/nmsg/ No Man's Sky General - Glimmer of Hope Edition

No Man's Sky General

A Glimmer of Hope, we have a ping from the devs.

Experimental Branch/Patch
steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/7/360672383121166985/

Most recent patch notes:
steamcommunity.com/games/275850/announcements

List of PC performance/crash fixes:
pastebin.com/NyEWip2r

Button click hold remover:
nomansskymods.com/mods/fast-actions/

Free flight:
nomansskymods.com/mods/lowflight-by-hytek-packed/

x1000 range hyper drive:
nomansskymods.com/mods/super-hyperdrive/

Instagram Filter Remover:
nomansskymods.com/mods/instagram-filter-remover

Chromatic Aberration + Vignetting + Scan Lines Remover:
nomansskymods.com/mods/chromatic-aberration-vignetting-scan-lines-removal/

Annoying audio message remover:
nomansskymods.com/mods/shutup-disable-certain-annoying-audio-warnings/

Comfy Exosuit Voice
nomansskymods.com/mods/japanese-exosuit-voice/

Immersive Space - Makes space easier on the eyes but conserves some nebula colour
nomansskymods.com/mods/immersive-space/

Trainer:
nomansskymods.com/mods/no-mans-sky-trainer-25-by-fling/

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/15748717/No_Man_s_Sky_(v2.3.0.5)___Preorder_DLC_(v2.0.0.2)_[GOG]
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

b-bump

t-thanks

The Experimental Patch seemed to address a few issues, mainly for PC. If you're using a pirated/GoG version, expect mining to crash your shit 99% of the time.

Now we wait for Quality-of-Life updates to save us, or Mods will do that for us. Who cares, spaec is awesome.

did you notice any performance improvements at all?

heavy vegetation and deep oceans are killing my framerate.

I think I'm gonna name this bugger 'planet benchmark'

Personally yes, scanning is easier, no crashing when talking to aliens at outposts, stations, etc.
Haven't had any problems with getting launched out of my ship again, and landing miles away. I'll be in-game later on and I'll see what happens.

Memory leak is still a huge problem for almost everyone. That'll be a haul to fix.

>be me
>exploring wavy grass having, lush world of chryso crystals and bipedal bovines with hammerheads and other peaceful herbivores.
>fucking Gek can't build shit without abandoning it or wrecking their factory for me to fix
>where did they all go, .jpg
>get a red attacked symbol
>jump up on an iron formation thing
>hear a weird squawking sound, like a cougar trying to sound like a duck
>see this
>fecking christ
>lie awake at night wondering what it wanted to do to me

Personal project of OP's

I found a nice separated section of stars which I plan on claiming, and giving them similar names and indicators. A Home Star has already been established, so it's now a matter of warping from star to star until my "sector" is claimed.

bump i guess.

link to last thread please

Getting there, here's the layout. White is claimed, red is in progress.

is there more than one black hole because I just warped like 25 times last night at maximum warp distance before rage quitting and going to bed.

see, this is exactly what I want in no mans sky, I want there to be some real way of like claiming stars and building your own littlehome system.

mods to make this game an MMO when

Looks like a probina anusul.

I can't rename planets when i press x it doesn't do anything.
Do i need to be connected or something?
I use a pirated version.

>is there more than one black hole because
Yes, there are several black holes. You should complete the Atlas Path first so you can see them all.

Likewise. I'm sure future mods will be able to make this a reality, but for now I guess it's up to our imaginations.

Kinda like Minecraft, when we run out of shit to do, we just start making stuff up.

Does anyone else notice a bug with sentinel dogs? After you kill them, the red lights on their head glitch out and float, and they continue making noises

Never happend with me.

This happens to literally every sentinel dog I kill, and I have the latest version

The rest of the game runs fine otherwise

Well, I don't spent too much time fighting sentinels, and I've only encountered the dogs a couple of times. So maybe it happened and I didn't notice.

They show up every time I find a gravitino ball, which is quite often on some planets, so I run into them a lot

how do you upgrade the hyperdrive? or by upgrading do they mean install the warp reactors?

The same way you upgrade the other parts of your ship.
You need to fimd the blueprint and then build the upgrade in one of your ship's slot.

ok. whats the upgrade called?

There are 3.
Warp Reactor Sigma, Warp Reactor Tau and Warp Reactor Theta.

yeah then i have all 3 already installed. still cant warp that far so i was wondering if i was missing something.

There is a limit as to how far you can warp, even with the upgrades.

yeah. doesnt seem that far. i hit the limit after going past 3 to 4 star clusters. with how unreliable black holes are im trying to warp to the center. its a good thing warp cells are super easy to make

Yeah, you're not going to be able to warp to the center. It takes a huge amount of time to even select the center in the map.

but blackholes only do 1000 ks

i can do over that in warp

The numbers seem to be botched in the map.

welp looks like the new patch, 1.08, got rid of the creature bios for the creatures you've already scanned. Now you have to remember what the predators look like in order to avoid them instead of having to rely on the analysis visor.

that's fucking stupid.

Exist Archive is shit and not worth buying right?

once im done with the extreme survivor milestone ill scan new creatures to see if its the same, or has somebody already done this?

patch notes?!

