/mcg/ Minecraft General

A ded thread for a ded general edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/DoctorWiggles/HelperTools/releases/download/(1.10,2)-v3.0b/HelperTools-1.10.2-v3.0b.jar
discord.gg/VUKfDr
polandcraft.wikia.com/wiki//pol/and_Wiki
youtube.com/watch?v=4iU_kvpcYI0
s11.hosthorde.com:1939/
dropbox.com/s/vop66lqxp5fwu6t/polandpack.zip?dl=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for crippling depression

So while we're mostly too busy to get anything going today, we set up an IRC for a potential small Infitech 2 server. #infitechserb on freenode. Drop by and introduce yourself, we'll work out the details over the next few days!

Are there any accurate chemistry mods out there?

Fourth for whatever happened to the anons making a comfy pack?

Accurate?
Errrr, minechem somewhat, but not really.
Still a good mod tho

goddammit, again with the dying

fifth for perpetual drama

Sixth for tubes not tubey enough; Reentubating.

wake up

Why some of my microblocks turned into Ender-Thermic pumps?

>working on a prototype for peasant hovels
>tfw even if it looks like shit on purpose it still looks like shit

ID map corruption.

Set it on fire. Problem = solved

So ever since installing Rotarycraft, the OpenComputers beep sound has changed.
How the fuck is that even possible.
Please tell me it must be something else, I can't imagine a single mod being this much of a steaming turd

>So ever since installing Rotarycraft, the OpenComputers beep sound has changed.
The beep sound is not even an audio file, it's generated dynamically.

You might be going mad.

set your foundation in the ground.

By all that is holy, the sound has changed.
It used to be a simple sine (?) wave, old school computer style.
Now it's a fucking chime. Like some windows notification sound or something. I want my beep back

I'm pretty sure that's not OpenComputers, as it *only* does sine waves. But a recording would be handy. Try downgrading OC?

ded bread

Alright, so how the fuck do I get my new pack to stop being a shit that freezes up when it loads new chunks/in menus? It lasts for a few seconds and is really fucking annoying.

I've got an AMD A8 5600k CPU and a R9 280-x, this should be enough to run it, right? I also gave the game 2 gigs of RAM.

ded game

>2 gigs and he wonders why he's struggling
up that to 4, any more than that and it goes fug because
>java
reasons

>2 gigs of RAM.

you need to deditate more wam than that. i always give mine 8 gigs.

Well, fug. Guess I'm investing in bigger RAM sticks.

Guys MultiMC is flipping the fuck out over AMT and PotionExtension what do I do? I can't find anything about this on google. As far as I know I have all the files.

This is fine.

Oh. Ok then

that's normal

What should I add? MC v.1.10.2

>1.10.2
>inventorytweaks AND mousetweaks
it's like you want to watch a slideshow while your ram screams in pain

I heard rumor of a minecraft mod. I don't remember if it was a FTB mod or what, but it was something like after 365 in game days have passed a boss shows up and wipes the world unless you beat it. Where you spend the whole time preparing for this fight. Something to that effect.

Is this a real mod? Does anyone have details on it?

Is there any other mod that let's me sort inventories? If there is, I can drop both of them.

Not really. Not that they're actually usefull, they just make the clutter look less clutter.
And have terrible memory leaks.
And because you fell for a meme version, I'm pretty sure it's pretty hard to set up a sorting system with any mod.
Though I think enderio can do it.

How bad are the leaks? I really like the ability to sort stuff with a keypress/click

Don't remember how bad specifically, but normally they just eat up loads of ram anyways, then when you do something one of them or both starts eating tons of it.
And it all gets dumped when it does garbage collection thing.

>install Reikashit
>it changes things it has no business with
Looks like everything is working properly.

Ok. I'll let one of them go. Do you have any actual mod recommendations?

Not really, you're on 1.10.2, and I don't know much about the modding scene there except a lot of comfy stuff is gone.
Most of the fun mods are on 1.7.10.
But it looks like you've built yourself a comfy enough pack.

there's a lot of irrelevant shit that fml shits bricks into your logging about. like with 1.6.4 stuff, you get tons of spam about "THIS WON'T HANDLE BEING UPDATED TO 1.7!!!!1!one".

