Other urls found in this thread:

vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5663293292.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For example:

vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/ctd/5660119599.html

check the insurance rates first

then check for rust

No rust on cars from Japan.

Op get a type r civic or integra. You can buy any turd Subaru here already but you can't find a type r around here at all. If they're left hand drive they're expensive.

Get a type r - a real drivers car. A real enthusiasts car.

I've always owned Hondas and yes an integra type r is pretty high on my list but in all honesty, I'm just done with fwd.

Never owned an awd or a subie for that matter and it seems great for camping every weekend. My cb7 accord hates forest service roads

Fuck you than

JAY DEE EMM TYTE, BRUH

Caldina GT-Four. It's an AWD wagon with a 3S-GTE powerplant. Also not cop bait like the Subies.

Toyota Chaser

Ya and give you than.

>lowering a forester.

That makes no goddamn sense you fucking weeb!

Hah. I just want an import because of the low mileage/price.

Caldina, I'll have to look into that more. Seen one on a private sale but didn't look into it too far. Aristos are sexy sedans too but I'm leaning more towards wagons

Umm... Never said I was going to lower it.

Yes the sti trim is slightly lower suspension but it still has more ground clearance than the legacy wagon

Get a skyline gts t turboa.

They're awd and ducking turbeokenekw.

>It doesn't snow in Japan

Boy are you in for a shock

>no rust on cars from japan

if an importer told you that they are lying to your face

do not buy from them

t. jdm owner who waited over a year to find the one i wanted that was rust free

Crown Athlete Wagon V if you want RWD and based 1JZ-GTE. But...

>vancouver
>"""great""" import dealers

If you're thinking Velocity, stay the fuck away. Too many stories of people going on test drives and the car dying during the drive, and they buy the shittiest examples at auction, Armor-All the engine bay, and sell it at five times the purchase price. Buy your own with the help of a broker or buy private from someone who did the import themselves.

Second this, just go through a broker. my friend has done it twice, both times with Derek at pacific coast jdm i think it was called, and the cars are minty. translated all documents, tonnes of photos, and amazing customer service.
Wrx type RA was around 7000 landed, sti forester was around 5000. both under 100k km and no rust or body damage. pic related the wrx

Why would you import a boring ass generic lesbo wagon? At least import something cool like a Skyline if you're going through the effort. Just doesn't seem worth it.

Jayjay?

Hey fellow vancouver Veeky Forumstist.
While foresters and legacys are nice, they both suck up gas and are damn heavy. Unless you really need the space or want to go camping/fishing/etc, don't go for em. If I were you I'd get a nice soarer for way below your budget like this vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/5663293292.html
(ignore wheels) Looks good, better on fuel, lighter, more fun, and has more potential.

never buy a turbo subaru! twin turbos are worse.
>drinks gas like a v8
>high maintenance asian whore
>parts are obscene

buy a stagea intead from japan: its a skyrine wagon so has awd not as sort after as R32/33/34 skylines are same nissan running gear so parts are everywhere

If not the Caldina GT-Four have a look at the Mitsu Legnum VR-4 or RVR Sportsgear (Evo family hauler with sliding doors), Evo IX Estate, Nissan Stagea (Skyline wagon, 260RS is a GT-R wagon), Toyota Crown Estate or the Mark II Blit wagon.

>At least import something cool like a Skyline
Skylines lose their charm after seeing one too many fartcanned GTS-t R33s with black matte-wrapped GT-R bonnets and front ends.

The problem with buying one of these cars is that there isn't a north american equivalent to match parts with. I'm not OP but I'm in a very similiar situation in the same city looking for similiar vehicles for the same purpose. I'd love to own a stagea at some point in my life but I'd hate to see the bills when it breaks down and I have to import every part from some custom aftermarket japanese manufacturer.

