instagram.com/autostickergeneral

>List of Sticker Websites (Updated)
pastebin.com/AGc66Z8j (embed)

>Sticker Collection
mega.nz/#F!zMgTUBoT!5t13MNZBcINAyDAlmBtvjA
imgur.com/a/bInMl
asg.booru.org/

>What is this thread for?
A thread to discuss, post, create, and review anything related to Automotive Decals and Stickers

>FB Group
fb.com/groups/AutoStickerGeneral/

>Currently looking for:
>An internet lawyer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
Idea Guys (Come up with Sticker Ideas, Veeky Forums club names, etc.)
Anons with artistic talent willing to make decals for free.
Anons with decal production equipment (Specifically Vinyl Printer Equipment)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/3vNmn
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just a heads up.
Canada Post has issued a 72-hour lockout notice, which means that there may be a stoppage on Friday.

Wat-tan stickers have arrived

>Itasha'd Prius
>Wisconsin
>made in 2010

Yet I've never seen it at any conventions and I've been doing those since 2009.

>white borders

cucks

Looking for a designer user to make some banners for shitboxme.me. Pic related is what i have mocked up for the design, The idea is similar to all the charms hanging on a cherry blossom tree during a tanbata festival. The idea is replacing the charms hanging on the cherry blossom trees with shimapan (and bras?) The layout of the banner is 50x6 and will 5 layer cut. (5 colors only can be used for the design, however it may be possible to use a gradient for the background). The plan for these banners is to have a pink and teal version of the banner. The designer will receive 50 USD and both versions of the printed banner.

TL:DR; Help design a banner, receive compensation

The only cutter that's nearby on Craigslist is fuckhuge and $1400. Any other recommendations? I was thinking I could deal with one of the tiny ones like free sticker user uses.

I've been working on something for you, I should work on it today.

This is my first time posting in /osg/. I was in a thread ages ago, might even have been the first of it's kind - where the guy in charge of yummystickies opened shop. If they're here and reading this - it looks brilliant. Keep going.

I wonder, what are the best sites for UK residents? Or is international shipping not as slow anymore?

Cheers lads.

I can also have a go later, senpai.

Where are you, fellow UK user?
What do you mean by pink and teal versions?

WAT Racing is really quick for UK. Everything else seems to be between a week to three weeks. Seems pretty random but it's alright if you're not in a rush.

Derby. You?

That's not bad. No rush, I just had a bad experience years ago waiting for three months for an international package. Good to see things aren't so bad. I'll give them a look - thanks.

A version with just pink shimapan and another with teal shimapan

Yeah but they're less than a buck each

From Oxford, but around Durham most of the time

>not my ride but pic made the op
nigga we made it

Thank you! I'm glad you like it!
International shipping isn't awful. It's not amazing most of the time but it's usually better than a month.

Though the problem with me is that I can take up to a week to ship if I'm busy at work and can only get to it on weekends. After that first week though, I've had people get their packages within a week after shipping

Jesus fucking christ.

Sunday, I'll be having my cousin helping me out.

Anyone ever done just a hood wrap and not a full body wrap? Thinking about doing one just for Otakon and I'm wondering how much it'll set me back.
Pic related, my anime meme machine next to a Trump meme machine. Also:

>Order from Notori and HeartEyes on May 28th
>Finally got the HeartEyes one today
>Still no Notori stickers

HeartEyes sticker I got, definitely one of my favorites
>RIP ATHF

lots of people. There was a dude in ASC that literally wrapped his hood with some anime girl and didn't even know who she was.

also I can't even send out orders right now because I'm at the furthest point of the continental US pretty much away. My friend was supposed to do orders but he disappeared.

You know how much one of those would run me? And I know the exact person you're talking about, he was just a retarded normie trying to seem cool to the ASC/Instagram kiddies.
And it's cool man, I'm just hoping to have them by next month for Otakon.

they should be fairly inexpensive compared to a whole car.

I think those EbayDM hood wraps are like 50-80 bucks so a custom one printed would probably be 150-250? Don't quote me on that one. You also should figure out a design for it. From what I can tell, car wraps are printed at low resolution for ease of print and design but obviously finding stuff with a good dpi won't hurt because it will look like shit.

That's pretty fuckin sweet, may need to get one of those
>tfw less than an hour away from Williams street, but still haven't visited

You have a link for hearteyes to common of a term to find anything on Google

my lenticular lenses are finally here, GIF SLAPS TIME IS UPON US (soon)

hype

killing the game F A M

hearteyesjp.bigcartel.com

I need money, I'll give this a go.

I plan to place a WAT sticker and a /dbt/ sticker on my baiku. Obviously the wat sticker in the in the OP. However, I need a place where I can order the /dbt/ sticker (I will ask /dbt/ too).

