/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #558 - Team Sonic Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!H8Vk0DzS!uNqZXOwOBzNBIPvoVt3Gx2yFzFQ2-UZmXSp_b8LKCBg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Mina

Fuck off op

fast

superior OP

First for she's dead and gone and we're all happier for it.

nth for Egg Harem

Download the latest comic here,
/sthg/ bros
mega.nz/#!H8Vk0DzS!uNqZXOwOBzNBIPvoVt3Gx2yFzFQ2-UZmXSp_b8LKCBg

IM SO MAD
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mina-a-Underutilized

TBolt is best girl

>this edit

That's a weird way to spell Amy.

Jesus are the comics that awful?

Are these the two most underutilized characters in the Pre & Post reboot eras?

What's there to really do with Relic?

Reposting for faglord
You misunderstood my post. I'm calling you out for ignorantly claiming high ground in the name of the fanbase for other people's work who may not want to be associated with you or your interpretation of the fandom.

I didn't call fan games unproductive, I call you and Sonic general posters unproductive and you fail to see this due to your lack of self awareness.

Fan games are just a part of the fandom. Other fandoms, or rather people within fandoms, also make fan games. You aren't in any place to arbitrarily hold yourself over any other fandom. It's all the same shit.

The most productive thing a fandom can achieve is directly helping its franchise, I'd argue fan translations would be the most productive but that isn't necessarily true as it might hurt sales.

The reboot and removal of various characters was the best thing that could have happened to the comic.

Is there a list of characters that could realistically be brought back into the comic?

Holy fuck, those are some big bumps.

>I've started working
Definitely post an update when you finish with them! And thanks for this update too, I really love seeing how it's coming together.

isn't Sega hiring fans to help make games nowdays?

it used to be

also, that's an edit

Amy a best!

So-
Soni-
SONIKKUUUU

>The most productive thing a fandom can achieve is directly helping its franchise

Sonic Mania is literally being created by fans.

Who made this edit I want more

Thrash and a few of the Mercian Freedom Fighters are the only ones I can think of immediately. And I'm pretty sure Ian has no plans to bring Thrash back.

>We will never know everything that happened in that lost year.

They used to be horrible, they're much better now.

good

You know it!
I need to get a collection of Amy art and Sonic art in general for posting here...

This guy knows what's up!

there are no more echidnas to kill

his character arc is complete

I find the book pretty boring now, so I disagree.

>Post yfw there's an anthro villian for 2017

Eggman used his angst of not being a robot anymore and rebuilt his empire as a global superpower. That's...pretty much all I know.

I'm sure the terabytes of Sonic scat fanart and OC fanfiction were a great benefactor to Sega hiring the Mania team.

You did it, guys!

>there are no more echidnas to kill
There's one.

I disagree

Cute

Two, if you count ghosts.

two if you count the ghost
three if you count wally in cosplay
a whole bunch more if you count all those swimming in the limbo that is chronicles

How do you know it wasn't?

>yfw freedoom fightas are in Project 2017

The fact that a fangame creator is now directly helping SEGA make a game which has garnered a lot of publicity and positive press proof that the Sonic fanbase is directly helping its franchise. I like how in this post you try to make a distinction between people within the fandom. I am not claiming other people's work, I am claiming that people who are active in Sonic fan communities (aka members of the fandom) are more productive than most fandoms. Can you name me another time when fangame creators made a game officially with the owner of the IP to massive acclaim?

Is Shade still around

4, if Metal Knuckles is around somewhere.

I'd rather they not.

I'd consider her in limbo.

If only they went further and removed the Freedom Fighters. The cast is big enough to the point where they're no longer needed. Not like anyone would miss them if they were gone and the main book was just Sonic, Tails, and Amy running around the world doing shit

semi-canon otherwise fixit or advanced enchilada tech wouldn't exist
unseen due to legal shenanigans

>I'm sure the terabytes of Sonic scat fanart and OC fanfiction
Maximum cherry picking. Ignoring the entire fan hacking and fangames community Taxman and Stealth came from. Or the fan artists and fanfiction writers who now work on the comic.

Ya'll just have shit taste is all.