What about stuff like this?

If the game launches should I just not worry about it?

>I heard rumor of a minecraft mod
Where? Who did you hear this rumor from?

Does his dad work at Mojang?

there's no such thing

I think I've heard of it.

Something about when you die, it says something like "Not even death will grant you respite" or some shit, and it never despawns. It will teleport to a player and attack, and most of its attacks are terrain breaking. So pretty much everything is destroyed, if you can't kill it.

I don't remember where I heard it from though.

How can you remember so much about it yet so little identifying information? You're both full of shit.

>that one guy who always cries because his toaster can't handle inventory tweaks
I'd rather drop nei desu

>toaster
It's not a toaster by any means.
But holding shift causes RAM to be eaten up like a bitch, think it was mousetweaks.
I chucked both because you don't actually need inventorytweaks at all, it's pointless if you have any kind of logistics system set up.
I still have the sampler logs to prove it.
Though I have no fucking clue how to read them, an user just told me upload em.

This Grimoire of Gaia mod would be so much more enjoyable if you could recruit these monster girls as mercenaries through taming. These centaurs don't even attack other mobs.

Because the other mobs aren't attacking them.
They're neutral.
Thaumic horizons can give them wolf AI.

>holding shift
I know that some mod causes shift to try loading everything that has a shift tooltip on NEI, which eventually causes the entire NEI to give out timeout errors like crazy. Is it because of Inv. Tweaks? Holy shit.

Maybe.
Whatever causes the leak gets thrown out by gc right away so it doesn't become a problem right away, didn't notice it until I'd set up enough stuff for RAM to get maxed out before gc happens, which causes massive lag spikes.

invtweaks is pretty much useless. the best thing it offers is the auto-refill, but that wigs out a lot.

mousetweaks though is a godsend.
the only issue I've had with it is trying to understand what the config is trying to describe with its options. it really needs a partner gif to describe the behaviour.

>literally CustomNPCs

ded

FURL THE SERRRBERR

>Don't like FTB bloat
>Too lazy to make own modpack
That and I don't want to wipe the world that I already sunk too many hours into. It's also pretty great that I can't find a single fucking desert either because I made the mistake of using Biomes O Plenty.

it doesn't take more than 30 minutes to put one together once you've got the mods picked out.

Hey guys, updated Helpertools for 1.10.2

Ported it from the 1.8 version, so it's lean but all the important bits are there.

Not sure where I'll start next, whether I'll continue to beef 1.7's or bring the newer ones up to it, since I haven't been playing much anymore. Also sorry if the image is ass, my main computer died so I've been working off awkward onboard power.

If you have any questions, suggestions or find some bugs don't be afraid to hit me up. Hope you guys have fun.

For these of you new to the mod you can look it up over here;
www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2323990

Download;
github.com/DoctorWiggles/HelperTools/releases/download/(1.10,2)-v3.0b/HelperTools-1.10.2-v3.0b.jar

>How the fuck am I fucking this right now?
So blue succs and oranges gets succed right?
So Its getting power, and I put the pipe on blue on the part aiming the coke oven, and orange in the pipe and also the levers on.
>the levers on
>remember I changed the pump from place and didnt put the lever again
>Put lever and pull it
>works
Thanks /mcg/, sometimes working in automatization is cool and nice but when theres a problem and you dont know what it is, its a pain in the A S S.

Blue side succs and sends it to orange side, the fluid also travels instantly through the pipes which makes them pretty good. If the machine can auto-output, you don't need the pump either.
Also, something that is easily missed is how that pump doesn't need power if you just want to move fluids. It only uses energy to pup water, lava and so on from the world.

/pol/andcraft has been running for over 4 years. The point of /pol/andcraft is to stablish political factions that will work as goverments following their own ideology and to see which one triumphs over the rest. We are running on an Earth-map courtesy of some guy named chien which has realistic ore generation.

