Mods:
nexusmods.com/starbound/?

community.playstarbound.com/resources/

steamcommunity.com/app/211820/workshop/

QOL mods:
pastebin.com/WeKUygSf

Mod Guide:
(feel free to add mods there)

docs.google.com/document/d/1bogJqITtx6qLy0QAP-93Q4ndD8yWWsHDKZl7SZXlJzs/edit?usp=sharing

Wiki:
starbounder.org/Starbound_Wiki

Item ID Repository:
starbounditems.herokuapp.com/

Serverlist:
pastebin.com/8TNruA0p

Server Points of Interest Sheet: (finding /sbg/ on various servers)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eaPqQC4u3LnlMdP_RAGxAFCJLYZ0ZcO1XTDpOWA9EBk/edit?usp=sharing

Zinc's Discord
discord.gg/Tk9wpth

Mod plans: ideaguying thread. Let's make Starbound great together.
docs.google.com/document/d/1BTvQY1q4XKfSNOee92GseDi7ZUe1k94FeHOUwizHBQo/edit?pref=2&pli=1

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10918436/
starbounder.org/Cosmetic_Armor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for space moths soon.

nth for my Novakid character's husbando

3rd for happy hylotls

anyway, what server do people play on?
i want to build stuff with a group a pples

Best race(s) still going.
strawpoll.me/10918436/

>Open the booru.
>Be greeted by three cute anime girls
>Take a look.
I shouldn't have done that.
I play on single player

People used to play on grayles, now it's dead.
People used to play on gameunity but now that's dead too.
/sbg/ vanilla server when?

>Sitting on my forge all day
>Waiting for someone to request a weapon
>Waiting for my foster daughter to come
>Waiting for the Hylotl Scientist next door to take a bath so i can peep from my room window while i write love letters

What are you ppl doing/building?

That reminds me... Is there any way to unlock ALL stuff for all races?

I want to build a glitch medieval castle with muh human conqueror and wear a Flourin skull armor.

Admin spawns?
Also, I think you can buy racial armor from merchants.

Building a sprawling hidden lab complex beneath my modest brick home. Current focus is the mech hangar and deployment elevator (elevator is functional so long as you're not actually in a mech, but it's functional.)

/admin

Be careful using the pixel printer, it can crash your game if you're not careful.

/admin Spawns is best for safety, Pixel Printer with all recipes can easily freeze and crash your game
If you haven't, unpack the game files and look for the objects you need

I've finished the lunar colony for the moon dungeon mod, but I want to add more mini dungeons. Anyone have any ideas for moon minidungeons they would like to see? (must be 60 by 60 tiles or less)

You, yeah you.

Draw poptops!

You have a pencil, why don't you do it?

Giant lunar worm insides

this.

yes
this is good

For the love of GOD don't use a single building material, PLEASE

The fact that the walls are entirely made of a single block type makes it very grating. Vary it up a bit.

In order to improve my skill at drawing, I'm going to do one thing: Draw my entire crew.

It might not be the most useful thing to do, but it would be a neat thing.

Slight progress on the hangar. I also have a monitoring room and an arcade. More computer rooms and experimental labs will come later.

God speed, user

For Frackin Universe users, 3 wispers look like spooky ghosts, 3 of them like frozen shades (pic related) and 1 of them still original until I decide what to do with it.

I am a master artist.

An exterior of the deployment elevator.

The computer room.

The arcade.

Reminder that poptops could have been so much more.

And the above-ground facade. I know it needs some improvement (the stairway in particular, I really need some ideas to make that look better), but I'm planning to come back to it later.

Are poptop hats still not a thing?

Nope. starbounder.org/Cosmetic_Armor

A silent watcher, always vigilant.
This grinds my gears. Poptops could have been great. Instead they're just another generic monster.

Why is the wall in the right side of the house one block thick, while the wall on the left side two blocks thick?

>not es perfecto
Shame.

I aim to please.

I added a little more variety to things.

that reminds me, didn't they have plans to put (or at least let you code) minigames in the arcade machines?
how did that do?

Shhh, dont tell him theres actually an official taco version of that image that only i have on my possesion and wont post.

Perfect.

It's an interesting feature they promised, what do you think happened?

Only one, the mazebound machine made it. It is really shit

Soy un artista principal.
How the fuck do you draw a poncho in something without arms?

What is this even supposed to be?

