Will they ever bring it back?

Will they ever bring it back?

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/car-shows/detroit-auto-show/news/a27869/marchionne-new-viper-could-happen/
motortrend.com/news/the-dodge-viper-is-being-axed-because-it-cant-fit-curtain-airbags/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why would they? It's slower than a V6.

Doubt it.

>tfw no SRT4 Dodge Dart

They need a new chassis. they'll either have to work their magic with the current one to get it to meet safety regulations or design a whole new one which could be expensive as hell.

The current Viper is ending production on a good note so i'm kinda scared of what they might bring it "back" as. if their just going to take a Ferrari (and this very well might be a realistic possibility) and put a Viper logo on it then why bother. just let the name go and move on if they are just going to try and make it a hallow shape of its former self. (at least keep the engine until it can't meet emissions anymore) Surprisingly the engine isn't the problem its just the damn chassis. engine still has life to give until its banish by the Lords of Smog.

I don't necessarily like the way the new "Supra" is coming back. (aka BMW Supra not even built by Toyota)

Probably.

Dodge has a habit of brushing off old iconic nameplates and putting them to use again.

>They need a new chassis. they'll either have to work their magic with the current one to get it to meet safety regulations or design a whole new one which could be expensive as hell.

That wasn't the problem with the Gen-V Viper. The car itself was great. The thing is that they were just asking way too much for it and the Viper simply priced itself out of the very market that it was successful in. Soon unsold cars were piling up and production at the plant slowed down significantly until it completely ceased. Price of the cars were dropped $15k to $20k just get the older cars off the lot they've been sitting on for 2 years. When the UAW sat down with the FCA to negotiate a new union contract, the union workers voted for killing it off so not even the people whose job it was to build the car wanted to keep it around.

Agreed.
>new Dodge Cuda
>but it's a turbo V6 not a V8
Mfw

sauce?

>Given the architectural development within the brand, there is a possibility that a new version of the Viper may surface
From the CEO himself. So it will probably be a couple years before we see it back in action
roadandtrack.com/car-shows/detroit-auto-show/news/a27869/marchionne-new-viper-could-happen/

They need to focus on trying to figure out what the fuck to do with Chrysler and Dodge, especially since gas prices will eventually go up again.

I drive a challenger and its a great car but they are reaching the limits of the platform. The 300/Charger/Challenger series based on the old W210 E-class needs a new platform and new engines in order to stay competitive both performance-wise as that platform is 21 years old now.

Once they figure out their bread n butter performance cars, they can focus on a new viper

>That wasn't the problem with the Gen-V Viper.
Really? some articles i saw were saying one of the main reasons it was ending production because of side-curtain airbags requirement.

motortrend.com/news/the-dodge-viper-is-being-axed-because-it-cant-fit-curtain-airbags/
>"That standard, FMVSS #226, requires side curtain airbags. The Viper as it currently exists can’t be fitted with curtain airbags without significantly reducing its already limited headroom. Thus, the model will die in 2017, when all vehicles will be expected to comply with FMVSS #226"

>The thing is that they were just asking way too much for it and the Viper simply priced itself out of the very market

yea, i already knew sales also played a part in its demise (although i heard Chrysler has also always kept the Viper around as more of a Halo car to draw attention to the Dodge brand similar to the Audi R8 with Audi and the LFA with Lexus)

i think hes talking about the Radical.

>be me
>pass captcha and click "verify"
>"error contact recaptcha try again"(×9)
>(((keyboard headbanging intensifies)))
>MFW!!!

There's going to be two versions. One that has a v8 HEMI and the turbo v6 one too.

I fucking hate the fact Toyota doesn't have the balls to just make a 3JZ.

I understand BMW are one of the very few still toting the inline 6 but fuck them still.

>I fucking hate the fact Toyota doesn't have the balls to just make a 3JZ.

They haven't made a JZ engine in over a decade. The JZ family is dead so why the hell would they make another one?

....because they're fucking bringing back the Supra? Are you retarded?

All makes do that so they don't lose rights to the name.

>Are you retarded?

Ironic that you say that since you're the one here who believes that the Supra MUST have a JZ and that Toyota must resurrect 1980s technology to use in a new car 30 years later.

I bet you don't even care about the actual engine details as long as they slap the "JZ" designation on it.

Oн тнaик fцcк

actually, yeah, retard

That doesn't warrant resurrecting a redundant engine line you silly dumb retarded cunt.

>redundant engine
>still kicking a lot of engine's asses to this day

stay salty, retard

Source on the turbo V6? From what I've read it'll be a turbo four, atmo V6 Pentastar an the Hemi.
Based on the Fiat/Alpha RWD platform is neat though. Would be good to BTFO of GM with another turbo V6.

>potential peak output is the sole measure of a powerplant's relevancy
I ain't remotely salty, I and others in this thread simply seem to lack the mental deficiency you have to agree with your dumbass logic.

>whinging something doesn't exist
>telling others they're salty when they offer logical reasoning to your salty rants
Look up physiological projection and I'm sure there's a picture of you.

>i and the others in this thread

you and another dumb fuck, but hey we're on Veeky Forums so I don't blame you for trying to justify your non-existent argument

ofc I'm whining, they're putting a stupid BMW engine in the new Poopra, that's a travesty

Fuck you, I like Travis.

You certainly maintain a salty stance with your short sighted ranting.
Stay salty, projectionist.

>mfw they bring it back but as a bastardized FWD version like they did the Charger

What Charger was FWD? i don't think that level of horsepower their hovering at (600) could take a Front Wheel Drive-train unless they scaled it down.

or maybe...
>Viper powered dodge dart

This one.

This thread is in violation of environmental pollution standards.

i hope not loved the viper let it be

That was mostly just a rebadge Plymouth Duster.

The L body was made more for style than speed. The turbo II variants were nice. Pushed 200hp I believe, or close to it.