(Cross-thread) → (Cross-thread)

>OP Copy pasta link
pad.riseup.net/p/DailyBikeThread

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kTpuzBVgNaE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he put a rear tire on the front. He should have at least had the sense to mount it backwards

Why?

>look mum i posted it again

Front tires usually have the tread facing the opposite way. I can't explain the reason but I pretty much all street bike front tires have their tread grooves pointing towards the rear.

I never understood that in general, would think that would direct water to in front of the wheel instead of moving it out of the way

I really want a pair of boots but they're expensive

Maybe because it might cause water to be pushed under the wheel while turning?

A pair of good boots is like €100-150

Probably because cornering traction needs to be maximized. You don't want to lean the bike over and suddenly be hydroplaning

Front tire needs to be able to stop the bike. Rear tires job is to propel it forward. So they both need maximum grip/structural integrity for opposite directions.

then why does the rear tyre tread go the opposite direction?

It's for traction, duh.
>most important traction for front tire = braking = thread to rear
>most important traction for rear = acceleration = thread to front

Mounting your front wheel the same way as the rear is supposed to go improves wear resistance but hinders grip when braking or slowing down, also makes it hydroplane easier.

Mounting your rear tire the way your front tire is supposed to go makes it skid under acceleration and worsens wear but improves resistance to hydroplaning, grip and braking

I always get different answers on this:
What's a stickier tire, the Pilot Power or Pilot Power 2CT?
I had originally thought the 2CT was just a Power with a harder center compound, but it seems like it may have a softer compound on the sides instead.

The 2CT is mostly the same as the normal PP but the edges are slightly softer. Most people never even lean the bike far enough to get to the softer compound.

X T 6 0 0
T
but don't buy the recent ones, 3TB max
2KF a best
43F second best
3TB a bit heavier but still ok
everything later is 180kg+

>Wr no, stop
b-but user pls

>the shovel
>inb4 wranon digs holes in the beach at Bled lake

No backpack, it's fucking annoying having a backpack on log rides.
The hoodie is superficial, and you can get a cheaper jacket.

Also digging with your hand is more fun

Not hard to strap a backpack to your bike then put it on your back when you want to get off.

Yeah you don't need an alpinestar riding backpack for that.

>using a Klappspaten vor digging
guise pls youtu.be/kTpuzBVgNaE

also that's just the "if i had money" list. I'm making a "what I actually need" list now.
should be about at least 600 bucks less kek

You do if you want to be a walking meme like wranon.

Make it a "what I need for SEM" list. That is your only priority right now.

I love how they hid the pipes on that bike giving it such a sexy tail. 8/10

this 2bh
just look at the colors

>implying the shovel wouldn't be needed at the SEM

I'm looking for a new helmet, is there a rating for noise isolation?
On the sharp rating website there's nothing mentioned about it.

Find some on sale. I got a 300$ pair for under 60$ yesterday

W-where?

Not that I 'm aware of. I know Schuberth are pretty well known for quiet helmets.

Local cycle gear.

Also got a couple sets of gloves and helmet for the grill. They always have something on sale

Yeah but they're also butt expensive.

>being poor.

Why tho

Also the pair that I want is a touring model, but I'm afraid they might be too hindering.

And road boots are so much cheaper... but I don't like them ;_;

I did, now at 714€

if I ditch the tires and the new carbs the bike or me may die at the SEM but I'd save a lot of money.
will look where I can save now.

even if your helmet is 'quiet' you are still damaging your ears if you dont have earplugs

Ok vote for me

I know you think you're being silly or trying to make someone upset but please stop.

>newbike ready to be picked up at dealership
>can't pick it up in 2 days
KILL ME

Do you really need new tires and carb? What are your tires like?

I was looking at my tires earlier and they still have enough tread but they're squared, showing minor cracks and over seven years old so I'm thinking it would be best to replace them.

left

im not. helmets cant protect your ears from the pressure.

>implying he's not right

B-but money

Initially left but boots on right seem to have the same level of protection plus toe sliders. Who needs ratchet straps on their boots anyway?