My biggest concern so far is driving a RHD. I've never attempted it before and I'm worried about highway driving in it. How awkward does it feel to drive? How sketchy is it to pass people on a highway?
Is there any difference from a sc300/sc400? Besides the fact that almost every one I see in this city is a fuckin automatic for some wacky ass reason?

they made stageas in LHD too. admittedly they are hard to find. its the same RB26 that is found in a skyline. in case no one has told you nissans dont really break.
driving a RHD in a LHD country is no more different than driving a LHD in a RHD country. or move countries.
you will get used to it the more you drive the car the only real problem is drive thru's so you have to take your buddy so can order for you. otherwise people go:
>hey that guys steering on the wrong side!

>The problem with buying one of these cars is that there isn't a north american equivalent to match parts with
That tends to be the issue with imports. Less of a problem in Australia where we've junked plenty and have enough leftover Silvia bits to build a whole fleet of them from the ground up.

>Is there any difference from a sc300/sc400
The SC 300 and 400 were only offered with the NA 2JZ-GE or 1UZ-FE. The Soarer 2.5GT-T came manual with a 1JZ-GTE.

The SC 400 or Soarer 4.0GT are the most reliable models of the lot. Luxury tanks poised to outlive their geriatric owners, the louts that buy them cheap, and the lot that comes after them.

>I want to pay thousands of extra dollars to have my steering wheel on the right for special snowflake points

These subaru models are actually cheaper then the north american eqvuilent in similiar condition with lesser specs. Cheapest wrx wagon ive seen in this city in decent condition was 8,000$. Could get a 98 sti for that amount.
>don't really break
I suppose I don't hear many stories of them breaking because there's not many in this part of the world.

Sc400s have a 4.0 4 cam 32v engine that's rock solid. They make 280ish hp stock but can make about 400 with bolt ons. Sc 300s have non na 2jzs. Me, personally I really want to 5speed swap one since all of them are 3speed autos.

Does anyone know if you can 5speed swap a 400 for less than 2k and with relatively basic tools?

actually thats bullshit

there are a number auction houses to avoid at all costs because of their location. Japan has its own rust belt, and its pretty brutal.

That's rare, someone from Vancouver.

>vancouver
Come on man, you have 10k and you're looking to buy a vehicle that is just to be driven around and enjoyed right? Not to have anyone turn heads? It's fucking Vancouver, home to fucking N drivers in AMG, M and whatever high trim vehicles.

Do you want attention? buy a Skyline
Do you want attention from car guys who know their shit? Take these anons' advice and get the SC. Hell I'd do it.
Do you want to be a regular citizen? go buy your Forester then lol

another vancouver an/o/n here

you wanna be able to take advantage of having the north shore as a playground?

dont buy a heavy ass forester.

my first car was a forester. it was fun but even doing a lot of the repairs and mainenance myself i could not afford to keep the damned thing.

i drive a pulsar gtir now and would highly, highly recommend looking into them.

>glorious sr20det
>awd
>inconspicuous hothatch

why wouldnt you? like actually...

How often do you see of what car in tricity?

been seeing a lot less of S15s (early 2015 had more), barely any Kouki, 1 or 2 Stageas,
couple of Chasers and the usual Skylines roaming everywhere

(there's a shit ton more in Coquitlam since I work there)

And a lot more RHD GC8s too but obviously no Evo9s.

I've heard pulsars differentials are made of glass, and they're pretty rare. It should also be noted that ground clearance is a factor when it comes to buying a subaru. a pulsar is fairly low to the ground compared to a forester, although the STi version OP is looking for will have about as much ground clearance as a god damn civic. But you can remove all that tacky side skirt bullshit then rip up east harrison like a mad man.

And the pulsar is hardly inconspicious with that aggressive hood vent action. I'd love to own one myself but the ground clearance and practicality are major factors.

Or, if you don't mind the autotragic gearbox and the lack of turbo, you can also get a awd chaser or a mark2

im centered around east van.

in my immediate area theres a dude with an imported FC and a rhd ae71.

my bro drives a rhd r32.

lately ive only really seen an old supra, it was fresh as fuck though.