/dyg/ Duelyst General

Bump edition

>Link:
duelyst.com/

>what is Duelyst?
Duelyst is a Strategic and fast paced collectible card game very similiar to HS, but with a very significant twist. it has a chess like field that you position your generals and monsters on. this is not a game where you only have 5 or 6 spaces to place your cards anywhere you chose, positioning is extremly important to wining. This makes it to where its less about luck and more about brains, granted luck is still a factor with any card based game

>Patch:
news.duelyst.com/duelyst-patch-1-71/

>ALL THE INFORMATION HERE
reddit.com/r/duelyst/wiki/newplayerguides

Other urls found in this thread:

zyxthezyx.wordpress.com/2016/09/04/economy-class-duelyst-shimzar-edition/
reddit.com/r/duelyst/wiki/decklists
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Silvertongue Cosair is my waifu

/r/ klaxon/nimbus yuri

>tfw enemy abyssian adds me mid match to ask if sunforge lancer's buff is permanent
This card is amazing in a healyonar deck with regalia

Is it?

Yes but it can be dispelled

How do you get tickets for the "Arena"? Couldnt find them in the shop.

Also, do you only draw "cards" every 2nd turn? I know that you can trade cards, but I had an almost empty hand and 24 cards in the library, but didnt get a card.

>How do you get tickets for the "Arena"? Couldnt find them in the shop.
You pay 150 gold for a gauntlet run and get a ticket for another free gauntlet run if you get seven or more wins.
>Also, do you only draw "cards" every 2nd turn? I know that you can trade cards, but I had an almost empty hand and 24 cards in the library, but didnt get a card.
You draw one card at the end of your turn, every turn.

>How do you get tickets for the "Arena"? Couldnt find them in the shop.
just click the gauntlet and it'll prompt you to buy one

>tfw my misplay was a mis-misplay
was going to silence a lantern fox, forgot it, then realized he had 6 cards in his hand already
not that it mattered when I had a 9/9 abyssal juggernaught hitting face on like turn 3

>abyssal juggernaught
reeeee since when are abyssians allowed to post here

when I crafted 2 spectral revenants that's when

bullshit faction, bullshit archtype

that being said, Lilithe is bae

>not the loli

>takes no damage from generals
what a tilting effect if they don't have an answer

like what, a creature? it's a battle pet, it'll run face first into anything

really tempted to reinstall this but i dont feel like playing vs abyssians who just spam minions and build two 20/20 shadow watchers

did she get nerfed or is the game still unplayable?

Is koi a battlepet?
Never actually used it

yeah

all battlepets have three-letter names(koi, yun, oni, dex, etc(no pun intended))

Except Rawr.

They're not played nearly as much and shadow creep has been heavily nerfed
they only do 1 damage now regardless of how many on the field
I'd give it another shot

makes you think if they intended to jax and mew to be battlepets from the start

>throw down fiz turn 1
>enemy throws down a pax
god dammit
might be a lose in this arena run

who /glorious vetruvian master race/ here?

me, sajj is my waifu

what if his actual name is RAR because he's many battlepets compressed into one
his attack animation is even turning into electricity
I just fucking realized this

i was really liking the game until i got into mid silver and suddenly all my opponents have 100s of wins and legendary cards

that tombstone one is bullshit

Welcome to the start of the season.

D I S P E L
I
S
P
E
L

>lose arena because I went first instead of second
fuck at least let me play rock paper scissors for it
so bullshit

Ribbons don't mean a ton, I feel like. I got most of my ribbons from the gauntlet.

Bro, I have like 600 ribbons and I'm terrible at this game.

How goes your gauntlet run?

>tfw third run of the day and I didnt got a single legendary

My last run ended at 10 wins that didn't start losing 'till 8th win so I'm not feelin' so hot this time.

>tfw bullying vetruvians
is there any better feeling

alright well help me out here

how do i go about collecting my card wealth

ive opened like 10 orbs and its almost always been 4 white 1 blue

should i be buying classic or expo orbs
do i get packs for gauntlet even if I dont win a single game

Why'd you pick Sajj over Zirix?
>should i be buying classic or expo orbs
Classic.
>do i get packs for gauntlet even if I dont win a single game
Yes.

>how do i go about collecting my card wealth
focus on a deck you'd like to make and disenchant other things when you know you have enough dust
Classic orbs have a better drop rate
You always get packs even if you go 0-3. The more wins the better spirit/gold you get and you also get a free random card. If you make it to 7 wins you get a free ticket added on to all your rewards. Good luck user

>how do i go collecting my card wealth
keep getting and opening orbs, dust everything you already have x3

>should i be buying classic or expo orbs
Gauntlet tickets

>do i get packs for gauntlet even if I dont win a single game
Yes, you still get a Spirit orb and some spirit even if you go 0-3, everything higher than 3 wins is profit

thanks

>Gauntlet tickets
oh right this is a good point
You shouldn't buy packs since gauntlet is really rewarding. If you get good at gauntlet by knowing which cards have good value and go infinite in arena you can be netting 300 gold worth of stuff including the free gauntlet ticket. Getting 50 gold will instantly make arena worth it due to the pack you get and the spirit + free card is nice

also thanks, wish I hadn't blown all that easy newbie cheevo gold on packs now, oh well

With newer cards like Falcius, I feel like I can really take advantage of her BBSpell from time to time. I usually pick Zirix.

If you get 12 wins then you're guaranteed a legendary + epic + rare in addition to the gold/spirit/spirit orb, unless I just happen to be super lucky the times I've gotten 12 wins since their changes to the gauntlet rewards.

