Pre-War Thread:

The Brotherhood of Steel

The Enclave

sucks.

damn post timer...

Fourth for actually enjoyable politics in a videogame

The NCR

>tfw blowing up the Citadel instead
Even though it's stupid because you were forced to help them for the entire game.

Holy fuck, that second one has eluded me for so long.

I've always wanted an official way to stop that Gloria bitch from killing my bros.

9th for making America Great again

Drawfag request: Asriel, Sans and Toriel beating the living shit out of Asrielle, daddy dom fire eye Sans and fanon Toriel

Are you in the wrong thread, pal?

How the fuck do you even confuse this thread for undertale shit?

Yes.

Am I ever.

>Undertale fags browse /fog/
Woooooooooooooooooooooooow

>Bible says no
But Richard Dawkins himself declared the Bible non-canon

You need jesus motherfucker
Legionfags will provide

how do I install the fallout mod for darkest hour

>People who style themselves after Romans will provide Jesus
How macabre.

I unfortunately cannot run the game for some reason but hopefully I can help you.

There's a "mods" folder in the main directory for darkest hour.
place all the "ai" "map" and "gfx" folders inside a folder name of your choosing, and put it in the mods folder.

I don't think it was right that Dr. Mobius fucked with the rest of the Think Tanks minds. He says it was to protect the wastes from them and their experiments, but it definitely seems more wrong to fuck over your friends, rather than letting them do what they'd enjoy doing.

Sure, Joe Wastelander might get lobotomized, but if the Think Tank were my bros IRL, I'd be all for letting them use the Mohave as their testing grounds. It's much better to see your friends happy, and doing what they love.

Mobius is the worst friend.

If the mod doesn't come with a folder
make one for it and put all the shit in it inside the folder, then take that folder and put it in the "mods" folder inside the DH directory
then go to the DH launcher and select it from the bottom right

no, you don't understand.
The minds were already fucked after they got separated from their bodies and lost all sense of morality, they wre basicaly just machines made to invent shit for no fucking reason
so that's why mobius had to keep them in check

Just because your friends are crazy, doesn't mean you need to stop them. I don't think it's likely they'd get hurt, as they could probably think of a way to kill everything that would threaten them, so why not let them go nuts if that's what they wanna do? Why put the Mohave above your own friend's enjoyment? Doesn't matter if they're crazy, so long as they are safe and enjoying their life.

>doesn't mean you need to stop them
what the fuck am I reading

>The think tank DID NOTHING WRONG

always scares the living shit out of me

I liked the illusion of there being a time limit to find the GECK in Fallout 2

Actually is it an illusion...? I'll just keep pretending the time limit is there.

13 years ingame time

I know about that one.

>"Blind Diode Jefferson, with sounds the Courier brought him, created a symphonic counter-frequency that saved Big MT from sonic invasion in 2910. If you didn't hear about it - good."

Sonic invasion in 2910? By who or what? Sounds really interesting and I'm curious what you guys think it is.

I wish we could just forget Old World Blues existed.

You want to forget about me, user?

God yes.

different strokes for different folks

Can anyone explain how trapping Elijah in the vault works?

How can he not get out? I thought he was the one who activated the forcefields.

The elevator only reacts to Vera's voice, which he doesn't have.

Why does Ulysses have all 10 Specials? I get that means nothing in terms of his character, but it seems rather peculiar to me.

To make him a difficult boss fight, sort of like the final "epic" confrontation with a Courier who is your match, allegedly.

That explains it, of course.

Does anyone know where I can listen to the his radio dialogue after you trap him? I just read ti, but I'd really like to hear it, if anyone can assist.

I actually didn't realize you could listen in on him once you've trapped him.

>not enjoying blasting the Citadel and finishing off any surving BoSfag

No, I love you!

Why did Bethesda made this comic canon? Its boring as fuck and an uninteresting vault experiment

The /v/ threads back in the day where we'd talk about Vault 69 and a genderbent Vault 69 were pretty fun.

also introduced me to Y The Last Man so it was worth it.

Is Vault 43 cannon ? Never heard of it

>you will never be that vault 69 guy
>you will never be dried out into a shriveled husk within a week

I like to believe that Vault 69 and the other vault where the men outnumbered the woman were actually pretty civilized.

The overseer probably selected who was going to breed with the respective male/female and eventually everything went back to normal once the population of females/males began to even out.

This is glorious

does bonus HtH damage affect melee weapons or just unarmed?

Now that I discovered how easy it is to get weapon repair kits after Dead Money, what's even the point of repair besides skill checks that other skills can usually alternatively do, most likely?

mostly just repairing shit in your inventory more efficiently
You could always craft weapon repair kits in the game and your repair skill augments how effective the kits are.

Good luck repairing Power Armor.

Which is really easy if you know how to play caravan, Dale Barton is a dang fool.

He could always download the Armour Kit mod, that adds a slightly altered Weapon Kit recipe to the game for repairing apparel.

Okay /cfog/.

How would YOU have written the main storyline of FO4? I'm curious to see what exactly you would change to make it more classic falloutish.