> tfw you will never ride around on a naked Busa wearing a cool scifi helmet and bringing your .50 cal with you in case of stubborn cagers

I'm not sure about the carbs, but it seems like it's leaking a little bit from somewhere. And these carbs would also mean more power.
I don't know how old my tires are, I looked at them a few days ago but I forgot already.

>tfw no money
>Who needs ratchet straps on their boots anyway?
MX BRO

> everyone is making preparations for SEM and getting hype
> I'll miss it and won't have a chance to get hookers with WR user
Just kill me now.

On the plus side, have all Thursday to ride twisties. Nogfanymore feels have been replaced by fuckthatbitchifshewantsotherpeoplesdicksIllfindvaginasformyselfaswell feels.

Now vote, where do I ride on Thursday to potentially kill myself on the toegay.
> twisties to the east that I already know + explore some new ones there
> twisties to the north that I sort of know because I went there once with the car a month ago
> twisties to the south that may or may not be twisty I haven't explored yet
> to the west where Street Triple user knows what's up
Last option only applies if ST guy has time.

I need some help for my son

I'm a motorcycle enthusiast, and I've been grooming my son to be one as well, and although I am well versed in my own European laws, my son lives in Georgia and I have no idea how their laws work. I want to get him a 49cc cagiva mito, however I don't know of that specific 49cc would fall under moped or mini bike because of its class, or if it would be treated as a full blown cycle. I'm trying to make sense of the laws right now but I don't really get them, so could anyone clear up this little conundrum for me? Would I be able to get him this bike or would I have to settle for a Vespa or something like that

Fuck everything and come to sem, you don't have a gf anymore, you don't need plans for the future.

just buy a sealing kit for your carbs for now, you can get a new carb later

Gortex Alpinestars.

The gf wasn't the reason why I am not going to SEM. I need a new place because fuck flatsharing, I want a new PC (6 year old ALDI Laptop is shit), license upgrade, full leathers, CBF600, track days brah and a Miata.
Will definitely save moneys to come to SEM next year again, even if it means delaying new bike / track days / Miata plans. But PC is urgent now and flat even more so.

But maybe I'll ride down to Cologne for a long weekend and get hookers with WR anyways ;^)

>pls kill me

Get him something that cant be plated, like a 80cc dirtbike or something like that.

I guess you'r eright, I don't ride the TT that long so I don't need more power yet.

come to SEM pls

Could be worse, not a fan of those headlights tho

All of my keks

looks like you're comparing off-road boots to roadrace boots. You'll likely find the left to be stiffer, bulkier, taller, heavier, and generally less practical if you ever need to walk around in them off the bike. However they should be more protective for your feet, ankles, and lower legs

Even more expensive and I' don't like 'em

Not the best looking. But pretty comfy. Can't wait to test um out in really bad weather

>SV wants to be SXV

This is now a round headlight thread

Can I play?

> australia

>oh shit lol

DOCTOR BIG
O
C
T
O
R

B
I
G

If I win lotto today. You're all coming to nz with complementary beers.

I'm up for this shit user, count me in

>ordered stainless steel headers for 180€
>want to buy Sena SMH10R for 175€
since I can't come to SEM I guess I could buy the Sena.

noice skid uleh

Allrighty then

>SWM HOUSE

>stock exhaust
>driver on the left

MMMM

cuk

Hell yeahSWM pls explain

NOICE

S W M
W
M

Ayyyy

Yes, invite a bunch of 4channers over after winning lots of cash. What could go wrong?

Sexy Wranon Meatcock?

Who said I'd be with them. And who says they would ever be able to leave. It'd be motorbike hunger games

YOU KNOW IT ;)

What's the prize

my dick

>cb400 is out first, quickly followed by the apriliafags, cucktms and the nuda
>the others die of old age before their jap shitbikes
>mv user is winner because he just got his parts

how do i lease a motorcycle? i just learned this is a thing

>die of old age
>mfw I'm not even 20
kek!