/evog/ - Evolve General

sub 5 hours teammates edition

>LFG List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RQGpWqupSMEKL8g9qzBKUK0aBMdrFz9DX0LXxAkuTuQ/edit?usp=sharing

>Add yourself to the list^
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQw9-2MUEqdIx3D3a29jbyFEB_Hka_sBhJ_Cbc5uurpZC4XQ/viewform

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now it's been hovering in the few thousands.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>patchnotes
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/the-paladin-armor-update-2-08-live-now/100587

>Last thread

Last thread got 522r / 34i. Is that a high score?

first for daisy has a nice @ss

at level 74 you unlock 2 different kind of badges, in 2 colors - that's FOUR BADGES 4 U

level based match making was better than this random MM that certainly doesn't care about skill level

nDG won today's tourny, nDR got second place in their pro debut, HT came in forth despite missing their main medic and NLA came in fourth.
DD did not participate.

The overall points
1) DD
2)nDG
3)NLA
4)HT
(not sure if HT is 3rd now after their win or still 4rh)

>get a really terrible cabot
>he goes in a huff and refuses to take part anymore, just running away from team and monster at all times
>we just win anyway, doing much better without him present because all he was doing was bringing domes down by getting dumpstered

Sometimes, life is good.

>go on the forums
>more whining about Paladin Parnell
>more whining about Hank
>more monster players want buffs

It honestly makes sense why the game is in this state.

This game is dead because of lennox/sunny duo mains
Who knew a dried up vagina and a jailbait nigger could cause an infinite flow of salt

Were there any surprises in who was run? Any gorgons, kalas, torvalds, etc?

It's because of TRS

No kalas or torvolds. But some i saw 2 games with gorgons and the monstor won. They end up playing almost all monsters since u can only play each character once.

Is there anywhere I can watch these? I want tot see what "pros" do with her

So how is Crusader Parnell? Haven't played for a couple weeks, anything new in terms of balancing?

Is it still:
Assault: Markov
Trapper: Griffith/Abe
Medic: Val
Support: Sunny

assault meta: markov or parnell
trapper: e griffin or abe or normal griffin
medic: val
support: hank

Superbadjuju usually cast these tournaments on twitch. I think next is on sunday 1pm gmt

>sunny
wat

>more monsters than hunters
Gee I wonder why. If you queue monster you're almost guaranteed a free win and if you queue hunter lol.

This game is actually really consistently fun if all you do is queue for co-op mode and always skip deepest dark and cataclysm

naw the bot monster is boring, i only have fun when i dont have a retarded team in solo queue and the monster isnt a complete douchebag stacking DRs either

Well co-op is all I play, and I'm happy to say that even if my team is completely pants on head retarded, every one of them, the lackluster bot AI means I can still have fun and win while I'm at it if I try, so I'm not only having fun just half the time (or less).

is winning = fun in your perspective?

Did you miss the part where I clearly separated the two ideas with the line "have fun AND win while I'm at it, if I try"?

actual NEW hunter when

Never. There's no way they have the resources to make that happen
If we're really lucky we'll get a new monster but I'd rather see the missing content come back first

Honestly surprised they brought mercer back to do more lines for abe

Dead thread

dead game dead playerbase dead devs