Yeah it sucks that you have to wait until the very last mission to betray them. At that point there is no reason to even betray them because why throw away all the work you've done

To have things my way, literally everything has to be changed, the entire story has to be scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up.

It affects melee.

>tfw no vault 120 mod

also

>tfw only so many fallout1 and 2 mods to play

>no voiced protagonist
>make the map alot bigger to give the sense of a wide open world
>think of something good to go against besides some guys that want to kill everyone

Or Raul and then taking your caps back from him.

skills

House always wins BITCHESSSSS

>used to be a sperg who killed legion on sight and picked the independent ending
>go on /cfog/ for the first time
>see the errors of my ways

It's okay, user. We forgive you.

>not joining the legion
>not gaining Caesar's trust
>not gaining all the factions trust
>not killing him mid surgery
>not plotting Lanius downfall
>not taking over Vagus for him only so your character can kill him after the game is over so you take control of the legion and thus gaining a nation of loyal followers and cult that dare never go against the courier for fear of his seemingly god like powers

It's like no one really plays the game

Don't you have something more productive to do than shitpost, Robert?

Imagine being a decrepit House living thanks to a chamber for 200 years, in all the meantime the only means of entertainment you got is Jane and Marilyn

it's a big game okay man I'm working on it

fuck off

>slim picket teaches me some outdoorsman skills
>I'm now irradiated

th-thanks

just play Fallout Reloaded for the authentic getting killed by Russians experience

Fuck, when I played through the game I rushed the first half so I could get the GECK, because I was worried there was going to be a time limit like in FO1.
Of course there wasn't and it didn't matter in the end anyways.

I think that comic is officially canon, but I wouldn't expect it to impact the lore much in future games.

>cant even shitpost on your terminal

>tfw realize that the answer to the Legion's dilema of post caesar death is literaly the courier, he's immortal

What should I pursue next boys

>Helios One (Kill the NCR, route power to everywhere)

>Main Quest (Activating Securitrons under Fort)

>Lonesome Road

Jesus Christ

No family connection to Shaun. I know Bethesda's Fallouts have a weird obsession with family, but it didn't add much to the story besides giving the Institute a reason to trust you. No pre-war protagonist, either - I don't even know what that was supposed to contribute. I can go into more detail, but I figure you only want the salient points.

The Institute, Railroad, and Brotherhood and their mutual conflict are all solid concepts. The Minutemen don't really add anything to the story; they're basically Independent without any of the good parts.

I don't mind much of the rest of Fallout 4. I think the world doesn't have enough love put into it, but that's not what this question is about.

Be Shaun's brother/sister instead of mother/father.
Or aunt/uncle. Or teacher. Or boy-scout leader.

Anything but mother/father. It forces a connection between player and storyline that you can't just drop like it's nothing and it makes a lot of the game make little sense, like why the fuck are you spending weeks looking for bottlecaps or searching for that one crashed alien ship instead of looking for your son.

Hell I'd much rather have no family connection at all to any NPC.

I think the main storyline of FO4 is shit, but it REALLY is the very least of its problem.
Here's just some random points of ideas I have
-Stop trying to find stupid fucking reasons to have the games start in vaults
-Stop doing family shit
-Fix up the factions and their motives just a bit
-That one quest with Nick and Dogmeat was fucking stupid
That's all I have. I couldn't finish the main story.

>I'm here to kill you Shaun
>my old bus driver?

With the power of the big mt, the courier is unstoppable

This. F4 isn't salvageable at all story wise.
There are a couple of things in 3 which are worth while, but not much.

Post more Vault or game ideas /cfog/.

Vault 302
Only residents are either physically disabled or retarded

Dude that's from a series of threads on /v/ that started off as some memery about mods but then it evolved into that
shit ain't easy

How exactly does this roll for being able to bust down doors?

I thought Vaults only went up to about 120.

Vault 54

Populated only by midgets. The building and it's equipment is constructed only for usage by normal-sized people. So are the Vault suits.

To be honest the story in Fallout 4 isn't bad. It's borderline pretty good. The biggest issue being Bethesda forcing upon us the family connection once again, something which has nothing to do in a RPG.

I also would like Bethesda to stop forcing characters who came from vaults, seems like just a lazy excuse for the player to get a Pip-Boy at the start. Also, the pre-war part of the MC brought absolutely nothing to the story,

I think a bit of factions rework, reworking entirely the first part of the story by removing the "find your son" shit and replacing it with anything else, and giving a bit of love to the game world would do a good storyline.

I thought we were making up non canonical vaults

Its the continuation of stupid shit which shouldn't have been present in the first place.

To fix Fallout 4, you basically have to discard/retcon all the stupid changes in 3.

No? He said post vaults and game ideas. Nothing suggests that it wouldn't be canon.

Unless it's completely retarded like that guy posts Fallout Minnesota.

We're just making non-canonical vaults.

Besides, 120 can be retconned away. Sooner or later Bethesda will exhaust the number of Vaults, especially if they cluster them all in like a mile's radius of each other near a city.

They introduced the idea of unnumbered Vaults and named Vaults in Nuka World as a back-up plan though.

Found the zenimax phone number lets do some prank calls and shit.

hahaha so epic! It's like I'm in high school again!