/agdg/ - Amateur Gogem Dev Girls

GooGoo gurlz Edition.

>Next Demo Day (X)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

>Next Game Jam (Lewd -- Blueboard rules still apply)
itch.io/jam/lewd-jam-2016

>Lewd Jam Collabs
docs.google.com/document/d/1K9wlzcJntyOCV3KLvRcvllZ2ZUnGgrDtiwPdMLlw5XQ/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sm0Pxz0uq-62L46TdXmKisynbhLI_by-pLNlcgo4B8M/edit?usp=sharing

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/# (Still in beta)
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627

>Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/X6fLvtzA

>Previous Jams
pastebin.com/qRHNpCbZ

>Chats
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev

>Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Unity: unity3d.com/

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ilPDxaFM9W0
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1473016336521.webm
soundcloud.com/jbai/dream-eater-ost-roads
tools.aggydaggy.com/#
coolmath.com/algebra/08-lines/06-finding-slope-line-given-two-points-01
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/tripcode/!ROtaTe.Z.Q/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have no ideas and talent. Please help.

What's an easy idea?

>it's a gogem thread

can't go wrong with a platformer
at worst it's boring (unless you fuck up basic gravity, momentum and collision stuff)

how much ram do average phones have?

A game where you play a poltergeist trying to improve someone's shitty life but your only means of communication is through moving objects

Right, I figured the items had stats, but not too many games ALSO visually display the items.

The gameplay doesn't look boring to me, but the combat does look somewhat unsatisfying. Swinging the sword especially just doesn't feel like it has any weight. If the combat were juicier I think it would make your game more enjoyable.

I really wish retards would stop making the OP

1-2 to 6. I need more game. :P

Daily reminder phonedev isn't gamedev.

What if I port my PC game to mobile

that actually sounds interesting

>barely worked on jetpack robo game this week
>started witch platformer to test different physics system
I think I will use this distraction to develop a boss system then port it back to the jetpack game. So far I am satisfied with the results of the physics and animation tests.

Isn't that basically Ghost Trick

Back to the drawing board

Then you're making a mistake.

post your PC game

neat blood drip

A mistake that will probably make him richer

youtube.com/watch?v=ilPDxaFM9W0

I wonder if anyone actually buys good mobile games

Surely if there was a demand, they would exist

ah yes, let's make a new thread before bump limit

Upgraded with jump animation
What is webm without audio stream, can't seem to find a good program to record my screen. Recommendations?

>freaking steamfags downvoting my game, why don't you take your negative reviews and stick em up your ass
>getting real freaking tired of these normie devs giving me crap...
>restricted rock paper scissors, we're riding this train all the way to the Meadowlands baby

I think this transformation thing is finalized now, maybe, possibly. Replaced the big explosion with a proper animated thing, and got a spooky roaring sound put together too. Also got one of the attacks working, where he uppercuts you right in the face

w/ Sound: i.4cdn.org/wsg/1473016336521.webm

>still refusing to link the discord in the OP

OBS + WebM for retards

Incase anyone is still interested

OP, here.
What would your OP be anime? or Another old meme from steamchat? Why do you care about shitpoters making OP and such? Shouldn't you be working on your game instead of crying that the OP is not to your liking?

>starting new threads early to push your meme pictures you're so proud of spending the time to make
It begins anew.

It's pretty good, user. I can't wait to play it!

Sounds neat man.

The samples remind of me PS2-era Silent Hill stuff. I like the panning on the toy piano/music box thing too.

> You’re about halfway done with Punch Guy 2: Punch Harder when one of the gameplay coders shows you something he’s stumbled on. It’s an emergent behavior we hadn’t planned on during the design phase. Our new “destructible environments” feature combined with our “punch guys over railings” feature, and created this situation where you could punch someone through a window. Once people found out about this, they formed a little group around one of the testing computers. All afternoon there’s been a rotating group of five or six people passing the controller around, blasting dudes through windows with uppercuts and cheering. It’s the most enthusiasm the team has shown in weeks.

> Everyone who tries it says, “We should add this to the game.” Moments like this are why you went into making games in the first place. It’s an obviously fun feature, its something your rivals making Fist Man don’t have, and as a bonus it will look great in trailers. Obviously you’re a fool if you don’t put this in. And the feature is basically done, right? So this accidental thing is given the blessing to become a real feature. You don’t need to put it on anyone’s to-do list, since people were basically already working on it in their “spare time”.

Early bird gets the worm.

