Thoughts on this vehicle?

Thoughts on this vehicle?

>FWD

So? Doesn't automatically mean the car is a piece of garbage, does it?

>A tarted up Asian market Civic sold only in Canada
I have a hard time understanding what the target market for this is supposed to be

No but generally this board is for cars that are fun to drive. Fuck off back to

Who said it's sold only in Canada? It's sold here in the US as well. As far as target market, I would imagine it's someone who isn't sold on spending so much on a German luxury car but wants to drive something a bit different than a civic/accord or altima.

Actually strike that,I was unaware they'd started selling them in the US too

That's such a stupid response. What you think you're so cool cause you spend your day on Veeky Forums talking about "cars that are fun to drive"? Get a life kid...

>yfw the predecessor to the ILX is the Integra
>honda views the ilx as a follow up

SeeI had it mixed up with the CSX which was Canada only

FWD
IS SHIT
KID

Go get your pimples popped, kid.

Great economy luxury car that competes with the Lexus CT. If you have money though, get the TLX.

You think you're cool coming to Veeky Forums asking about cars we don't care?

You right now..

>Rwd fags say Fwd is bad but they have to wait for the power they make from the engine to be carried by the drive shaft to get moving.
And you guys will see my tail lights since muh Lsd and my drive axles are directly below my engine causing instant fucking power

>and then he said his car isnt awd

Hey you... wanna pay more for a civic?

Funny since the civic doesnt offer leather, an 8 speed automatic transmission, an Acura badge, nor 201 hp and 180 lb/ft torque.. but ok. Now, if you want a similar engine you gotta go for an SI and look and feel like a 16 year old asian racerboy.

The civic does have leather. And the only ilx that came with 201 horsepower was the 2013. Torque specs are not 180

>he couldn't afford the automatic option

2016 was a refresh year, check out the website. They upgraded the car substantially, dropped the manual trans (yeah, i know it sucks), and made the 8 speed auto 201hp with 180 torque standard across the whole line.

Paying for badge
Fake leather or only part leather honda dirty little secret
Lift hood every thing labeled Honda
Same k24 engine
Wanting autofaggot transmission
All to funny derp

What do you think you are doing when you purchase an infiniti, lexus or acura? You are paying for the badge. Fake leather, not quite, there's the option for real leather. "Lift hood everything labelled Honda" - what's bad about that?

Never seen a Civic with an interior as nice as this..

I haven't been apart of acuras development in awhile. I have worked for Honda and just recently left for Subaru I love acura as I used to own an integra and my sister owns a type S Honda and acura will always have a place in my heart. I would love to own an ilx 6 speed. Even if the auto is an 8 speed I would not want it. I have serviced New tlxs rdx mdx and ilx at Honda and I really scorn the 8 speed. It's too jerky but I know it helps fuel economy.

Agree on the jerkiness. It's weird because even though most reviews are pretty harsh on the ILX, they seem to praise its "buttery smooth 8 speed transmission". I've found it can be quite the opposite at times, and it also seems like a waste of all these changes when the engine itself produces only 201 hp. It's not a bad engine, but I sometimes feel if I dont put the car in Sport mode, it doesn't do too well on the highway.

I meant to say, a waste of all these gears, not "changes".

>we

Veeky Forums is for all cars, trucks or bikes

>If you have money though, get the TLX
The TLX is one of the worst cars in the entry-level luxury sport class. If you're looking in that class, the 2014+ IS350 F-Sport, 335i/340i, ATS, and XE are much, much better.

You need to look more.

>the 2014+ IS350 F-Sport, 335i/340i, ATS, and XE are much, much better.
Not everyone buys used cars like a poorfaggot.

That looks like shit compared to the ilx

Sit in one and tell me it's any different, the ILX had no market to begin.

We're talking about Acura, not other brands. Get the fuck out. Of course we know other cars are better, but OP wants an Acura.

>Hey man, idk which Ferrari to get
>you: Just get a lambo

If you've actually sat in them we wouldn't be having this discussion. The Civic has a much cheaper interior.

>is it a fancy civic?
Yes
>is that really such a bad thing?
No not really. Acura is kind of positioned as a midpoint between luxury like BMW, Audi, Lexus, Cadilac, etc and regular cars. The ILX is pretty damn nice for the money.