Why does Veeky Forums shit on Mercedes so much?

Why does Veeky Forums shit on Mercedes so much?

>high reliability marks
>only company that still offers a V8 in a compact sedan
>entire fleet save for it's low priced economy cars are all RWD
>unmatched interior quality
>creates jobs in America and pays their workers well
>has a full range from compacts all the way up to semi-trucks
>oldest car company in existance
>superior build quality
>offer powerplants ranging from electric all the way up to V12
>bringing back glorious I6 layout as BMW shifts to turbo I4 engines
>highest build quality from a non Japanese company period
>actually affordable to run if you avoid dealerships
>diesels that perform better than hybrids and don't cheat emissions
>immense stress on safety, but not enough to interfere with driving feel
>superior highway handling

Other urls found in this thread:

which.co.uk/cars/choosing-a-car/how-we-test-cars/how-we-test-mpg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When did "Veeky Forums shitting on mercedes" become a thing? there was a thread hours ago worshiping old mercedes bricks.

The only german auto group that gets shit on a lot from what i've seen is VAG and occasion, BMW but that's mostly because their fans can be the the loudest screaming of the german 3.

Mercedes builds cheap shit that gets sold for top dollar. Thats why.
Just like bmw and audi

>high reliability marks
On brand new cars, which Veeky Forums can't afford, so they hate it
>only company that still offers a V8 in a compact sedan
which Veeky Forums can't afford, so they hate it
>entire fleet save for it's low priced economy cars are all RWD
Cheapest Merc is 38k,which Veeky Forums can't afford, so they hate it
>unmatched interior quality
which Veeky Forums can't afford, so they hate it
>creates jobs in America and pays their workers well
this is entirely irrelevant
>has a full range from compacts all the way up to semi-trucks
>oldest car company in existance
>superior build quality
On brand new cars, which Veeky Forums can't afford, so they hate it
>offer powerplants ranging from electric all the way up to V12
So do most car companies
>bringing back glorious I6 layout as BMW shifts to turbo I4 engines
>highest build quality from a non Japanese company period
This is an opinion
>actually affordable to run if you avoid dealerships
This is arbitrary
>diesels that perform better than hybrids and don't cheat emissions
This is an opinion
>immense stress on safety, but not enough to interfere with driving feel
This is an opinion
>superior highway handling
This is an opinion

OP=rekt

Wonder what Mercedes pays OP to do this

I used to be a BMW fanboy and slowly but serly I'm swtiching over to mercs.

Current BMW is a toy/appliance maker.

Because some driveway meme "mechanic" told them it's bad

The Apple of the automotive world

Because MB USA is the reason why we have a 25 year import law for grey market cars.

Because they're overengineered, unreliable, isolated luxury cars with no feel and only automatics. At least Lexus makes simple and reliable luxury cars.

Yeah, only if you buy pleb-teir bullshit. Buying an A-calss or B-class for prices that are unusually low for a Benz tell you something - they're shit.

You can never have a cheap mercedes, they're expensive for a reason. Their slightly worse than they used to be, and there were a couple of years where they were American build quality tier, but if you pay Mercedes price for a proper one, it won;t let you down.

And no, your cupholders being too small or having to pay expensive maintenance bills because you don't service it and treat it like shit don't count. Look after cars and they'll look after you.

No, your corrupt government is the reason you have a 25 year import law. Mercedes-Benz are German and not even us Germans have that law because our government isn't cucked by corporates as easily.

Nah, that's Tesla.

^

Instead it's cucked by globalists and cultural marxists.

there's literally nothing wrong with globalism.
if a mexican can take your job it's your own failure

>being this cucked

>Instead it's cucked by globalists
t. the nation that outsourced most of its production to China and is now forced to sell each other insurances, loans and chinese made products for a living.

>no argument
top cuck

The largest and most profitable company in the world? The same one that is universally hated by clueless windows babies who cry because "bro you can get a larger, uglier computer with a shit tier OS for way cheaper"

>NEETs crying about jobs being taken away that they weren't going to apply for in the first place
Precisely why your own women don't like you and opt for minorities instead

The largest non-governmental employer in the world is Walmart. Apple has 5% of Walmart's employees.

>Walmart
Literally who?

