How to sell

I'm selling my Evo. But I'm kind of new when it comes to wheeling and dealing. What is a tactful way to tell someone when you've already received a higher offer than what they are offering? Do you just say I've had a higher offer or do you also say the amount. I'm thinking of saying 'I've had an offer for $X, but if that falls through I'll keep your offer in mind'.

Any other tips for negotiating price?

just say you aren't willing to go under the price you've specified. if you say you've received a higher offer they'll just question why you haven't taken it instead and think you're full of shit.

Well the highest offer I received is still under my asking price so I'm waiting to see if I get any other offers.

what is your asking price anyway

$17.5k CAD.

RIP OFF for an old Evo you're nuts. You as bad as a boomer

>inb4 I know what I got

That's only 13.5k US. Car only has 36500 miles on it.

wow that's pretty cheap for such low mileage, is there anything wrong with it?

Yeah, it's an Evo

tell them you know what you got

Nothing too major. Couple of cosmetic rust spots forming on the rear fenders from all the damn salt they put on the roads up here.

kek
Just say you've already received better offers that you've turned down.

Decide what you'd let it go for, price it a few thousand more than that and then you got a buffer for negotiation.

Just tell them you have someone looking at it right now for a high price and you'll let them know how it goes.

Ok thanks. Yeah that's what I did. I'll just wait a few days for any more offers. Should I then let everyone know what the highest one was and see if they want to beat it?

I'd let them know since you do have a higher offer but I would avoid making it into a bidding thing.

No, if they gave two shits about paying that much they would have offered. I'd walk away if you tried to start a bidding war. If someone offers close to your top offer then tell them you got an offer at XXX already and see if they will beat it but otherwise don't bother.

If OP's pic is any suggestion, he's selling an Evo IX, aka the worst Evo

>rusty evo

Take what you get offered you fucking moron

Ok thanks. Yeah I didn't want to seem sleazy and try to play people off each other.

what province?

if you say Ontario I'm going to kick myself in the ass. I literally just quit working at a mitsu dealer.

Ontario. Why are you kicking yourself?

god dammit. I've been looking at buying an 8/9 for ages now.

I figured working at the dealer and having a hoist available would make fiddling with that much easier.

Well I'm not going to advertise here but it's on kijiji and shouldn't be too hard to find.

Literally best Evo

>not the Evo III, VI or VIII
Eat ass

How could the VIII be better than the IX when it's uglier has a smaller turbo and no Mivec. The IX also has that neato Tarmac, Gravel, Snow ACD thing.

>uglier
Nah, the VIII improved the Evo design with the little divider on the grille. The IX looks like a dudebro with Downs
>smaller turbo
Yeah, smaller yet it produces more horsepower than that failed abortion of a car that is the IX
>no Mivec
Who cares? There are other ways to get VVT

don't forget "i know what i got"

>There are other ways to get VVT
Don't be a fucking tard.

Tip #1
Ask for proof of fund to test drive with copy of DL and insurance paper. If not shown, they can sit in the passenger seat.
You're going to see lots of tire kickers and dreamers. Sounds like a jackass to put this in the ad but you must. It helps filter out the people who waste time and let me focus on the people that are genuinely interested. This works on these kinda cars, not necessary on cheap commuter

Great tip. I was wondering how to handle test drives.