IP: polandcraft.tk
1.10.2 Survival/Factions server

>Player of the month: D_r_a_g_o_n as seen on the image.

Here is more information if you are interested:
Discord channel: discord.gg/VUKfDr
History wikia: polandcraft.wikia.com/wiki//pol/and_Wiki
Tyrone's endorsement: youtube.com/watch?v=4iU_kvpcYI0
The server's dynmap! s11.hosthorde.com:1939/
Server resource-pack:
dropbox.com/s/vop66lqxp5fwu6t/polandpack.zip?dl=1

The crossbow looks way better than any other attempt of crossbow I have ever seen, but that other thing looks really weird. Too bad you didnt backport to 1.7.10 as that would had been cool and nice.

>that pump doesn't need power if you just want to move fluids
Nani? that helps a lot, but the coke oven didnt seem to have an auto input for oil

Yeah, it just needs a redstone signal to pipe fluids around. The book says that but it's easily missed.

Awesome, any other cool tricks and tips for IE?

>tfw even if someone makes an open-source mappings and mod loader that people will never give up their forge mods

I'll give up Forge if something better comes along. Doubly so if I can make what I want on it.

>chicken gets stuck in boat
>thinks it's falling so it continually flaps it's wings and looks like it's rowing
Bugs can be fun

>needing day/night cycle on your ui

what kind of faggot

How do you get WAILA to show up without the border/background? I feel like an idiot for not being able to figure it out

>he doesn't want to know exactly how much time he has till the light cycle changes over
stay pleb my friend
set the opacity to 100%

>wanting to reduce readability

>opacity
Somehow, I am not seeing this option anywhere

and by opacity I meant alpha
I've never had trouble reading it, and it frees up screen space

make a clock you cheating faggot

"no"

then make a cock

Night /mcg/
Try not to die.
Again.
And again.

>Generic hoodie + headphones skin
>Generic female with colorful everything skin
>Steve in different outfits skin

I seriously hope you guys don't do this

>any of those

I never understood the appeal of any of that shit.

I always try and use unique skins and shit, right now i'm using a quarian

mfw I've been using a Herobrine skin for the last 3 years

Just changed it to an edgy Artorias skin for some dumb gig shit.
I'm gonna stick with it and whoever gets triggered can succ my dicc

Been using a dark samus skin since I started playing, and prob not going to change it any time soon

I've been using a generic brown-haired scientist in a lab coat skin for the past few years.

I use a 2hu

I haven't changed from the default skin from all the years I've been playing.

Spotted that on CurseForge. Good work, dude.

Any way to get a lead on a villager to tie him up to a fence?

Some guy got into my account and changed it once. Now I'm wearing his skin.

At work and considering playing again.

Are the skelly horses tameable in vanilla?

What, the ones that spawn the "skeleton trap?" If you manage to kill the riders, they're already tamed.

Here's the render of my Nordic Hill Fort.
I'm aware I forgot 1 torch on the front roof :/

I seen your shit on Reddit, nice build

Guys is there a mod that makes animals more natural and better?
I wish taming was harder but animals stats were better, with genetics and stuff.
Some ideas:
>Pigs having bigger litter when they breed
>Each animal group have different item they like.
>Animals can interact with thrown items
Bonus points for food need.

I'm an orc.

>Animals can interact with thrown items
EasyBreeding lets animals eat their breeding food as dropped items

I'm an undead chef. Made the skin myself.

I purchased Mc when it was alpha and have been able to play FTB with my account credentials. I haven't played Mc for 2 years, now I want to play it but I can't log in ftb with my old credentials somehow. I think it's because I need to migrate my account to a mohjang account.

The problem is, even though I know my username and password, I don't know which e-mail I used when I first registered years ago because, get this, I entered my e-mail with a typo. I explicitly remember that. I don't remember the typo, but there was a typo. So now I pratically doesn't know the e-mail I used for registering.

Is there any way I can migrate my account by just knowing account name and password? There is no way I can find what kind of typo I did. Anyone got an idea?

Cute!