2x too long

>Damn it. Go away. Go away... so tired of this. Friggin' go away you freak.

to rotatedev

> But as time goes on, it becomes clear that the feature is not actually as close to done as it seemed. Over the following weeks, a gradual trickle of new issues get added to the global to-do list:

> 1) There are only a couple of windows in the game where this feature can be used. We should have the level designers go in and add a few more, where possible.

> 2) Windows were originally supposed to be un-breakable, so right now there’s nothing but a black void outside. Level designers will need to go back to completed levels and add some sort of facade for the world outside the window. (Which artists will need to design.)

> 3) The AI doesn’t recognize it’s been punched out of a window, which means the victim just stands outside of the level, shouting combat taunts. This might lead to players getting stuck in areas where their goal is to defeat everyone.

And what is the worm? It's clearly not just about making a new thread it's about the desperate need for your meme pictures to be seen. Think for a second about how pathetic this is and how the rest of us see it. It's rotate tier pathetic.

> 4) The lead artist is driven crazy by the fact that you shatter these dirty external windows and the lighting doesn’t change in the room, even though it should let more sunlight in. She insists that we add some dynamic lights to deal with this. In the end, she’s right. It really does give the window-breaking an extra visceral kick, because it gives the player an additional way to change the environment. But it also means a little more fussing around and generally adds a bit more overhead to building levels.

> 5) There are a bunch of strange edge-cases where you can punch a guy out of a window, but other dudes are between the victim and the window. The victim sort of floats through them, which looks horrible. We need changes to the AI or fight logic to handle this.

Spent the last week or so making 3 new editor windows. The first two lets you design character base stats (Class) and swappable auxiliary stat modifiers and skill sets (Subclass) extremely quickly, and the Progressions List editor lets you see and edit what skills the Class or Subclass will get and when.

> 6) A tester punched the final boss out of a window and ended the fight in 5 seconds. Remember that being punched out of a window is actually just being punched over a railing, which was supposed to be an insta-kill as far as the game is concerned. But we don’t want players to be able to insta-kill the final boss.

> We originally dealt with this by not having any railings in the final room. But we can’t remove the windows from the final room. The cutscene animator is adamant that this window is integral to the pre-fight cutscene. It’s major component of the lighting in the room, and one of the characters even looks out of the window and comments on something outside. Removing this window would mean re-writing this scene, re-scripting the action, re-recording the dialog, and re-designing the room layout. The artists say you should make the window unbreakable, which the gameplay designer hates because it goes against the established rules for no good reason. He thinks the window should be removed, which the art team hates because they don’t want to throw away all this work and make the scene less visually interesting just to solve an “exploit”.

> This debate goes in circles for weeks. Eventually some bright young kid comes up with the idea of making the window “strong”. It cracks every time you slam someone into it, and on the third impact it shatters. Maneuvering the final boss to be thrown into the window three times is actually more difficult than just doing the fight normally, although it is faster. This seems like a good compromise, and even a nice side-goal for skilled players.

> This solves the problem, but requires even more work from everyone.

where is the tool for webm again, just got a new pc

Now that's a good gif. Like a full mini episode in 1.99 megs.

> 7) The art team thinks the glass particles need to be re-worked. They were fine if this was just a random bit of scenery shattering, but now that this is a major feature and it’s going to be in cutscenes and trailers, we really need the bits of glass to glitter in the sunlight. There should be dust. And there’s a three-day debate in email where the team argues if it makes sense for there to be flying blood particles or if lacerations from flying glass wouldn’t start visibly bleeding until after the body hit the ground. Suddenly everyone is citing Wikpedia, or Myth Busters, or their cousin who’s an EMT, all trying to give a definitive answer to justify their vision.

> 8) The really big foes – “bruisers” to the dev team – don’t look right when going through a window. They’re so tall that their head passes through the frame at the top and their arms often clip through on either side. We need to either make them immune to throws in front of a window (the gameplay guy throws a fit at this suggestion) or we need to record a couple of new animations where they… I dunno… maybe tuck in their arms and head so they fit through the window? Can the animators make that look good? (The lead animator looks like she’s going going to bite someone when you mention this to her.)

> 9) The flying glass particles we added? Now the sound designer says his effects no longer match. His sound was originally sort of a generic “something broke” sound, but it’s totally inappropriate for this cloud of flying glass shards we have now. He wants to add a few new sounds for this, and he needs the scripts for the windows to be changed to use these new sounds.