This has happened to me several times, glad I'm not the only one. It still counts as a kill toward a milestone though so whatever.

Every day Im Pulse Drivin'.
Every day Im Pulse Drivin'.

Pulse Drivin', Pulse Drivin'
Every day Im Pulse Drivin'

can't find. but it was small so probably minor stuff but i know what i said previously is something they broke in updating the game because i was making sure the predators ive been killing have been scanned and i would see their bio in the bottom left of the screen, now its gone but their name still pops up

nvm, i guess the game needed to warm up or something, i know it sounds stupid, but the bios are back. no clue why they weren't before.

Found a cool little ship

>tfw not able to build a log cabin on my cozy little wintery planet
>tfw not able to build a city on a space station
>tfw no larger starships that have a crew with multiplayer enabled and your crew all runs it together
imagination is killing me, KILLING ME I SAY

Damn, my two systems have been mostly barren, with a couple having extensive forests.

I'm worried about finding an ocean world for the first time..

That's pretty nice, user. I'm still liking my starter ship honestly, I'm still searching for one that I really want to swap out for.

HOTKEY

FOR

RECHARGING

WHEN

Hello

this might actually look nice if my computer wasn't shit and I have to play on minimum settings basically.

also why the fuck does my top bar always look like that

>just started new save
>first planet
>3rd landmark visited
>it's a fucking portal landmark

I play on max. Trust me it doesn't look any better.

Found any sand worms guys? :^)

You can't find them until you travel to 1000 systems.

Not sure if this is what you're referring to, but it'd be great if you could put resources next to certain slots. Like Titanium next to a Toxicity upgrade, and it slowly uses the Titanium to keep the slot active, so you don't have to. Would help in dog fights as well.

well that's... odd

>turned settings to medium
>literally no visible difference

>Would help in dog fights as well.

Most definitely. Who thought it was a good design to have you mess around with your inventory, which does not pause the game btw, to fix your shields?

Consider the following
>every tech that requires a power source is given a small inventory of 2 slots
>when putting materials into the slots they cannot be taken out, to make sure that it's not abused as a way to expand your inventory
>the tech runs off the products in the inventory, and only compatible fuel can be used
>this can be upgraded once by each race after raising your standing with them is maxed out
I mean it sounds kinda OP but it sounds very functional and rewarding

i finished the gek language. Last word - Truth

nice

yeah. feels good. and even though it may be pointless, i named the planet after the last word i learned and im probably going to do that for the other languages too.

geks confirmed for jews

yeah no doubt about that.

Geks are jews
Korvax are japanese
Vy'keen are niggers

Atlas?

Atlas is God.

does anyone else get a bug where mining certain random deposites will crash your game? never items, like scannable stuff and crystals, always the deposites.

nope. whenever my game crashes, it seems to be at random points.

It's a preventative measure because you're a pirating niggerface.

I think it might be the closer structures mod that I have on but I can't be sure. mod's sure worth those fucking crashes if it is though.

I'm on GOG 2.3.0.5 which is literally current version

yeah sometimes happens to me when doing that. most of my crashes were from opening inventory menu and then backing out and then going to the game menu. Also had a crash where i was gathering gravatino balls and i was 9 away from a full stack and it crashed. gave up after that.

Well, whatever the person that put the game up on GoG did, they fucked up. Sorry bro.

That could be it. Mods can cause all sort of wack problems.
I was using this mod to pack the animals really big, but it caused some water animals like fish to spawn on land and make wacky movements.

fuck off, bunny-guy

I'm exploring my entire first planet before going into space and then I'm going to start solar system hopping. I've passed 4 un-mineable aluminum deposits and it's slightly infuriating

It's if you use grenades. They get stunned and lay there. It's a good way to extend the timer when you are collecting trade goods

Turn them up to high. There's literally no difference.

>posters: 16

lmfao just let it die

we're a placeholder gen pretty much

there are dedder spaces

2.3.0.5 is latest GOG available for filthy poorfags, right? pirated latest patch when?

how the fuck do I turn off those random ass noises.

sfx

I don't want to get rid of all sound effects I just want to get rid of these fucking space whales in the background

Idk, man. I'm also looking for the latest patch.
One guy asked in this torrent for the latest patch and it seems like it isn't out yet

thepiratebay.org/torrent/15748717/No_Man_s_Sky_(v2.3.0.5)___Preorder_DLC_(v2.0.0.2)_[GOG]

go into the game files and start deleting random sound files. idk.

space whales? never heard of it.

Good job

>png

(((Procedural)))

What you can expect if this really happens?

>Kotaku

So neat planets do exist!

are you using the big things mod?

>When you 100+ hours in and you receive a Photon Cannon Blueprint

AW YEA SEAN THATS JUST WHAT I WANTED! HOW DID YOU KNOW???

Yeah, and the mountains mod. Honestly made this 200x better, I was actually kind of awestruck when I ran into the edge of this giant crater lake while running from sentinels.

Which mods?

looks amazing

big things mod is very resource heavy
i get huge fps drops :(

Big Things and Mountains, I think that's all the ones I'm using that effect terrain.
Also this place has some really cool ships I've never seen before. There was a pretty nice looking fighter but it flew away before I could screenshot it, hoping it comes back.

Fighter group came back, this and the following were what landed

This game is basically open source now.