>objective fact
>oppinion/irrelevant

Speaking of Mercedes Benz, whats the absolute best motor oil to use for it, speciically a 2010 GLK350? I've been using the standard recommendation of 0W-40 for as long as I've owned one

>Le epic neet meme

Epic for the win you sure got them xD

Because none of their cars have manuals except for the SLK250 and who would want to buy that?

The story of grey import legislation contains nuances that a lot of people miss. I think what MBUSA was really pissed off at was not that people were importing grey market cars and cannibalizing USDM sales, but that the importers were then flipping the cars for a profit.

And, not to make this too much of a political thread, but in the Clinton years there wasn't so much political polarization in Congress. I'm not 100% sure that a similar law would be able to pass Congress today (assuming import regulations can't unilaterally be changed by the executive branch), especially in the age of ubiquitous high-speed internet that allows news to spread like wildfire. Look at the backlash that occurred when the Detroit Big Three and other automakers lobbied to make working on your car illegal under the DMCA.

>V6 German cars
You should all be killed
These cars exist for teenage girls.

Well, actually, the root of the problem has more to do with different properties that U.S. and European crash and emissions standards have.

Ahem...

In Europe, or at least large portions of Europe, there is abundant public transportation, plus you it's easy to walk/bike/take the bus to get around. Roads are designed for horse and buggy (ever tried getting around inner London?), gasoline is heavily taxed.

In the U.S., public transportation is more or less nonexistent outside New York City and a select few metropolitan areas. Therefore, a car is essential to get around. Roads are wide and gas is cheap.

What's more, California has unique topography that exacerbates smog caused by vehicle emissions. Cities like LA are nestled in valleys and surrounded by mountains, which can trap NOx and particulate emissions and lead to things like brown sunsets. Europe doesn't have these problems.

For these reasons, U.S. crash and emissions tests tend to use more realistic methodologies European tests. In particular, the Euro 6 standard is still based on the old NEDC test which hasn't been updated in essence since the 1970s and lacks real-world driving scenarios. The EPA Federal Test is based on realistic scenarios, and stricter on NOx and particulates, while EU testing only cares about displacement and CO2 emissions. This is why the Camaro SS, is heavily taxed in Europe even though it gets 27 mpg highway (the tax comes from its 6.2L displacement).

As for crash testing, EU/UNECE standards focus more on low-speed collisions with pedestrians, whereas the NHTSA in the U.S. focuses on high-speed collisions with other cars, again reflecting the different uses

It is for these reasons that Americunts can't buy a Hilux Diesel or an A45 AMG. And California's standards are adopted by the rest of the country, as well as Canada, because it's politically easy and California is a huge car market.

shes still pretty hot

>America
>not the most cucked nation by globalists and "
"cultural marxists"

top kek

Continued because of the 2000 character limit.

To learn more about how outdated NEDC is, check out: which.co.uk/cars/choosing-a-car/how-we-test-cars/how-we-test-mpg/

The upcoming Euro 7 standard will have a new, more realistic testing cycle developed by the called WLTP. Though, the jury is out on how it compares to FTP-75/US06/SC03/HFWET. (the driving cycles in the EPA Federal Test; they are city driving, aggressive driving/fluctuating speed/warmed engine, air conditioning, and an improved highway test. A cold cycle test was added to FTP-75 in 2007.)

A lot of British tabloids are moaning that Euro 7 will mean the end of diesel engines. I mean, if it's a choice between London's infamous smog and no more diesels...

> not even us Germans have that law
Oh yeah, you can just import whatever car you want from wherever? Of course you can't, you aren't even allowed to change the wheels on your car legally in Germany without spending a ton of money for your government to approve them, it's the most automotively cucked country in the world behind Switzerland.

back to

>doesn't know about the BNC

>Oh yeah, you can just import whatever car you want from wherever?
yes

> you aren't even allowed to change the wheels on your car legally in Germany without spending a ton of money for your government to approve them
you are a retard, all you need to to is get them homologated by a shop, at least that how it works in some countries

>Biz her yer Trabzon
>Niggah is from my own town

That's why you don't buy base model cars.

Why are you people so stupid? Why do you conflate modern German cars with pre-06 German cars?

Because nothing has changed. If anything, they're even bigger jews.

i avoid mercedes because the models that i would be interested in aren't offered in stickshift

you fucking nigger, what?