Thanks man! I'll probably post about it here when the demo is out.
psst, it's actually a celeste, don't tell anybody. No one knows what the fuck a celeste is so they always assume it's some ungodly tuned music box(and i like leaving that impression, but still)
soundcloud.com/jbai/dream-eater-ost-roads
This is my favorite of the tracks I've made so far for the game, though. I didn't really expect to get into that "genre", but somehow, I did.

> 10) In the warehouse level, guys are scripted to jump IN through the windows for the set-piece brawl. This is confusing as hell for playtesters, who all wanted to stand in front of the window and punch guys back out the moment they jumped in. This doesn’t work the way they expect, and it would be lame if it did. We need to change something so that players no longer want to do this.

> Eventually – after weeks of back-and-forth – we have the guys enter through some sort of chute.

> Suddenly this “tiny” feature has gobbled up a couple of weeks worth of development time. It’s not management’s fault. Nobody here is a bad guy. Nobody is incompetent. The only way to avoid stuff like this it is make a firm rule of NEVER EXPLORE AWESOME FEATURES THAT AREN’T IN THE SPEC.

> I don’t think anyone – developers, players, managers – wants that.

Next time we should just ignore any new thread with a reference to any specific dev (specially namefags) and meme acronym.

This is all too true

Send Help!!

Yeah this thread is breaking the rules by being made early anyway.

The thing about these forced circlejerk memes in agdg is they give the subject undue validity. Gogem really is a tool who makes bad games and namefags despite never posting progress and everyone thinking he's a joke. Making playful meme images about him is just homosexual buddy buddy elbow nudging which the fags who make them do because they want everyone here to be their friend and they want to be in on some kind of inside joke.

If you make meme images about someone like rotate he will only further believe he is a celebrity here and considers the person who made the image to be his friend. This makes him and the person making the image homosexual circlejerk buddies.

Nice Yume Nikki clone.

>tools.aggydaggy.com/#
nvm

>Think for a second about how pathetic this is and how the rest of us see
First of all, this is /agdg/. Second is posting an OP 30-20 posts early really hurting anyone?
Third, if you want /agdg/ to improve its behavior to "more mature" you guys should really be taking all your posts more seriously. Engine devs fighting over languages, code,art,idea,music,1MA all fighting over who's more valuable to their team. Source posters, "Where is your game?" morons fighting in an ever lasting loop. Not to mention people who are so bitter that go out and attack "lessor" games over the way they draw or how messy they code. Don't even get me started on "Who devs"

All that being said, how is me googum posting so destructive to this general?We have plenty other problems to worry about.

As much as I love Yume Nikki, I don't really think they're very similar. Neither is the soundtrack, actually. But I think there are a lot of, uh.. Homages? I dunno.

>1MA all fighting over who's more valuable to their team.
only a schizo like you does this

kinda math questions guys, ive 2 vectors, start and dest, dest is updated every 10 or so frames, and im interpolating player move to it using float variable step, how do i calculate that blue line?

Check your last thread friend. Our general is far from a Utopia. This is a problem with anonymity.

I'd put good money on all of those things being the same people

You could be making a game instead of making meme pictures about namefags in some obscure Veeky Forums thread for self-validation. Do you really need your circlejerk meme pics to be seen so badly that you will break the rules to make early threads and put them in the OP? Apparently you do.

Don't fall into the trap of taking inbred memes from a tiny thread with ~100 posters more seriously than your gamedev or before you know it you'll be tripfagging and taking HRT.

I like rotate and gogem. They're fun to have around.

artist looking for a programmer, gay/trans preferred

Added mechanics for finishing the race, basically after the players goes through all checkpoints he can go through the finish line and he is marked as finished along with his placement and time etc, and if he is one of the first 3 he gets placed in the pedestal.
Next thing will be adding items to make the race more fun (rockets, mines, turbo, shield) and stuff like that

>fun

>They're fun to make them bully

Fixed

???

So I just got a female voice actress. She's recording all the lines tomorrow. There is no speech stuff but a lot of various noises. I'm excited to get the recordings! The witch is going to have voice acting.

Who?

Chests!

I'm okay with seeing gogem around because he's actually made games and has things to say. Rotate on the other hand has never made a game in 2 years of namefagging agdg, has no personality, nothing interesting to say and is an abomination of a person. What's fun about him?

How do we fix mobile games?

i assume anyone who enjoys rot8 is someone who's masturbated to his CD pics.

>insane alex jones-tier shitposting tranny who thinks a moth is out to get him
>spends most of his days importing models and walking around them with VR

What's not to like?

coolmath.com/algebra/08-lines/06-finding-slope-line-given-two-points-01

Same.

