>450 lbs
>700 HP

>Chevy LT4
>529 lbs
>650 HP

Ecoboost swaps when?

Other urls found in this thread:

autoblog.com/2016/03/02/radical-rxc-turbo-500r-geneva/
hotrod.com/features/1505-exclusive-look-at-the-engine-that-could-power-fords-all-new-gt/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When they become cheaper and simpler than LS engines.

>Ford 3.5L EcoBoost
460 ft/lbs*
380HP*

false

link?

lol are you talking about the gt's specs? lol man i'm an ecoboost fanboy too but that's just a stupid fucking set of specs to quote when comparing it to the lt4. the M-6007-35T is like 10 grand and has 365hp and 420 ft/lbs the lt4 is 16k and has 650hp and 650ft/lbs.... what engine are you even referring to?

What a nightmare that will be to work on in the GT

Everyone knows that Turbo engines have limited lifespans.

Yes the LT and LS engines are fuck heavy but in ten years time I'd like see which one is still running with out wear issues, the LS engine or the Ecoboost?

>carbon build up
>stuck valves

The engine is making 700 HP.

Ford updates their engines yearly. The 2nd gen ecoboost uses port direct injection. That issue is no longer a problem.

That is a fully built engine with upgraded turbos.... it's not a fucking ford crate engine..

>fullly built
No, its actually rather identical to the production F150 or other EcoBoost engines.

"It packs a pair of Garret turbochargers and intercoolers, forged pistons, hand-finished headers, and a retuned ECU to deliver 600 horsepower and 465 pound-feet of torque"

Yet it still has the same block, crankshaft and displacement. It's a moderately modified 3.5L EcoBoost engine. Oh, and a ECU tune isn't modifying an engine, it's just a computer chip, try again.

that ecoboost will probably run 20K+ for a crate if not more

You can get an LSX 376 for like 9K

Shilling aside you'd have to be retarded to go for the ecoboost over an LSX if you're wanting a swap. You can take the money you saved and throw boost at the LSX and make more power and more torque

These are high stressed engines, just like the racecar, they'll never last.

Removing turbos exhaust manifold and taking an engine apart removing the rods and pistons then replacing rods pistons with new ones.. rebuilding the engine.. replacing the turbo chargers with new ones... replacing exhaust manifold with custom exhaust manifold then tuning the engine.. that is "moderately modified? the only other thing that could have been done with boring the fucking block and replacing crank bearings which they probably fucking did anyway.. so you are saying its a minor modification because they chose not to machine the engine block? And because of that its fair to compare the fake specs you made up for that engine to the fake specs you made up for the other engine? what the fuck am i trying? i said nothing but fact in this thread whereas you lied in every single post you made...

The Ford GT racecar only runs on 10 PSI of boost, it's not "stressed" at all. I hate when retards enter threads and start talking out of their ass.

hotrod.com/features/1505-exclusive-look-at-the-engine-that-could-power-fords-all-new-gt/
>literally just described moderate modification
It's a moderately modified 3.5L EcoBoost engine.

>fake specs
[citation needed]
Everything I said is true, keep crying.

>i've lied
No, I haven't. Try again.

IT IS NOT MODERATELY MODIFIED

THE SPECS YOU LISTED 700HP AND 450 LB/FT OF TORQUE ARE INCORRECT THE REAL NUMBERS FOR THE HEAVILY MODIFIED ENGINE ARE 600HP AND 465LB/FT

THE LT SPECS ARE INCORRECT AS WELL

ITS 650HP AND 650 LB/FT NOT 529

you have clearly never worked on a fucking car and have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.. taking a standard 3.5 ecoboost and completely rebuilding it with all new parts and tuning it is not a fucking simple thing to do.. it costs a ton of money and takes a ton of time and requires extensive expertise to even get a reliable product (especially with a brand new modern engine). THE only other thing that could have been done to the engine is machining. I HAVE PERSONALLY MACHINES A FUCKING ENGINE BLOCK IN A CNC MACHINE. if you think that is the most intensive modification you can make to an engine you are a fucking idiot. machining and honing a block is done by someone like me ( A FUCKING MACHINIST) i then take the engine to an engine shop to have it honed.. then i build it and bolt it together.. now you have a fully built engine.. the same thing you have if you follow all the other steps and don't fucking machine it.. A FULLY BUILT ENGINE REFERS TO THE INTERNALS YOU FUCKING TWAT. the hard part comes after you bolt it all together and try to get it to work well all the time.. and when you try to make it responsive and fuel efficient and reliable.
wait wait let me guess you'll respond again and tell me how i'm an idiot for getting mad because you were just pretending to be retarded... right?

>the real numbers are 600 HP
[citation needed]

>650 HP not 529
Nobody said 529 once. Are you literally retarded?

>the rest of your garbage post
I'm not even going to bother reading it if you're this stupid.

r u triggered

Are you illiterate?