Don't worry too much about it. Unless the deck you want to make is a vanar deck(pretty cheap faction), it's going to be some time before you scrounge together enough dust to make a top tier deck. Until that point most people just get frustrated playing in ladder against people with loads-e-legendaries. Most good decks cost about 8-10k spirit total.
I know a lot people don't like the website itself, but there's actually quite a few good guides for this game on reddit and I would recommend checking it out.
zyxthezyx.wordpress.com/2016/09/04/economy-class-duelyst-shimzar-edition/
reddit.com/r/duelyst/wiki/decklists
Just don't follow decklists blindly. To get good at deck building you need to look at individual cards and decide if it's worth the slot, mana cost, and whether or not there is a better alternative.

>page 9 after 22 minutes
Why must Veeky Forums be fast

Lots of generals riddled with normies and redditors

are they ever going to change the general art

one the one hand i hate waifubait

on the other hand all of these women are hideous

No desire
Fans draw them for free

which decks do best in arena when given the chance to pick them?

Both Vanar generals can abuse their BBSpell pretty well in arena. I personally like Lyonar Man-Dude myself, though. (Even though a lot of my 12-wins came from Vanar)

Swarm Lilithe, either Vanar general, and Vaath all do pretty well.

Don't die twice in one day.

yeah i just went 0-3 in my first gauntlet to 3 fat armor ice dykes

pets and dispels/damage/removal everywhere

This is the easiest daily challenge they've given in a long time. I hope they're not running out of ideas.

I disagree. There were definitely easier daily challenges before.
If they run out of ideas, they could just re-use old ones.

Is their a way to choose which pack type you get from gauntlet?

Not as far as I know. It seems to be random.

>puppy dragon
>azure horn shaman
rip
hope you drew a sunbloom with that replace

Is that gauntlet?

Looks like it, unless he decided to put Planar Scout in his constructed deck.

I must be brain dead because I can't figure this challenge out. It wants me to use the backstab, but there's no way to get my general that far.

Walk forward and use Mist Walking.

yeah, i went 0-3, 0-3 to 5 fat mohawk eskimos and 1 parka eskimo

>tfw sunforge lancer in healyonar
>tfw aegis barrier on light chaser
I don't think I'm ever going to get over this. The synergy just feels too good to use.
Few seconds before this he had an 8/8 abyss juggernaut that I dealt with

Wacky Mantella Adventures.

>teleports his 2/3 ranged minion away from my provoke so he can kill the light chaser
>four winds magi triggers and gives my light chaser the hp to survive it
kek, sorry senpai

Why do you consider planar scout as a bad card ? I usually use him, you make me wonder if I miss a point here

2/1 is a terrible body and the airdrop doesn't remotely make up for that.

Hey guys, just wanted to remind you that Nimbus is a pretty terrible legendary card. You should disenchant it so you can something else you like.

ranked is gay everyone has epics and I got nothin

aye
good luck in gauntlet
or buy 40 regular orbs and make whatever deck

why the fuck is there even a report feature when you can't talk

"help he was spamming emotes at me and im too dumb to mute"

>"help he was spamming emotes at me and im too dumb to mute"
Well it's the same reasoning where you can report people for harassment/racism in mobas or other online games when there's a mute feature
people are retarded

Did you do all the secret achievements/solo challenges etc for as many of the free cards/packs/gold you can get? That'll really help if you haven't yet.

i did but my packs were all complete trash and I didnt have arena unlocked yet

>both loses in arena so far has been due to enemy getting lucky with grincher
boy i sure do love rng ex de lol

im starting to think that downloading this game was a mistake

get out before I get attached to it y/n

yes. there's some comment that from the devs something along the lines of "RNG is healthy."

yeah fuck it i want to play arena but I can't win any ranked games so I cant get the gold to play arena

Guess my Gauntlet wins with this deck, folks! I finally think maybe I can do it this time. General is Argeon.

>sky burial x 3
Questionable.

I think you're going to have a hard time using Sky Burial, usually. I'm going to say 5 wins, but 7 or higher if you can pull off divine bond plays.

>Obliterate

What are you doing here at such a young age
Everything you've typed so far implies you're nowhere near 18
Maybe 14 at best

its Veeky Forums m8 trying to communicate at anything beyond a 6th grade level is a waste of effort

Nah, adults really do type like that. It's sort of like handwriting where once you mastered it, your style doesn't really change all that much unless you force it.

see by neglecting proper punctuation, spelling and grammar im trying to communicate a casual disconnected tone from the subject matter

~*fartz*~

this guy gets it

If you want to be a little bit more formal you capitalize the start of your sentence but still neglect punctuation

If you are native speakers and that's how you feel, that's ok, but you have all the time in the world here. I can't believe that adding a few punctuation marks here and there and capitalizing the first letter seems like that much of a hassle. I type like that only when I'm chatting with someone on any type of a messenger so that I can type it fast enough so that it could seem like a normal conversation.

it's not for hassle, it's for style

keep it up grandpa

Reminder to ignore shitposters.

Иф јy вaнт cтaјл, дeн cвич тo cиpиликc. Лyк aт диc E C T E T И К мaдpфaкp.

>Turn 1 Bur
>Turn 2 it beats up a Healing Mystic and becomes Dex
It's gonna be one of those glorious days isn't it?

Best deck

>dawns meme

Hey, I played you in gauntlet yesterday. I still can't believe you had fucking obliterate there, gave me my second loss.

>Not linking the Steam url page to advertise to the normies