Just someone I was introduced to. She has a cute voice however and some experience so I think it'll turn out well.

stop making them.
Mobile isn't competent for games right now and is incredibly limited, in both input and hardware.

Not even counting the environments you're forced in. Android is hell for money, and both the applestore and the cydia store aren't much better.

no ads and no micotransactions

All joking aside rotate is a legitimately disturbing person. I feel like the thread is soured whenever he posts. Just the fact that he exists in real life bothers me let alone seeing him post in the same thread as me. Gross.

Anyone up for a lewd collab for a furry game?

You should consider using blue and white tones for your snow, senpai. Those lime and turquoise shades you have going on look very unnatural.

It's like Skyrim but with realistic pokemon battles and open world MMO

ask her to do some moans that never end up in the game

and vocaroo it

googum is a community treasure. I honestly hope one day he finds his way into the mad gamedev cash that has so far eluded him.

No Man's Sky just came out bro

no ads should be a given.

depends on the microtransactions. Never sell power or content, only worthless dick hats. devs gotta make somehow.

But then the white won't ramp with my green or grey tones! It will look better with a bit more tile work, trust me!

Nice pasta, but there are several places where you just need to shut the fuck up.

1 and 2 who cares, constant revisions should be done to make sure the product is polished.
3 is valid, but should be resolved by having the enemy auto faint. 4 you can ignore. 5 is bullshit, there should be collision logic since this is a game where you punch dudes.
6 has several points where complexity is being added for no reason. In the final room for the final boss, don't have the boss die instantly like normal enemies and have him re-enter. Or animate him grabbing the rail and pulling himself back up because he's the boss. Tell the cutscene animator to shut the fuck up, because this is a game not a movie. More bullshit because the simple solution is ignored

Following is just argument for argument's sake. Oh no the artist has to fix something? Oh no the Animator has to fix something? Oh no the sound guy has to fix something?

Polish takes time. But what you have are an entire team of idiots who don't seem to understand that this will take time and effort to do, like every other aspect of the game. Because as it was said, this is a feature that Fist Man didn't have. Do you want to spend a little more time making the game GOOD?

The reality is that this WAS management's fault. Management should have said, since we all have experience implementing features, and since we obviously have set regular milestones so we have an idea of how much work we have to still do, can we feasibly work on this?

Stuck on a ledge? Just murder everyone.

please reply to my bait

ok, the final area of the landscape is more or less done. I'm gonna put a roof over it so you can't jump up on the walls or use the minimap. I just need to fill it with some trolls and stuff.

now I can add the 4 statues, write the code to activate them, and then start working on the dungeon level at the end

That sounds like exploitation. I am probably gonna post batches of the recordings for opinions after I separate them. We honestly just handed her a webm and just told her "make all the noises in this webm".

>10 seconds
You could make it 2-3 seconds if you found a way to improve the particles behavior.

You can't

The platforms are dogshit for creating decent gameplay and users don't want to pay for anything unless you use scummy skinnerbox techniques that ruin the game for both paying and non-paying players. Also, you need about 20 million dollars in advertising and a botnet to scam the store popularity algorithm if you want people to even know about your game, let alone play it.

At this point all you can do is watch the cashed up corporations milk the normies dry with their non-games.

Compare the two
gogem
>namefags and argues with people
>has derided demodays and gamejams which hurts agdg
Easily ignored if you don't like him

rotate
>tried pushing numerous devs off the board
>went as far as to make youtube videos telling devs to leave
>posted attentionwhoring pics and videos of himself in the thread
>tried to start agdg2 and kill agdg when his popularity waned
>started tripfagging after throwing daily tantrums about namefags
>dropped a dozen of his own projects before dropping rotatevania
>dropped rotatevania without explanation after convincing 2 artists to give him assets completely wasting 6 months of their time
>made fuck all for progress
>continues to make fuck all for progress
>tried to start another discord to kill agdg discord after getting banned
>attacked discord with proxies and posted a cell phone picture of him doing it
Kill it with fire

I think you missed the entire point where they eventually resolve everything within a couple of weeks anyway.

Out of curiosity, what's the largest team that you ever worked with? The pasta was a joke about working with larger teams.

That seems real clunky without a mouse

Have an 'Expand' hotkey for items which lets you drop/equip them directly from their box rather than dragging them

Why would you want something that that is white and blue to ramp with green and grey? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I don't mind him being a namefag because it makes it easier to filter him, the thing is he shitposts with anime and other anons reply

>tried pushing numerous devs off the board
Still does it.
He tried bullying shaman dev just last night
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/tripcode/!ROtaTe.Z.Q/