When it's as practical as LS swaps. My guess is the one in the GT will be significantly more expensive/different than the one in the mustangs/f-150. Forged everything, different turbos, ect. I'm betting if it is ever offered as a crate it will be $20k+.

the citation is the article you fucking linked. it says lb/ft you fucking twat

yes

cellphone at a stoplight ... not apologizing for the partially retarded writing.

this is a troll thread; faggot probably cant even drive yet.

All engines have a limited lifespan. 99.9% of it is how the engine is maintained by the owner.

rather have an engine mostly made of metal even if it weighs more

OP is the same guy on last night claiming porsche is "shit".

Still is yet to address the following facts, so don't let him get away with his lies.

>Ford refuses to enter the green hell to do a lap
>Radical is literally making a LMP car with that ford engine, you are deluded if you think it's a production engine and not an aftermarket tuned one
>OP claimed that the radical engine would be the ford GT one, despite not being able to provide a single fucking bit of source and every other user posting source that FORD THEMSELVES claim 600hp
>OP is bias against v8's and too stupid to understand it's not ford engineering, but turbos that make the engineering good
>OP is too stupid to understand the benefits of a v8 making increased NA power (he does not understand how a turbo works)

Reminder that this is the same guy who does not own a turbo charged car trying to say he knew more about turbos than the guy who posted a timestamped pic of his r32 GTR.

Making fun of GM is easy, they make shit cars that don't handle well. You don't need to lie and stretch the truth, because then you just make yourself look like an idiot.

Get a basic understanding of engineering, not all v8's are shit. The porsche v8 makes 608hp and weighs just over 100kg, it's that fucking light.

The GM cars may be shit, but their engine (read engine, not the rest of the shit garbage drivetrain) has an advantage over a turbo car INHERENTLY because it makes far superior mid range torque.

If you are so dumb you cannot address all of these points without resorting to one liners, or comprehend how a turbo actually works you should fuck off.

Holy shit fucking rekt

was he seriously benchracing to someone who actually owns a high performance turbo car?

Yes, there was an user who owned a built skyline GTR and corrected him on his claims that peak power is all that matters, tried to explain how other factors have a huge play in engine driveability and he flipped out.

It goes against his narrative to hear that v8's have available torque at every single RPM and thus are liked because they're very drive able.

When a guy who owns a GTR is claiming he likes v8's and explains why calmly, it's worth listening. Then OP threw a tantrum because here was someone proving his factually incorrect bullshit wrong.

OP is new to turbos and thinks they're magical. He does not understand how they actually work.

I've discarded his point when he started comparing an aftermarket built engine to a production engine.

That screams of desperation. I like the Ford GT, by the way. It's awesome, but you're right there is no need to make up shit. Let it's own merit speak for itself.

Radical is not ford, just because they use a ford block. That entire engine is no longer ford.

What are you talking about everyone knows the turbo runs off the belt to provide boost at any RPM. What kind of lag can there be?

>Being this assmad ford perfected ecoboost

Federal police here in Mexico use ecoboost F150s. They abuse them to hell and some of them have over 1 million kilometers on them already. Most modern cars last if maintained well, apart from maybe VW and Italian shit.

/thread

Name one place where I said 529. Oh, right you can't because you're an idiot.
Porsche's V8's make less power, deal with it.

>OP is the same guy last night claiming Porsche is shit
[citation needed]

Nice job lying to everyone to try to prove a point.

>op claimed the radical engine would be the Ford GT one without providing evidence

False, it's the same engine.

>it's not ford's engineering it's the turbos

Ford built the turbos and engine themselves so it is in fact Ford's engineering.

>the benefits of a V8 making increased N/A power

What benefits? Turbocharged engines are still superior even with the "benefits" that N/A has.

>making fun of gm is easy, they make shit cars that don't handle

That's actually false, the corvette handles pretty well.

>the porsche V8 makes 608 HP

Yay! Good for them. Meanwhile the EcoBoost makes 700 HP. Atleast Porsche tried.

>gm's engine has an advantage over a turbo car INHERENTLY because it makes far superior mid range torque

[citation needed]

Any more autistic arguments I need to debunk?

Apparently you're retarded. Nobody in this entire thread claimed the LT4 made 529 HP. Yet you still claimed I lied about the specs of the LT4.
>aftermarket
It isn't "aftermarket", Ford literally supplies these engines to these companies.

>the entire engine is no longer ford

[citation needed]

Absolutely BTFO.

>20k for a v6 engine that comes on a fucking taurus shitbox and f-150

you are delusional

>will probably run around 20k
So you have no evidence?

You lied.
Completely different internals. And two different turbos and ecu . Cmon man that is a very different engine.

At least lie about something good next time.

The original post says >529 lbs

Does your mom have to wipe the fucking drool coming out of your mouth wherever you go? Because you are a fucking retard

Fucking dipshit

Welcome to Veeky Forums.

Intercoolers, turbos and pistons. Sooo? Moderately modified? Got it.
Exactly. Not horsepower.
not an argument, stay mad