AYY I GET SPOTTED ERRWHER

Arcade UFO, was there to play me some Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune.

Backyard Tuners does them. You'll be able to order when he opens his shop again.

That's why you don't befriend niggers. First sign of responsibility and they're gone

>Backyard Tuners
Thanks brosef

In the Fujiwara Tofu Shop die cut what is in the brackets? Is it just the word for shop?

i think its just the word "private"

It's "Private use" Meaning the car is used for business.

what brackets?

I saw an itasha'd Subaru here in the middle of Kentucky a few weeks ago. Freaked me out.

New design. Thoughts?

Absolutely pathetic.

thx

Am I on the right track?

OOOOH shit

I would probably like a more minimalist design. At least for a first design.

Here's where I got to, but I need to redo everything since I realised I was accidentally making the resolution way too low...

Why not make one version with both kinds of shimapan?

I like these more and more everyday.

As far as I've gotten so far. Critique? Still lots to be done.

>mfw have so many ideas but cant draw or have no drawing skill whatsoever

The design is going to be a 5 layer cut banner. Something simple and easy to weed. The background gradient is most likely fine because the background will be the only thing that'll be printed.

Pic related is why I want to design this shimapan banner with 5 layers. No one should be paying 100 dollars for a banner.

I'll be getting Robust Vinyl to produce these, so his input is valid as well.

I hope that these two designs give you some sort of artistic input

Alright I'll have to rework this.

Why is that $100??

dont tell people gradients are ok, I can't print that wide currently (well long)
my printer is roll capable, but I have yet to acquire those fairly expensive rolls. Also have not tried layering on top of the printable material, have some concerns with adhesion, but I'd also have to laminate as well if printable was done
printable is possibly ok for some small accents but should likely be avoided as it adds a tonne of complexity due to the lining up errors I've been getting while attempting contour cuts without edges.
also printing anything would really go against the idea of it I think

line gradients might look good though and they'd also be quite simple to weed being a single pull.

because false exclusivity tax
he made 10 of each colour and feels they're collectively worth 2000 dollars, notice the 00/10 on those, which denlin from cardrugs vigorously attempted to defend.
the real kicker is theres really only two and a half layers there, and then a couple small accents.

I don't care myself if people buy a banner for 100 dollars or 40 dollars, it's their money to waste, but this whole false rarity tax shit people pull is ridiculous and the whole idea that people are going to defend it sickens me a bit since in reality, when you make only 10 of a product, what that means is it's a failure of a product.
A good example of a successful product would be Notori's Akina Speedstars, he sold well over 200 of those, and closed his store temporarily because he was getting too many orders for them, so i told him to open it back up and more orders came in, it's the potato head vs xbox model, if people want something they will buy it if they re able, mr potato head.
but some people or companies prefer the 'if i sell out i win' model, where they make a false exclusivity so they can put the sold out tag on it and feel good.
that is the xbox model
mr potato head in it's long run has sold far more xbox's than ever been built, and has continued being sold.

I see. How much do you think something like this would be selling for?

So I am not sure what to use.

Help

pic1

or

v2

v3

its hard to say, and it really always is, even if its something you'd buy yourself.
a general measurement I've always used for sizing up how much a customer would pay for something is, you never really know just how cheap a customer is.
It's very rare someone wants to pay more for something opposed to less.

if a banner like that was one of a kind, doing it as an 80-90 dollar job certainly wouldnt be unheard of for me for my locals, but if you're able to sell more than one of something? that drops your costs significantly

with diecuts you usually want to produce more than what you need by about 15%, so with 1 you need to make a second, while with 10 you need to make 12, while with 20 you can make 23.
the reason for this is, imperfections, quality control, and accidental losses.
It's easier to understand if you keep in mind that car vinyl is glorified sticky tape, and how much tape you waste every time you wrap a present. (Hell transfer tape is literally just a wider masking tape)
if you sneeze while carefully applying of the layers, all the other layers under that must be discarded along side the one you just wasted.
this means for a small run of 4+ layers you can easily run into errors on about a third of what you make even if you're careful and have some sort of jig

so assuming that something like that was made 10 times, it would probably be like 60, while if made 20 times, probably like 50 I guess, and with a colour variation of one or two layers being the only real difference? those layers simply go on last, marginalizing the differences in production.

also as smaller sections are layered over the larger, it's much easier to layer, so it's possible if a large section was the colour difference opposed to several small sections, that it would be placed far sooner in the assembly and the costs would be slightly different.

its just simply hard to price anything ever

why does it need a background?

Hey Notori, Which colour is the blue for the No Promises, always late sticker on your store? Like the one that user posted in the last thread?

