That feel when you rev match perfectly

>that feel when you rev match perfectly

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8By2AEsGAhU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Especially during a downshift while breaking.

how the fuck do you rev match and heel toe
i dont fucking understand

rev-matching is just a downshift

heel-toe is a rev match (read above) while braking

You rev the engine before engaging the clutch while breaking. You apply all three pedals at the same time.

but how do i know what to rev to

Practice.

WHAT DO I REV TO
I DONT
UNDERSTAND
I HAVE NOWHERE TO PRACTICE
I DONT UNDERSTAND

get familiar with how high your revs are in a gear in relation to a particular speed.

you're just matching engine speed to wheel speed. Makes it a bit more interesting since you're braking at the same time. practice practice and more practice.

pic related, YFW when you get it down perfectly.

if you're having this much trouble trying to understand don't bother trying to pull it off .For fuck sake op even posted a gif demonstrating how it's done

youtube.com/watch?v=8By2AEsGAhU

at speed is honestly easier than in the city.

The road? In a car?

If you don't have that stuff done bother right now. You need to learn how to drive normally first

True that.

What shoes are those

>tried learning it on two different cars
>I can never get it right
>every time I blip the throttle the car lunges slightly

It's shit man, I can't understand it at all. It's supposed to slow me down, but all that slows me down is inertia, same shit if I downshift without rev matching. I'm just retarded.

put the engine at the speed that when it gets in gear theres no sudden lurch if you're hammering it and no need to make a gradual change in speed because you're not using the clutch to sync the engine and transmission to eachother

The pedals in all the cars I've driven don't seem to be suitable to heel-toe. I can't push the accelerator down far enough.

also if you're upshifting you might have to wait a half sec if you have a heavy flywheel and it's still spinning down

It was much easier for to me understand how to do it after riding a motorcycle and having to use every time I down shifted so I wouldn't lurch the bike.

>You rev the engine before engaging the clutch while breaking.
Expert, right here

>every time I blip the throttle the car lunges slightly
It shouldn't lunge if your blipping the throttle while the clutch is in.
Make sure the clutch is fully engaged and don't drop the clutch, slowly release it.

Oh I thought you do it while releasing the clutch. Isn't doing it while holding the clutch in bad for it?

Yes, but its worse just to dump the clutch and the and the engine and transmission sort it out instead.

No, you only want to get the revs up to the equivalent of the lower gear at that speed. Slowly release the clutch.

>slowly release the clutch
That's incorrect, and makes the whole practice redundant.

Here's a picture to help, red means stepping on it green is when is not applying pressure

thats what i was thinking i already had posted a poorly phrased explanation saying not to use the clutch to sync the engine and trans. thats not how to shift quickly or smoothly at all

Fair enough.

Holy fucking shit. I just got in my car and did this, it feels so much smoother. I feel like I should apologize to my clutch for making it work so hard.

But if you drop it and your revs aren't matched probably you'll lurch and put strain on the transmission

>that feel when every single downshift is perfectly matched because car blips throttle for you if requested

Nice.

In which case, you need to continue working on your rev matching technique.
The whole point is to maintain 100% drive lockup as constantly as possible.

>tfw shitty digital dash that doesn't show revs

Can I still do it?

well you shift gears with no tach right
Why wouldn't you be able to do the same downwards

>can revmatch downshift all the way from 6 to 1st if i need to
>left foot brake if necessary
>still suck at launching properly

send help pls

You're full of shit

anyone can drop a clutch, but to launch like a real man it takes skill

You shouldn't need to look at all.
Maybe you could get used to doing the mental arithmetic across all the ratios of your transmission, but it's better to just hear/feel the RPM instead.

Guess I got lucky starting on a bike, broke my clutch lever one day and had to ride for a week without it.

gay faggot

You got that right, bud.

Get used to it. It makes for a way more enjoyable ride and you clutch will thank you.

>try to heel-toe with size 15 feet in huge Danner work boots
>fuck up and slam brake pedal down several inches at once

Just feel it out, rev to how high you would be in that gear at that rpm if you were in that gear

Example- 4th into 3rd.

>in 4th at 3k RPM
>clutch in, get on gas
>rev to 4.2k
>shift into 3rd
>let go of clutch

Are those size 15 children's shoes?

I'm size 12 and I wouldn't even consider heel toeing unless I'm wearing minimalist shoes and can feel each pedal properly. My knees get in the way of the steering wheel too.

6'4
16 6e

ill just have the auto thanks

one day i too will be able to execute perfect heel-toe downshifts while wearing expensive Italian loafers

>tfw when you finally grow out of being a traditional heel-toe baby and master the triple heel toe

Why do I sometimes see people downshifting without rev matching? If I do it in my 2000 Civic, say from 3rd to 2nd I will more often than not feel a huge jerk when I let go of the clutch. It will do thay unless I'm going slow enough that going down into second doesn't make the car uneasy but I have to be going pretty slow. I've been practicing heel and toe downshifting because I think it feels a lot better to downshift when slowing down, especially when making a right hand turn or something. But yeah I see people simply clutch and downshift with their right foot on the brake and not getting jerked forward when releasing the clutch.

wtf is going on in that webm

thief wanted to steal the car and drive off but the car was alarmed with a manual gearbox, therefore the thief was un-able to drive off.

looks like a car thief who can't into manual