>Does it look like I'm practicing stand-up comedy?

>main book was just Sonic, Tails, and Amy running around the world doing shit
boring.
next, please

Hog in a box.

>Not like anyone would miss them if they were gone
There's a good number of people here who would disagree with you.

Mephilies was a shit so I'd be pissed off

Ignore him he's retarded

>people
>here
Who?

Only if Sonic gets to go back in time to punch Hitler for not autographing his notebook.

You can keep the other non game characters, maybe even the FFs, just shove them to the background and remove them from focus, at most giving them minor roles and never giving them an arc of their own.

Basically they should never exceed game characters in relevance, so someone like Sally should not be more important than say, Nack

I'm waiting for the books to recapture my interest again. Unleashed dragged on to the point where I couldn't care less about it's conclusion, and the upcoming Classic Sonic stuff doesn't interest me either. Only saving grace I have is the Chaotix.

>the Sonic fanbase is productive and created great work
>nuh-uh look at all this shit work
>but that doesn't invalidate the mountains of great work at all
>la-la-la I can't hear you
You need to take a chill pill my man.

bottled hog

Ignore him hes being retarded I had to repost this

Who sent him?

This.
Also weak ass spin dash.

>If you disagree with me, you have shit taste
great /v/-style comeback.

Caged Hog

Sorry

He looks pretty calm for someone who probably doesn't have much air to breath.

What the hell is up with these katellafags?

Even as a kid I could tell that something was very wrong with Sonic's portrayal in the comics long before it reached that level of putrid.

If you see this post Penders, I'm pointing my finger at you.

I see your bottled hedgehog and raise you a caged hedgehog.

Thanks!

I like to try and put chao in there.

Okay I'll stop

Why is Sonic's wolf form called a Werehog? The were part means man, shouldn't he be a Wolfhog?

Penders doesn't read anything he didn't write.

How would Amy react if someone grabbed her tail and gave it a light squeeze?

I'm more of a Wendyfag myself, to be honest

Well they wouldn't be gone, just be made massively less important. They'd be secondary or tertiary characters at best rather than characters you see every issue. It'd be better this way so they don't overshadow the games cast

As a British kid Sonic seemed aight in our comics.
Didn't read too much of em but cocky son of a bitch to evil and authority came across well.

Archie comics I only saw the first issue and all the cover art in Mega Collection Plus, and I remember thinking "Wow they look so cool Green Knuckles what I bet it's cool and all-"
I wish I could go back to that time.

Piko Hammer to the face.

He's not wrong. The comic is actually readable for the first time in a long time.

Depends.
How sensitive is a hedgehog's tail?

Been playing through classic sonic games today and I'm beginning to think I just suck. I tried finally beating sonic 1 but i lost at Labrynth zone. That game can really be unforgiving. Getting sandwiched between anything will kill you and there's times where I feel like invincibility frames are just a silly myth.

Sonic 1 is the hardest of the bunch, ain't it?

Yes. I also watched that Zero Punctuation video.

To answer the question, It's more of a pun than anything that's trying to be accurate with the word. There's been "Were-" things in pop culture for years, and most of them don't really use the word correctly at all.

I'm surprised no one remembers that Ella also wants that Luchadores' burritos.

How can I make this more clear?
Sonic generals aren't Sonic Retro. Obsessing over the comics, cartoons and overabundance of characters is equally bad as any other given fandom. I can't believe you're either defending this or are completely blind to it.

You are attaching yourself to the work of other people by virtue of fandom alone.

It's great that Sega recognizes its fandom by showcasing and hiring talent but that in itself doesn't make the fandom better than any other. Again, you're attaching yourself to other people's efforts.
Blizzard does the same with its Overwatch Twitter which highlights fanart and cosplay etc.

These regurgitating Sonic generals don't measure up to what Taxman, Stealth and PagodaWest are and have been doing.
You come off as saying "the Sonic fandom isn't as bad as some other ones, just look at Taxman! Now let us continue shipping our OC's".
It's parasitic.

Abrupt and Severe violence
my fetish.

To be fair, the cover art is normally a shit ton better than the inner contents, at least for everything that was in the Mega Collection gallery..