Anyone know how to spawn codex books or how to make a useless item?
I want to make plot items for RP

Ah, I must've missed that. I originally had one more background blocks' thickness on the left side to try and convey depth to make it clear that was the front of the house, but that looked stupid so I got rid of it. Guess I'll try to rebalance it again.

Much better. Now do it with the rest of your stuff.

Make a destroyed futuristic city that was once filled with life until something happened.

Make a pirate space port with a small dungeon.

Make a technodrome.

2nd for pirate space port

Ask Brad

Why are you so mean to me?

Made spookit more spooky.

I hope you like finding wraiths out there.

Have you gotten to those blue ghosts that float around asteroid fields?

Looks like a glitch, what the fuck?

Not yet. Eventually. I'm pretty slow and I was actually expecting for the whole general to contribute bit by bit, or at least for a better spriter to step up and fix my messy work

If you have any suggestions for a monster and a replacer feel free to post your comment here and I'll see what I can do.

Next monster will be this

Well, that was silly of you.
And I'll be honest, I'm not finding a lot that would actually improve over the thing they've already got. At least, not and be in any way natural-looking.

My modified sprites don't look perfect in-game.
But perhaps the same could be said about many of Starbound's monsters. Blocks and furniture sometimes look extremely detailed while the "aliens" suffer from lazy design and coloring. Even if it doesn't look perfect, what I hope is that at least it will look less silly than an "evil ghost cat >:3"
It's not so far-fetched. If modders start modding it can easily become enjoyable. We need to get the ball rolling again, though.

You should be fine as long as you don't post your pony avatar like you did on derpibooru.

I suppose.
Closest thing I can think of that rolls around floating and runs into people is the Ectoplasm enemies from the GBA Castlevania games. And, admittedly, a writhing ball of screaming faces is spookier than, well, a spooky ghost with caveman brow.

People who release music packs as paks are a cancer. I don't want all 400 moeblob soundtracks and duplicates of stuff I already have

Lost Planet mod when.

How comfy are you currently?

anti-comf

I have no idea what your whole post is about, so ill just say "ok".

Reaching critical mass with my autism with God Dame Space Stations

Also not sure if it's an issue with the mod or what but the last time I warped to the station every merchant character just started dying. Like they'd die, respawn, and instantly die again. No idea what's going on with them

Like right here. It's like he suddenly suffers from explosive decompression

Read the starbound.log file and see what is conflicting

>tfw I've used probably a dozen cities' worth of pressurized beams/metal
>barely even half-done with my space tube
But, by God, Asteroid M will have proper roadway infrastructure.

I wish there were trains and such.

How horrifying.

It's tall enough to ride a hoverbike in, so there's that, at least.

Aren't there those rail things?

Those only let you put a moving platform.

Maybe make a conveyor then? How many platforms can you put on a rail line?

Depends on how many stop points you've got, and if it loops.

Didn't there used to be a thing that let you hook on to rails and ride them along?

>Roadway
>Not using asphalt

Novakid ships

I'm not making more than 30000 asphalt blocks. Fuck that.

>making blocks individually in chucklebound

I'd still have to rip up and lay them, user.
And fuck if I'm doing that again.

Holy shit is that the medusa sprite from Heroes 2?

Use admin

It is.
How does it look?

I dunno why it's blue and purple, but it looks pretty goddamn good.

Any plans of going for any other Heroes monsters?

Depends. if I see a sprite that fits I'll edit it a bit and put it in. I accept suggestions though.

>building my underground lab
>Run into the core fragment mine
Hmmmm, pave it over or integrate somehow? Decisions decisions.

It's purple because the anglure monster was purple so I recolored it to fit this monster's biome.
Medusa will eventually shoot these from pic related, as shooting light bulbs won't make sense anymore.

Again, still have to rip up the ground and lay blocks, user. I can't just point and delete a layer of them.

Kinda can with superfishaxe.

I was thinking about the neutral ghost enemy or the phoenix from the sorceress faction.

I was always a sucker for the warlock dragons, but they're probably a huge bitch to sprite.

Eh. It looks good enough for me at the moment.
If I was really anal about it I'd replace the flooring with more pressurized beams.

Are there any mods that add medic guns of any kind? I dont want any bullshit magic staff shit.

I want Killing Floor style medic rifles.

I remember back when public beta started, some guy gave me a modded rifle that straight up healed whatever I shot at. Not quite KF style, but close enough.

Phoenix kinda seems like 3hard5me for now, but Ghost seems simple enough. I'll probably add that one, at least as a wisper alternative.

You're doing god's work.