Hey Veeky Forums I need help finding a good first car...

Hey Veeky Forums I need help finding a good first car, I have a decent budget and I think I'm reasonable in what I'm expecting.

>Looking for first car (23)
>Want a luxury car without the luxury parts price tax
>Want said car to be decent on gas
>Want said car to be easy or relatively easy to wrench on
>Want said car to be reliable
>Want said car to be a "business man tier" car
>Auto or Manual is fine

Budget is 11k.

>So far i'm looking at a Lexus or an Acura
My eye is on a 2009/2010 Acura TL, I know some hate the look but I like it a lot and they have Honda reliability. Is it a bad idea Veeky Forums?

hahahah faggot. You're not getting a good TL for 11k. It'll be high mileage and salvage title.

Do you know your credit score? How much cash can you actually use for a down payment? How much do you make a month?

he can get a first gen acura tsx

look at the Solara, it's a glorified Camry with floatier suspension, and more /comfy/.

Lexus LS430

3rd gen tl
or an older Lexus if you don't mind old man smell

The car is ugly and the cabin is noisier than an Accord, it's also really shitty on gas.
I also need to mention that this is the model that nearly killed Acura.

Want reliability? Want people to assume you're not a car guy? Want it to be fairly easy to work on?
Corolla.

I live in canada and they're usually priced around 12-14k used by dealers. I figured haggling would help me get it under 10k. With taxes fees pushing 11k.

Down payment is 5k. Credit score is 768.

I'll pass

I'll take a look user thanks

I like lexus a lot and they seem to retain value a better than an acura, will consider thanks user

I think a 2008 TL Type S would be nice, I like the look too, a regular 2008 TL kind of looks nice too. Thanks user

Is it really ugly to people? I kind of like it, but if it's THAT ugly then i'll just get a 2008. Is it true it was really a shitstorm for them?

Think of it like this, 04-08 was when TL was the highest seller on their lineup.
When that model was released it became the worst selling car on their lineup.

So you could probably afford to finance 20k. You shouldn't spend more than 20-30% of your monthly income on a car payment.

I've been really looking at the 2008, and there are already some benefits by just getting a car 1 year older.

>Can get AWD and more luxury features for thousands less
>Car itself is thousands less
>More people like the aesthetics
>Easier to find what you want (looks that way so far)

Thanks user, if it weren't for you I probably wouldn't have considered these things, I know it's weird but I wasn't really thinking that much about functionality but more looks, it does kind of look too aggressive for me.

I know I could finance a lot higher, but I'm not really on the market for something more then tops 14k. I know about financing payments and all that, it's really common sense. But thanks for the input!

BMW E36
BMW E30
BMW E24
Mercedes W123 300D
Lexus LS400 (XF10, XF20)
Audi C5 A6 Quattro
Lexus IS (any gen)
Lexus GS (any gen)
Lexus SC
Maserati GranTurismo
>pretty reliable desu, just maintain it right
Maserati Quattroporte
>known problems- leaking steering rack, power steering pump, clutch, head gasket
>Other than that pretty reliable
>seriously, maseratis actually aren't that bad to own if you can do your own work for the most part, parts are not too bad if you know how to get them.
Porsche Boxster/Cayman

shit I forgot to ready your budget is 11k my bad

corrected:
BMW E30
BMW E34
BMW E36
BMW E46
Mercedes W123 300D - best car on list desu
Lexus LS/IS/GS

can't get many good things for 14k shut up and buy a civic for

t. retarded tripfag

Oh and Acura AWD a shit. If you're going AWD go with a rear-biased system.

I like the idea of an E46, but for me maintenance/upkeep costs also factors into the price. I know well kept BMW's are reliable, but the difference in cost for keeping the reliability is also a factor for me.

14K and haggling can get you a few things on the used car markets. Keyword is haggling.

>G37
Not a big fan of them, but will consider.

>C300
Ehh I don't know too much about them, how are the repair costs? I imagine it being german car they're not for someone like me looking for a relatively cheap luxury.

Acura AWD is shit? I though honda made a pretty decent awd drivetrain. I maybe wrong, but from a quick google search nothing really comes up except for MDX.

Acura AWD is actually quite advanced, that tripfag is a moron.
Check out SH-AWD on youtu.be

Definitely check out an IS350. Great cars, especially third-gen (but you're not gonna get a third-gen for $11k lol).

>Acura AWD is shit?
Pretty sure Acura AWD in their normal cars is just FWD until it detects slip.

>knows nothing about cars
>acts like an uppity cunt
>AWD!!!!!!!!!!!!

go fuck yourself

c300s are reliable. change the oil yourself and it won't cost you a lot.

Thanks user, i'll see what comes up. I was under the impression honda makes an advanced or atleast better than average awd system aswell.

I really like the idea of a lexus, but since they hold their value better then acura's people like me with low budgets won't be able to get an un-fucked one.

I don't think i've come off as uppity, but I do take everything I read with a grain of salt and do my own research, sorry if you got the wrong impression user.

I can do general maintenance on cars, so I'll look into the c300, i'm just wavering on the idea of, if something breaks no matter how much I saved changing my own oil, parts will eat into those saving.

Again I haven't done much research and I might be dead wrong, but for me i'd like to stay with easy domestic or asian cars for the sake of being able to do any larger repairs myself. I guess i've been scared away from german cars since all the talk of them being a high-cost high-reward type vehicle.