I like this one the most.

I like that, I like that a lot.

still needs some shimapans though
a giggling buddah with shimapan on his head ?

OH MY yes I like it.

Nigga, I like that idea. Shitty mockup, but I'm working on it.

Anyone here know much about the vinyl cutters? I want to make some stencil style decals mostly for myself, but I'd probably sell them if people liked them too. I don't need a huge machine Something that can cut maybe 12x4 decals? Don't want to spend a fortune, maybe 2-300 bucks

No longer in stock. It wasn't a popular color so I pulled it. Midnight Blue.

Now that's a banner.

this is was what i was talking about on instagram f a m

Thanks m8!

>forgot to order the racing development for above the big WAT
>fuck

Some one bought my design.
Can you post a picture, I don't think I've seen my designs on a car yet?

>middle of KY
if you're in Lexington, particularly on the south side, stop in at the Subway. If you find the right one, you'll see my car in the lot, and I may have an Autotragic sticker I'd be willing to part with.

I haven't decided where to put it yet, but I'll post it once I do senpai.

I would buy the shit out of that

Yeah I remembered that when I saw that.

R I P
I
P

Thanks Yummy!
They arrived today but unfortunately I've been too busy to apply any yet, when I do I'll post a pic

>No longer in stock. It wasn't a popular color so I pulled it. Midnight Blue.
Pls bring it back. I want one so bad.

>still waiting

Has potential senpai.

Fucked up my first application but got the second one right. Pretty happy with it.

Now if only the weather would stop being shit I could wash the rest of my bike and add some others.

So can I just use designs from the sticker collection and set up my own shop?

No you thieving Jew. Ask permission from the artists or anyone already in the process of making them

How on earth do I find the artist?

I bough 3 WAT stickers a while ago. black, white and red. I want to put one or all of them on my astra h gtc, but I'm not sure where. Somebody wants to help me? Pic related is similiar to my car, I have different wheels but they are black as well

Ask who designed it on the thread. If you're lucky they'll pipe up.

Basically thisI believe most of those were submitted by people here so it shouldn't be a wild goose hunt. Unless they slapped on a bad luck club and are no longer with us.

Red on the bottom-front corner of the driver's side rear quarter glass.
White on one of the spokes of your wheels, if it will fit. Air cleaner box otherwise.
Black centered left-to-right and vertically between the Opel badge and the rear window.

How much would it be to itasha a bike like that?

Depends on who prints it for you. I have a cheap vinyl printing shop near me so it'd probably be around $100 +/-. However they don't cut it so I'd have to either cut it or do a full wrap. If its small enough, Robust might even be able to print it

OP was at AX '16 too I see.

13x19 is my max size currently (well probably like 12/18 due to borders), so it's not like you could do a full wrap with it or anything though it's still large enough you could probably do sections

Haven't tested doing something like a wrap around a tank with the stuff yet but I do have a burnt out e-bike sitting around, I'll try out something on it using whats now waste material to see if the lam+material is flexible enough for a small wrap

Yessir. First convention for me ever.
shit was wild

Those SSRs are sexy.

Calvins car is pretty sweet. I'm trying to find enough Itasha's on the east coast to get a big enough group to propose a car show at on of the conventions over here. So far I have 2, maybe 3 besides myself

Who created the good luck/bad luck club stickers? Are they a reference to anything?

alright I think it's likely doable, but probably only with some practice and proper tools. (variable Heat gun, some sort of strong magnets, scraper/queegies)
a second set of hands wouldnt hurt either.

imgur.com/a/3vNmn pics

i wear a neodymium ring but this thing i wrapped is plastic so I had to rely entirely on the vinyls adhesive itself so I knew it wouldnt look that great in the end or anything, had it been a ferro metal like a steel gas tank it'd look better with what i know now.
the nichijous were applied without heat to be trimmed, pretty rough, since its thick material overall it doesnt 'flow' well over compound corners since it's not meant to be stretched and shrunk like car wrap vinyl.
both are laminated, had slight bubbling of the lam when tested so a more controlled heat source than my non-variable is probably required.
the heat allowed much better control over the areas that were not already down, so I'd say if one guy held the whole thing, while the other blasted it with heat, you could do this very nicely and easily.

I forgot my scraper inside like a dumbass so smoothing out the hot vinyl+plastic lam, hurts a bit, bit thats why the top yukiho's top left looks smooth

Perhaps heating the corner, placing the corner down, putting neodym magnets on top of the corner to hold it and then stretching the rest while heating it around would do the trick, I think I still have some more muffed pieces around.

jesus and satan

baka question, but for something like that why wouldn't you just print on Avery vinyl so it actually can be curved around well?