/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access from DS mode accomplished, still working out how to load roms. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Next Vitamin release slated for next week. bitbucket.org/TheOfficialFloW/vitamintwitter.com/TheFlow0
-HENkaku release 4 is out, along with VitaShell 0.91.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game Decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1124W4krFF5R-wd-P0ijVp1el2v_1M6mCeg5_EulXbo4/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for memes XDDD

Cute llama

First for totori

Is there still no hacking on >3.55fw PS3s?

First for Akarin
and Jojo memes

Trillion when?

JP Nep theme dumps when.

Anyone made any progress with Metal Gear on the Vita?

I think you should kill yourself, /hbg/

no it's been 6 years and it will be 6 years more

first for rincheat is a broken piece of shit

i can't get this goddamn thing to work for a single game

nope

thats why it is in open beta, so it can work for people

So what do we have to be excited for in the next thread or so? anything?

I have your mom to be excited for you fucking noob.

wwhy is shrek piss

in 5 hours yeah

TheFlow is an attention seeking maggot

>guys you're gonna love the new release. Please praise me
>sorry I just don't feel like it

>tfw comfy playing Kirby robo tots while transferring Vita games

What sort of terrifying Stand is this!?

Some user said we have SW4 and SW4 2. Where are tge links? Do they rwquore2 any kind lf update too? Heard one of those needed updates to improve frame issues.

Also are they in eng?

I guarantee hes just doing it for the paypal money

Reminder to reply to the OP if you've got dumps working so it can be added to the google doc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1124W4krFF5R-wd-P0ijVp1el2v_1M6mCeg5_EulXbo4/edit#gid=0

What is that from?

Is that Monster Monpiece uncensored dump working right? I tried to back it up using QCMA and the game was categorized under System instead of as a Vita app. After a reboot, the bubble just disappeared and I had to use VitaShell to delete the game's folder which was now just sitting there taking up room.

Ranch
or cool ranch

it's a brownie from etrian odyssey v

Works on my machine.

Trying to haggle with my friend to buy his 3.60 vita

Told him 70 or 80 bucks. Does that seem like a good deal?

Somewhat decent, does it come with anything?

Just wait in two or three days it will be
>whoa thanks guys for all the support I added compatibility for a hundred more games so it wont be ready until next month :^)

Interesting.

Not relevant to anything going on.

But thank you anyway.

Could anyone with the latest updated henkaku version tell me what version it shows up in the top left corner of molecular shell? What's the number?

Where the fuck do i put pictures at if not ux0/picture

Does anyone have the links to the vita dump lists? OP removed it from the thread.

Anyone?

4GB card, a case and all the episodes of the Walking Dead game kek

MI LIBRO...

i was installing the FBI dump and when i injected it, suddenly my 3ds turned off, now whenever i turn it the console power itself off, i needed to install just luma and now seems like i bricked it

is there a fix for this?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHERE IS TRILLION

>salty 3dsbabies still at it with their shitposting
Don't you guys have some games to pla.. Oh wait.. hahahaha

.86 if you're using Molecular, .91 if you're using Vitashell

Any way to change color saturation in Retorach cores when playing on my PSTV? It's just a bit too strong for me.

>tfw the thread used to be purely 3ds talk
>now its purely vita talk

fug

depends, did you already have a9lh? if so you can just restore a backup on boot

Doesnt work with current vitamin. We have to wait till next week...

I'll never understand why molecularShell even exists. It just clutters up my home screen.

I've seen a steady uptick in 3DS questions. Still, what do you expect.

Oh, alright then. I've been using the offline installer to safeguard me from any bugs or anything yiffing poop might screw up in the updates. Mine is still showing 0.8. I wonder if that's why I haven't come across any save corruption in my games.

Yeah, you can sell the memory card for $10 or so, and use that towards a bigger one. It's decent deal, user-sama.
You can delete it every time if you have Vitashell.

Bruh, just read the pastebin. That shit even embeds now, y'all have no excuse.

yeah i already had a9lh, my problem is that the console isnt booting? it turns off inmediatly

Maybe we should go full into faggotry and make straw polls asking if we should boot out the 3DS fags like they did.

that's fine

Sorry, last time I checked the pastebin was super outdated, thanks!

