watch?v=rg375wFH-Sg

youtube.com/watch?v=Ad2cA6tNOs4

youtube.com/watch?v=0zY6X10zo4E

F-5 vs MiG ops when

>sounds
Yeah def. Like, all the WWII modules have shit sounds stock, but those take it up to a ridiculous level

>looks
I dunno, the only thing egregiously bad about the cockpit I can find is that the rivets on the canopy rails are entirely texture-only, which looks like AIDS.

The looks that bugs me are primarily the external textures, like the wings visible through the cockpit.

It seems very flat and lifeless, and while in glimpses there are rivets visible in specular maps, it just doesn't seem right

Fuck, now i want to do 1946 ops

So, I just skipped through most of this shit, do they ever do anything more interesting than a fucking lazy banking turn and simple station keeping in formation? Or do they have to hide the broken FM with the most pedestrian maneuvers possible?

I really don't understand the whole ~virtual aerobatics~ meme. Real-world aerobatics displays are cool because they take skill, there's a significant risk to the pilot in more dangerous maneuvers, they're tossing these heavy aluminum machines around and doing crazy shit with them. All you have to do to do virtual aerobatics is learn how to fly the plane competently. I've never seen anything impressive out of these shitshows- it's always just "hey, we can fly in formation!" (which is, admittedly, pretty hard considering DCS's shit netcode), or "hey, I can do a low pass!" or some shit.

FAB TRAIN BUSTING OPS W H E N

All of this senpai. I don't get it either.

>'46 ops
Fuck, I'd like to join you guys for those but the stick is dead and there's no replacement in sight.

They're just doing some basic formation shite, and yeah it's pretty pointless.

There's no stalling, no torque rolling or anything else to expose any flaws in the flight model that you could miss

ops when

I always assumed the 37mm gun pods had a stupidly slow cyclic rate, they fire incredibly fast though.

looks like rockets instead of 37mm

Too fast for rockets, not enough dropoff

A E S T H E T I C

>AI gunners always leave the weapons completely dry whenever I take control

Happens every single time, I'm starting to wonder if it's a bug and the magazines just empty themselves as soon as you take position (that or they don't reload themselves).

Also, got a couple of questions regarding the BOS singleplayer (playing through the campaign out of sheer boredom)

>What does your pilot 'level' dictate? Anything other than showing how much time you've played?

>When flying a bomber, what counts as a 'building' in terms of getting points for destruction? I want to assume that any building counts, would firebombing Stalingrad or similar get me a shit tonne of points? (want to fully unlock the aircraft while I'm doing the campaign and want to know the fasest way, especially in regards to the bombers, flying 100km back to base is a chore, especially when time acceleration doesn't seem to work properly)

>want to fully unlock the aircraft while I'm doing the campaign

you do know you don't have to do that anymore, right? They dropped the unlock system.

Is this the infamous first release Hawk cockpit?

I've only ever seen the redone version.

Yeah, I'm just autistic (like the rest of you) and want to see those green bars filled up.

Gives me an excuse to fly planes I wouldn't otherwise and make the grind less painful.

Hey /simg/

I like IL2 games, I want to play a modern fighter game/sim with the same depth as those games.
But without having to study and learn startup stuff and so one. Is DCS for me? It seems a bit more
complicated than IL2 games.

FC3 modules for DCS are for you.

Only one modern fighter in DCS currently has a detailed startup sequence (the Mirage 2000C), and it's not terribly difficult t b q h. The Flaming Cliffs 3 fighters (F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29) are pretty close to IL-2 levels of depth- no clicky cockpits, everything is handled through hotkeys, non-combat systems are simplified, all that jazz.

But with any modern fighter, you WILL have to do some studying. It's not just yank and bank or boom and zoom like a prop fighter, you have to learn how to use your radar, how to best employ different kinds of missiles, how to defeat enemy missiles, all that kinda shit.

Depth as in non-clickable cockpits?

DCS Flaming Cliffs 3 module (includes F-15, Su-27, A-10A, Su-25, etc.) are all in that category (decent to good flight models with non-clickable cockpits, everything done through keyboard shortcuts)

I'd argue that the fully fledged modules with clickable cockpit switches aren't any more difficult, and are a lot more fun to learn. I'd actually had an easiest time learning standalone modules than I did FC3 because I hated learning the shortcuts, whereas I could just find the correct button and press it in another module.

That and going through each and every controls menu for the aircraft in FC3 and setting up your axes and joystick/throttle buttons almost killed me.

I'm of the opinion that the mainline modules in DCS only look hard because you're learning both the aircraft, and learning how the game itself works. The Mirage 2000 for instance is really not that difficult to start up at all, or to operate.

Thanks guys. I have DCS somewhere on steam, I will try FC3 and the A-10 module, see what feels right. Any basic tips before diving head first into these games? I am only familiar with WW2 air combat, what am I in for?

A-10C is one of the most complex modules there is. Unless you're talking about A-10A which is a perfectly fine module and very fun to play with

It's a game that you can't really play to 'your style'. You have to learn how to play it on it's terms, not yours. DCS can be quirky to learn on.

Do you have head tracking and a decent joystick/throttle set up?

Game is fun, but without them it really is a chore at times. It made me invest in an expensive HOTAS/rudder/headtracking set up just to get away from the keyboard controls for slewing/china hat/boat switch, etc.

It's a whole new world once you've looked around with headtracking, I can't go back to playing without it. It's like looking through a letterbox, like playing a shooter with an FoV of 25.

Modern air combat is really unintuitive, so prepare for a lot of frustration as you learn how to maneuver in a world where BVR missiles are common.

That's it as of about a month ago. Haven't touched it since

>virtual aerobatic groups get special planes and treatment
>in Digital COMBAT Simulator

what a joke.

I bet there are faggots right now who are hype as fuck for the F-18 for no other reason but to fly as le blue angles.

Of course there are. These are the cunts who were hyped for the Hawk because le red arrows