Aston Martin/Red Bull Supercar revealed

Aston Martin/Red Bull Supercar revealed
youtube.com/watch?v=lTs8mvvccgg&feature=share

looks like a mclaren

Who cares? The Red Bull team stopped being good years ago. Should've built the car before F1 became a Mercedes/Hamilton show.

I dont know how i feel

The aero on this looks insane

>it's going to be faster than an F1 car on track thanks to it's underbody wings that provide massive amounts of downforce

In race-trim, faster than LMP1, maybe.
Faster than Formula 1? I don't think so. The numbers just don't add up and at the end - the mechanical grip from the tires wouldn't be enough because they are much, much narrower than the Pirelli tires they use in Formula 1. The car is still a 100kg heavier and still has to meet road legality standards.
There is just no way, man. Much respect for Adrian but, saying *this* is faster than an F1 car.. I'm a little skeptical.

>Narrower tires
>Less grip
>Not realising size of contact patch has no effect on frictional force

I'm not sure this implies you're best placed to make judgements about the engineering decisions taken in designing this, senpai...

>frictional force
Son, if you have a wider tire, it has better heat management. And since tires don't follow basic friction theory on the dot since they are made from deformable rubber. Tires only give proper grip when they're at a proper temperature - too cold, no grip. Too hot, they disintegrate.

So F=mu*r doesn't necessarily apply.
In addition, a wider tire offers better linear acceleration.

What I'm trying to argue that since it is only using road tires, how in the fuck can the tires manage the heat that is generated from having a road legal car go as fast as a Formula 1 car.

Senpai, they do follow basic frictional theory - rubber isn't magical... but yes, energy dissipation over a wider area in the case of slipping tires is a pretty important factor. So the solution must be not to slip the tires, desu

tyres deform so you can't apply the standard theory

You can. All surfaces deform. Tyres aren't just some magical thing that's different to everything else.

you probably consider water a compressible fluid

>Faster than Formula 1?
Hell yes. Formula 1 is completely limited (as are other racing formulas) in their aerodynamics - no moveable aero parts are allowed. Aston doesn't have to stick to this.

>much narrower tires
Veyron has 365 section rears. Formula 1 currently uses 375. There's no reason to think this Aston couldn't have a similar tire width.

car for double leg amputees.

nice huyara

how does it feel driving like this??

Terrible on the street, you can't see less than 20 feet in front of you and it feels like you're going to be turned into a pretzel if you get into a fender bender

you should already feel like a pretzel after the new commiefornia laws.

Like chewing 5 gum

They are promising a lot here. It would be amazing if they achieve it.

I bet you think apparent contact patch is the same thing as actual contact patch.

Other sources saying it will be aim to be as fast as an LMP1 car.

he's literally saying the exact opposite you mong

okay explain how tires being compressible changes a god damn thing

water is commpressible tho

Fun fact: This car came about after Adrian Newey's initial spitballing over pick related

Has Aston Martin ever made a supercar?

Even the One-77 is just a grand tourer

The Vulcan?

That's a track only race car.

Unlike pic related

dam the bitch on the right
T H I C C

what japanese anime is he cosplaying the villain of

He probably just walked into a store in Roppongi and asked for the most expensive thing they had.

For 99% of academic purposes (like shitposting on Veeky Forums, for example) it isn't.

>it's 99% not compressible

which means is 1% compressible

haha good one :^)

you mean a huayra i'm sure.

So you have to stress your tyres more to get up to the optimum temperature.

Also a wider tyre means a heavier tyre, therefore you have to work it harder to get up to speed, resulting in less acceleration.