Is there a safe place to download .apks that is Veeky Forums approved? So many of these sites feel unsafe and probably are

n3DS luma is about to finish system transfer from rxtools emunand.
you guys and the guide said it would be ok
here's to hoping you're right

What are some older games on the freeshop worth downloading? I have the Pokemon Trading Card Game and the original Donkey Kong. What else should I get?

seriously guys where do i put them cause they arent showing up no matter what

That was at the beginning nigga, we have a dedicated slave updating the vita dump bin almost daily

Yeah because if he just released it without teasing it for weeks he wouldn't get all that leddit money. If he wasn't a day got he would just release it and be done

If I wanted to pay to get games I would just fucking buy them. Not support a special snowflake dev. I really wish chinaman would throw out a better dumping tool to put the new in his place

What do i do then?
if you mean pressing a + r + l + up it isnt working

isn't there another set of folders in there? Like gallery or something?

You need to put it inside a folder.

LUNA DE PLUTON

Kirby games
Some GBC Zelda
idk man

it was all in the guide

Try making screenshots and see what happens. They will be in other folders, for some sort of protection I guess. You can always copy your images with content manager from pc though.

Even if game dumping doesn't get better I hope we get usb support, that alone would make the pstv become an incredibly cheap solution for legit vita games and multimedia player

can a kind user link me to the baidu dumps?

>being so retarded you don't even know how to play Danganronpa

No man, i was at the end of it in Section VI - Finalizing setup

but my dump on hs.app was corrupted, now i cant boot the 3ds, it boots and turns off after a second or less

What is the best piratable console and why is it STILL the PSP?

>General good games
>Flawless GBA emu
>PS1, SNES, etc
>Easy XMB customization
>Good english patching community with several large titles translated even partially

Will the 3DS/Vita be able to compete by the end of their lifecycles?

Who are you quoting?

Apparently rincheat only works with games out of safe mode

Can I just copy my eboot to my PC, change the safe mode value back to 02, and copy it back to my vita? Or would that end up corrupting my game?

Vita will probably get there after two years

from /picture theres all/,camera/,screenshot/
tried them in all of those in and out of folders and they arent showing up. either they have to have the same naming conventions as screenshots or all be in individual folders like screenshots

>>Flawless GBA emu
lol

I hope so
Vita is still going so there hope for good homebrew, but I think dev support is dwindling and all that's left is shitty compile heart games and other assorted weeb garbage

Too busy playing games unlike vitacucks.

Where is the safe mode flag stored in eboot.bin anyway? I was looking for documentation about it but could only find Yifan Lu's posts about it existing now. I'd like to make a utility to toggle it on/off since VPK Tool is Windows only.

>SNES
>Flawless GBA emu
>English patching
DS had more and better translations by the way. The first two I mentioned are just outright wrong.

>get epsp exploit for the vita
>literally a psp with a second analog stick
>can do everything the psp can and more
No contest here friend, the vita is the king of handhelds now.

N3DS is the best piratable console

you can literally steal games directly from nintendos servers

>SNES on DS
Disgusting

Try transferring a picture over via QCMA and see what folders it makes.
Gonna go with this one. They're literally giving you the games.

How long after launch for a game to show up on freeshop?

>implying the WiiU is not the best
>NES, SNES, GB,GBA, N64, DS, GC, Wii and WiiU all in one console
>handhelds games dont look like crap since you can play them on the gamepad
>PS1 and Sega emulators
IOSU WHEN

Is the NA version of Criminal Girls censored?
There's a bunch of fog, but I assume that's because I'm still at the beginning.

>What is the best piratable console and why is it STILL the PSP?
That's a funny way to spell smartphone. It happens to emulate the psp and nds too.

Reminder that no handheld is worth hacking unless it enables piracy for it's current gen games.

I quite remember playing SNES Shin megami Tensei 2 on my PSP so it was definitely a thing.

And what was wrong with the GBA emulation on PSP? Seemed pretty great t b h

I didn't say ds had better snes emulation
New 3ds does though.

you just get pink fog covering their private parts, which in hindsight only made it look more lewd

Yes. Remove lewd, add fog

>best piratable console
>literally no games worth pirating

ok.jpg

My 3ds says there's an update, PANIC!

>smartphone
>can't play 3DS/Vita games
lol no, it's the best handheld emulator machine, sure, but not the best handheld for actual games outside emulation.

>Reminder that no handheld is worth hacking unless it enables piracy for it's current gen games.
This.